G 5

D 4

A 5

D

yeah, and also in agitated

i think the 3rd fret part that guy is referring to is the

D--4--5--4--3

A--2--3--2--1

:confused: the only part that was somewhat difficult for me was the intro bit around the 12th fret

but muse isn't hard on the whole. Listen to porcupine tree :stunned:

I loves playing me a bit of Porcupine Tree! :yesey:

If that was changed to a 4 that would be the chord from HM

This thread's getting too confusing.

I was typing from memory, it's been a while since I played it.

yeah, and also in agitated

i think the 3rd fret part that guy is referring to is the

D--4--5--4--3

A--2--3--2--1

:confused: the only part that was somewhat difficult for me was the intro bit around the 12th fret

I always thought the four notes on the D string there were all the 3rd fret and it was just the A that changed? That's the tab I learned it from anyway. Which is right? :$

Yeah. Its easy.

The end riff is basically the same notes from dead star but backwards.

And Uprising. And RATM's Freedom. And a few others. :chuckle:

If Muse had a singer, and bells only played guitar, their songs would be a biiitch.

You CAN'T be serious !!! The best thing about Muse is that Matt is a perfect frontman being both singer and lead guitarist and he can play rythm guitar while singing and best of all - cool piano stuff...I hate those bands that have a singer and guitarist both competing who's the frontman. Because those guitarist often interfere with the singers trying to play cool stuff while singer is singing and it sounds bad usually. Bells can play great rythm guitar that doesn't interfere with his vocals and then play solo/riff guitar.

What's more, if you've got a solo singer, you can't play much instrumental stuff (think how SS outro riffs would look like, if there's a lead singer doing nothing). And Matt wouldn't be able to do the same rocking out and cool moves, because it would look like showing off and trying to get more attention than a singer. But being both, he's the perfect frontman and I really don't know a better frontman. Surely Freddie was amazing but still it's much cooler when a frontman plays solos and main riffs...That's why I've begun singing lead vocals because I realized I can't go crazy on stage while having a solo singer...And it's a big problem of many bands - Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Guns n'Roses, Oasis, AC/DC, or even Radiohead, Kasabian etc...

And FYI, I think of Matt more as an amazing singer and composer than guitarist/pianist...His vocals are irreplaceble...Sure his guitar and piano riffs are cool and my favourite actually, but his singing and composing is the main signature thing about Muse IMO...

You CAN'T be serious !!! The best thing about Muse is that Matt is a perfect frontman being both singer and lead guitarist and he can play rythm guitar while singing and best of all - cool piano stuff...I hate those bands that have a singer and guitarist both competing who's the frontman. Because those guitarist often interfere with the singers trying to play cool stuff while singer is singing and it sounds bad usually. Bells can play great rythm guitar that doesn't interfere with his vocals and then play solo/riff guitar.

What's more, if you've got a solo singer, you can't play much instrumental stuff (think how SS outro riffs would look like, if there's a lead singer doing nothing). And Matt wouldn't be able to do the same rocking out and cool moves, because it would look like showing off and trying to get more attention than a singer. But being both, he's the perfect frontman and I really don't know a better frontman. Surely Freddie was amazing but still it's much cooler when a frontman plays solos and main riffs...That's why I've begun singing lead vocals because I realized I can't go crazy on stage while having a solo singer...And it's a big problem of many bands - Led Zeppelin, RHCP, Guns n'Roses, Oasis, AC/DC, or even Radiohead, Kasabian etc...

And FYI, I think of Matt more as an amazing singer and composer than guitarist/pianist...His vocals are irreplaceble...Sure his guitar and piano riffs are cool and my favourite actually, but his singing and composing is the main signature thing about Muse IMO...

Spoken like a true guitarist. :LOL:

but muse isn't hard on the whole. Listen to porcupine tree :stunned:

One note at a time isn't difficult. Listen to Angie by Burt Jansch for real guitar playing.

You also forgetting that if Matt could do all the guitar stuff on his own, then there wouldn't be as much of a need for Chris's bitchin' basslines, and thus it wouldn't be Muse. ;)

YEAH !!! That's on my mind too...I love how Chris is more of a bassist+rythm guitarist, taking a lot of space...That's great. And Matt does a lot of keyboard-style stuff on the guitar which is also amazing...And there's more space for cool Dom drums too - well generally for everything - BVs also. That's great about Muse - you can really hear what's everybody playing because they've got a lot of space. And still it blends together well, because everything is either about riffage or vocals - no solo show off.

Spoken like a true guitarist. :LOL:

Is that a compliment or mocking ? :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes::p

Is that a compliment or mocking ? :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes::p

Just an observation!

With Muse, we're watching a talented musician rather than a great frontman. I don't think anyone can be a great frontman if they are stood still behind a microphone.

That said, Liam Gallagher got away with it, but purely through sheer arrogance.

Exhibit A:

:LOL: no they're not easy, they just aren't too difficult. Whats really incredible is that he can do them while singing.

This.

Just an observation!

With Muse, we're watching a talented musician rather than a great frontman. I don't think anyone can be a great frontman if they are stood still behind a microphone.

That said, Liam Gallagher got away with it, but purely through sheer arrogance.

Well I personally like singers who play guitar and Matt is great because he can do both well...But I think he's somewhat worse now - he doesn't move that much, etc...But he was just invincible back in OoS and Abso tour... :-)

And he's never standing still !!! Not even nowadays - Come ON !!! Maybe on some new The Resistance songs, but that maybe is why I don't like them live...they're not live at all...

I respect matt far more as a composer then a guitarist. His way of writing music is much different then most. The whole is set up like a choir. Dom keeps the beat amd fills a bit of sound. Chris fills the mid to low end. Matts guitar fills mid to high end and his voice is used to add extra melody. Most guitarist come up with their parts from jams but Muse just take whats in their heads and make it happen. Look at motp, that could never have come from jamming.

Well I personally like singers who play guitar and Matt is great because he can do both well...But I think he's somewhat worse now - he doesn't move that much, etc...But he was just invincible back in OoS and Abso tour... :-)

And he's never standing still !!! Not even nowadays - Come ON !!! Maybe on some new The Resistance songs, but that maybe is why I don't like them live...they're not live at all..

To be fair, he couldn't move about too much on those towers or he'd have fallen off! :LOL:

And I remember him moving about quite a lot to the heavier Resistance tracks too to be honest...

To be fair, he couldn't move about too much on those towers or he'd have fallen off! :LOL:

And I remember him moving about quite a lot to the heavier Resistance tracks too to be honest...

During Leeds and Reading there were some heavy songs where he barely moved though. :(

Archived