ADAM

I don't mind Absolution's production, it's certainly not as bad as BH&R's. It doesn't flow as an album, but I can manage to listen to it the whole way through though. OoS's first seven tracks flow brilliantly and then it just falls apart.

What' date=' specifically, is so terrible about the production on Absolution?[/quote']

Nothing wrong with the production at all on the whole, it's really well done, just a few bits & pieces seem a bit rushed and could accuse it of being a bit too clinical.

The mastering destroys it though.

Nothing wrong with the production at all on the whole, it's really well done, just a few bits & pieces seem a bit rushed and could accuse it of being a bit too clinical.

The mastering destroys it though.

So many posters are criticising the production on Abso I was wondering what I was missing. What would you say was rushed and what's the problem with the mastering (you seem to know a lot more about these things that I do).

I wouldn't describe Abso as clinical at all. The Resistance is, definitely, bit not Abso.

So many posters are criticising the production on Abso I was wondering what I was missing. What would you say was rushed and what's the problem with the mastering (you seem to know a lot more about these things that I do).

I'm not going into production, as it's too much to go into.

With mastering, they squashed the life out of the dynamics, which makes it sound lifeless and when listening to it loud (Preferably through decent speakers), it doesn't hit you right. Once in a studio, stuck on a couple of Muse songs from Absolution & OOS and although the numbers says that Absolution is "louder" than OOS, songs from OOS had more punch and sounded louder.

I'm not going into production, as it's too much to go into.

With mastering, they squashed the life out of the dynamics, which makes it sound lifeless and when listening to it loud (Preferably through decent speakers), it doesn't hit you right. Once in a studio, stuck on a couple of Muse songs from Absolution & OOS and although the numbers says that Absolution is "louder" than OOS, songs from OOS had more punch and sounded louder.

On my crappy stereo system it all sounds great. :D

awww why do so many of you skip FAWY :(

personally i think all their albums r great, n if it were me id say all of them shuld b #1!

but considering not evry1 thinks like me, i think id go for abso as #1 :happy:

Whilst FAWY has been one of my favourite songs for a long, long time...

Please don't type in text-speak. It's just annoying.

Are.

And.

Everyone.

These are not difficult words to type...

Whilst FAWY has been one of my favourite songs for a long, long time...

Please don't type in text-speak. It's just annoying.

Are.

And.

Everyone.

These are not difficult words to type...

Lol, +1. Huge bugbear of mine!

As for Abso, I'm kinda grateful that I don't have the musical ear or knowledge to pick up on the 'lodness'/'dynamics' issue - when I hear it, it sounds fine. I mostly listen through headphones anyway, so don't end up having a problem with the way it sounds. OoS does sound like it's better quality, but I'm biased to that album anyways, lol. It should be MUCH higher up in that list. Some of the albums they've mentioned are just meh, imo.

The flow always seems to get 'iffy' towards the end of Muse's albums. I consider the flow of the Resistance to be one of that album's strongest points. Although many criticise how it jumps from genres throughout the album (to be fair, they have a good point), for me, the album doesn't seem to lose its focus towards the end. I can listen to the whole album with ease, whereas towards the end of OOS, Absolution and BH&R, the flow seems a bit disjointed to me. Pity the majority of the songs on TR aren't as good as in their other albums then. :LOL:

The flow always seems to get 'iffy' towards the end of Muse's albums. I consider the flow of the Resistance to be one of that album's strongest points. Although many criticise how it jumps from genres throughout the album (to be fair, they have a good point), for me, the album doesn't seem to lose its focus towards the end. I can listen to the whole album with ease, whereas towards the end of OOS, Absolution and BH&R, the flow seems a bit disjointed to me. Pity the majority of the songs on TR aren't as good as in their other albums then. :LOL:

TR's flow is very good. It does indeed get better towards the end - much better.

Archived