What do you think is the best live version of Butterflies and Hurricaines?

In my opinion Shepherds Bush one :erm::D

Heard a few but. SB one I think is really good.

As long as it's got the extended middle bit, with that extra guitar bit in, there's nothing that really stands out :erm:

:LOL: Bit of a pointless thread then:rolleyes:

As long as it's got the extended middle bit, with that extra guitar bit in, there's nothing that really stands out :erm:

Yep pretty much.

There is an exception though. The B&H performances in the Abso tour are generally better becuase of the extra harmonics from Matt's guitar during the first verse as well as the verse after the piano solo.

i was on wikipedia and in the butterflies and hurricanes page it said that the studio original was all on piano with no guitar or anything

i've never heard of this track before so could someone help me out in either telling me if it exists or if its false information

thank you x

The first time any part of B&H was played it was just the piano interlude.

When it was next played it was the full song.

The album version uses electric piano as the main instrument, but still has bass guitar, drums, strings, etc.

In the live/single version, he uses guitar as the main instrument, while everything else stays the same (the piano solo is of course with piano in both versions.)

Just listen to the beginning of the album version, and then the single version. You'll hear the difference.

I don't know if you can get the actual Muse version but heres the full piano version, that was weird i was just watching it and this thread came up :eek:

its brilliantly played here, enjoy :)

thats bloody excellent!

Album B&H doesn't have any guitars (except bass of course). What is said on wiki is that the song starts with a Rhodes Piano and continues with a Steinway&Sons Grand Piano... When played live, only the solo part is played on piano and the rest played bu e.guitar. At least this is what I know, maybe I'm wrong, dunno :)

I can do the solo but I was wondering if it was actually worth it.

piano solo? go for it. but if you plan on going for a level music, save it for then, and use somet simple, but play it well for gcse. i.e. bliss...feeling good? you could re-arrange the whole thing from the tabs im sure and sing it. or if your not a keen singer get a singer to sing it.