ADAM

To be quite honest, a bit of angstiness does help. :LOL:

What are you listening to by them?

Pulse of the maggots, and the other one...something about ALL HOPE IS GOOOONE!!!!

I could just imagine it...all the teletubbies lined up headbanging playing air guitar.

hehe..."Sit the fuck down!"

Pulse of the maggots, and the other one...something about ALL HOPE IS GOOOONE!!!!

I could just imagine it...all the teletubbies lined up headbanging playing air guitar.

Before I Forget is actually a very good song

Uh, no sir. I believe it is in fact your opinion that is fail. The only people who actually like Slipknot or Marilyn Manson are pseudo-rebellious 13-15 year olds. Seriously. Ask literally any person with even an iota of taste and you'll hear the same thing.

Im 12 and i like Slipknot :$.

Not Marilyn Manson as such though :p.

But of course, none of them are better than Muse :D. Thats my opinion anyway.

To be honest, Radiohead don't really 'rock'. :LOL: They sway to and fro and do horrible things like thinking a lot.

So true. :chuckle: Especially these days...

I listened to some more slipknot...why do I get the image of teletubbies headbanging...

:LOL:

What do I actually think of the poll?

Well, for starters, we're hardly into the 21st century, so this is a bit premature - and very lazy journo-lism. Polls for mags are like TV show clip episodes - they're filler.

And the contents are hardly surprising. Kerrang concentrates on (Amurkan-style) RAWK. With monu-mental geetar RIFFS. For heavens' sake, the readers voted in The Darkness. That really does make the whole poll a joke. What month was this again?:rolleyes:

Origin of Symmetry should've been number 1, Green Day? i couldn't believe that crap.

And sorry but Slipknot is an awesome band and if anyone is going to throw the stupid comment of ''anyone who listens to them is 13-15 yr olds with problems'' is a complete douche.

That's why they headlined Download Festival with a crowd as big as Reading, Glastonbury and Wembley Stadium. So pipe down. I can tell you now, if their next album hits number 1 here in the UK, they will without a doubt be hitting up Wembley Stadium.

Go learn how to appreciate music, then come back with your stupid comments.

Origin of Symmetry should've been number 1, Green Day? i couldn't believe that crap.

And sorry but Slipknot is an awesome band and if anyone is going to throw the stupid comment of ''anyone who listens to them is 13-15 yr olds with problems'' is a complete douche.

That's why they headlined Download Festival with a crowd as big as Reading, Glastonbury and Wembley Stadium. So pipe down. I can tell you now, if their next album hits number 1 here in the UK, they will without a doubt be hitting up Wembley Stadium.

Yeah but everyone has different opinions. I personally can't stand Slipknot but I know others love them. Just because you don't like a particular band doesn't mean you don't appreciate music.

Yeah but everyone has different opinions. I personally can't stand Slipknot but I know others love them. Just because you don't like a particular band doesn't mean you don't appreciate music.

But that comment made about 13-15 year olds was incredibly arrogant and moronic. Fair enough you don't like a band, but that guy decided to insult all their fans and make out they were incapable of thinking for themselves.

number 1, Green Day? i couldn't believe that crap.

Way to contradict yourself- I don't see you offering any real points proving Slipknot's superiority in any terms, or why Green Day's music is bad.

I don't listen to metal/heavy at all really, but I think I can understand and appreciate the musicianship some of the bands fitting that genre have. For me Slipknot just comes across as promoting noise over substance, really playing it up in order to get aggressive reactions out of young men(and women), giving them some false sense of "anarchy" when they pump their fist in a festival crowd, before humbly returning to their real-life jobs or another day in school. I also find the theatre-like shtick with the mask and "controversial" antics and lyrics just kind of juvinile. If you really can't find a way to express yourself without smearing shit and blood all over your face you probably need to re-think your career-choice.

Slipknot is essentially pop with more effects on the guitars to make it sound heavy, and faster drummers. Strip it down and you have McFly in masks.

Yeah well thats your opinion, some people think their decent, if you dont like them fair enough.

How do you think theyre pop!? And if it was stripped down then it would still be better than McFly in my opinion :p.

And they dont use that many effects in alot of theyre songs :).

Ah, their newer stuff. Like Mozza said, Before I Forget and also Duality are good, they're how most people got into Slipknot. Their first two albums are the best though, they're bloody mental, particularly the first- the first two tracks on the first album are insane.

Green Day are amazing. But Muse are better, they should have been No 1.

My thoughts exactly. But I'm glad that my favorite album ever made it so far! :awesome:

Absolution > American Idiot

Don't get me wrong, Green Day is another one of my favorite bands, but Muse is definitely better.

• 1 year later...

Archived