What ya think?  

737 members have voted

1. 1. What ya think?

• Promising!
    • I'm scared :(
    • No opinion really
    • Wheres the cabasa?

How does Muse usually go about selling singles? I mean will we be able to buy this on a disc or vinyl? And would any of that be released in the states?? I've never bought a single from any band before so I'm not sure how any of this works so please forgive me if this was a stupid question.

How does Muse usually go about selling singles? I mean will we be able to buy this on a disc or vinyl? And would any of that be released in the states?? I've never bought a single from any band before so I'm not sure how any of this works so please forgive me if this was a stupid question.

Since it seems at times difficult to even find Muse studio albums in the States, other than at Best Buy, I doubt you'd find a single anywhere. Hooray for Amazon? :awesome:

Since it seems at times difficult to even find Muse studio albums in the States, other than at Best Buy, I doubt you'd find a single anywhere. Hooray for Amazon? :awesome:

Haha, very true. Best Buy and amazon are the only places I even try to find CDs. But do you think that it will be sold in the UK even or would it all be digital downloads?

i've seen HMV carry a Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight single before. i was like.....very cool.

Now, I like the US since I live here and all, but I hate how there's no record stores anymore. All there is now is Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart. And those aren't record stores! Even Borders Books and Music has a shrinking music section. I guess there are some rinky-dink record stores in the malls, but I hate malls. There used to be a huge Tower Records here that was kinda like an HMV, but it's long gone. I guess it's all because of ipods. It's a shame, really. :noey: I sound like an old person...

rant over....

"slow rapping" for Muse could be anything like what we had on TIRO

"I wanted freedom

Bound and restricted

I tried to give you up

But I'm addicted."

etc...etc...

I can't wait to hear the rest of this song anyway. :D

Now, I like the US since I live here and all, but I hate how there's no record stores anymore. All there is now is Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart. And those aren't record stores! Even Borders Books and Music has a shrinking music section. I guess there are some rinky-dink record stores in the malls, but I hate malls. There used to be a huge Tower Records here that was kinda like an HMV, but it's long gone. I guess it's all because of ipods. It's a shame, really. :noey: I sound like an old person...

rant over....

We've only got HMV left in the UK now. Thanks alot credit crunch.

This is good so far, probably because Bellamy hasn't said anything yet. :LOL:

The fact this is the song with the dubious 'fat cats' lyric worries me a lot but if it's delivered in a humourous way, Bellamy might be forgiven.

i've just remembered hmv no longer sell singles so i don't know where i'm going to be able to buy this! do whsmiths sell singles any more? i rarely buy singles but i do like to buy muse releases.

i've just remembered hmv no longer sell singles so i don't know where i'm going to be able to buy this! do whsmiths sell singles any more? i rarely buy singles but i do like to buy muse releases.

I was just wondering that.

Can you even buy them from the muse.mu shop? I mean, it seems like there are only mp3's there. No way this would make it to finnish stores.

FFS MUSE! Stop ripping-off songs and come up with your own songs...

So far... we have chopin & queen

now we have... goldfrapp meets doctor who... how bad will it get?

A cover is not a ripoff.

USoE only sounds abit like Queen.

We've only heard 30 seconds of Uprising.

All songs are derivative; the faster you learn that, the faster you'll learn to enjoy music for what it is.

FFS MUSE! Stop ripping-off songs and come up with your own songs...

So far... we have chopin & queen

now we have... goldfrapp meets doctor who... how bad will it get?

+1

USoE - Intro sounds like the black parade, there's the bit that sounds like queen, Egyptian bit sounds identical to a Dream Theater song I heard ages ago, the 'SIA! SIA! SIA!' bit sounds like Queens Flash Gordon, and to top it all off the outro is totally copied from another composer!

I just hope the rest of the album is a bit more original, but judging from Uprising I doubt it.

I think it sounds different, but not so different that its basically like "wait.....this is.....Muse?". The very first time I heard it I was very confused, I didn't really know what to think of it. I love the bass line, it honestly feels kinda like Hysteria to me but only because of the dominant bass line. The synths have kinda grown on me though...I really do like it. The sound of a riff going at the end of the clip is really promising too. This song is going to be a blast live.

Archived