ADAM

Except for the part about how Autechre and Radiohead are not very similar at all. That's not even a valid comparison.
Gawd, I'm replying to a troll, what do you expect? Autechre is an inspiration on Kid A and Thom's solo stuff.

Mozza, I like how you indignantly quoted me in your sig. It's funny that most of the people who read your posts will think you're quoting me out of agreement.

I'd love to stay and debate this but I'm off to listen to some Slipknot

Rock on!

Sure, that's fine then. I thought you meant as a whole.
I was, because that guy I quoted is obviously trolling (eg, trying to get people annoyed), thus I threw out a meh-meh comparison to Autechre to get on his tits, because he obviously wanks over Pitchfork and Radiohead.

It's the laws of the internets, take a study on them.

I was, because that guy I quoted is obviously trolling (eg, trying to get people annoyed), thus I threw out a meh-meh comparison to Autechre to get on his tits, because he obviously wanks over Pitchfork and Radiohead.

Actually, he is probably just an arrogant person who knows something about music. While going about it waay to arrogantly, he has at least one point.

Some of the albums on that list are just unmusical.

On a side note, Mozza...lol I did think when you quoted him you were agreeing :$

One of my friends tried making me listen to a slipknot track once..he gave up when I couldn't stop laughing...

Pulse of the Maggots hell yeh! Lol its not an appaling song...its musically interesting but...it still makes me laugh.

Thats all my Slipknot knowledge gone :stunned:

The fact that there are people who voted 30 seconds to Mars as the 4th best album of the decade makes me want to burn down houses and stab Jared Leto in the eye with his own eyeliner.

Evil forces are among us...known as 13-year-old girls.

I feel bad for the whoever journos who had to write the praising introduction to some of those albums...they probably had to get hammered at the nearest pub after that, weeping in their beer for selling their music-loving souls at the altar of a steady paycheck.

I feel bad for the whoever journos who had to write the praising introduction to some of those albums...they probably had to get hammered at the nearest pub after that, weeping in their beer for selling their music-loving souls at the altar of a steady paycheck.

A slightly toned down version of this was what I was thinking. :LOL: Particularly for the 50STM album.

Lol, thats what you get for a reader poll. I'm quite glad muse didn't top it. Still the praise each album got from the magazine seems quite articulated in a way. But yeah, having to do that for all of those albums I can imagine was soul sucking for them. :p

Also, as much as most people will hate to hear it, American Idiot will go down as one of the greatest albums of all time.

Also, as much as most people will hate to hear it, American Idiot will go down as one of the greatest albums of all time.
It will also go down as that album, where Green Day took some make-up and changed themselves to cling on to the mainstream.

It will also go down as that album, where Green Day took some make-up and changed themselves to cling on to the mainstream.

I don't completely agree. If anything, American Idiot was a rather risky move considering they released an album heavily critisicing some aspects of the American society, the war and the things happening in the US in the post 9/11 world, and only less than 3 years than the attack happened. Do remember this was the time Bush's approval rating was still over 50 and generally Americans were wary of any cricial attacks on their country or the new-found "unity" that swept the country after the terrorist attacks.

Couple that with the fact that they managed to sell 14 million albums in these days with an album like that- a massive number for any album these days, let alone one belonging to the rock genre - and my hat goes off to them, even if I'm not a big Green Day fan myself.

Guest Octazooka
I don't completely agree. If anything, American Idiot was a rather risky move considering they released an album heavily critisicing some aspects of the American society, the war and the things happening in the US in the post 9/11 world, and only less than 3 years than the attack happened. Do remember this was the time Bush's approval rating was still over 50 and generally Americans were wary of any cricial attacks on their country or the new-found "unity" that swept the country after the terrorist attacks.

Couple that with the fact that they managed to sell 14 million albums in these days with an album like that- a massive number for any album these days, let alone one belonging to the rock genre - and my hat goes off to them, even if I'm not a big Green Day fan myself.

I will be killed for saying this, but I'm happy that both of my favourite albums went to the top 2 :awesome:

13) Origin Of Symmetry - Muse (2001)

12) The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance (2006)

09) From Under The Cork Tree - Fall Out Boy (2005)

05) Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance (2004)

04) A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds To Mars (2005)

:LOL: what?!

Archived