What ya think?  

737 members have voted

1. 1. What ya think?

• Promising!
    • I'm scared :(
    • No opinion really
    • Wheres the cabasa?

It's the worst song off the album in my view. It's not terrible, but it does remind me a little of I Don't Care, by Fall Out Boy, which is one of the worst songs i have ever heard.

Other bands have better incorporated the kind of dance beat and bass that Muse seemed to be going for.

The lead single should have been MK Ultra.

Some music channels have apparently resorted to combining clips of old Muse videos. Muse are currently making a video, but i'm not sure if its for Uprising or a new single. To be honest, its far too late to release an Uprising video now. Singles tend to peak at release, unless it becomes crazy popular with the entire country like Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars.

Some music channels have apparently resorted to combining clips of old Muse videos. Muse are currently making a video, but i'm not sure if its for Uprising or a new single. To be honest, its far too late to release an Uprising video now. Singles tend to peak at release, unless it becomes crazy popular with the entire country like Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars.

I'm astounded Warner (I'm assuming it's Warner's decision??) have done this! Presumably their main priority is to ensure new singles from bands are given maximum exposure PRIOR to release date! Weird.

It could well be an experiment. Perhaps to see how well a band like Muse does without video promotion. The single looks set to break into the UK top 10 and has reached number 1 in the US alternative charts with no video promotion at all. That's as good as and even better than any previous single they've ever released.

It could well be an experiment. Perhaps to see how well a band like Muse does without video promotion. The single looks set to break into the UK top 10 and has reached number 1 in the US alternative charts with no video promotion at all. That's as good as and even better than any previous single they've ever released.

Is it?! Must admit I don't follow the charts, haven't done so since I was in my mid to late twenties anyway!

I really couldn't tell you if/where any of the singles or albums have charted!:$:LOL:

Is it?! Must admit I don't follow the charts, haven't done so since I was in my mid to late twenties anyway!

I really couldn't tell you if/where any of the singles or albums have charted!:$:LOL:

If you're interested, which i'm going to assume you're not lol, the best place to check is Wikipedia. They're all listed in there. Muse's highest UK entry to date is number 4 with Supermassive Black Hole. Their only other two top 10's are Time Is Running Out and Knights of Cydonia.

If you're interested, which i'm going to assume you're not lol, the best place to check is Wikipedia. They're all listed in there. Muse's highest UK entry to date is number 4 with Supermassive Black Hole. Their only other two top 10's are Time Is Running Out and Knights of Cydonia.

Yeah.

Consider this though: 2001, no one really knew who Muse were, they only got exposure on MTV2 and Kerrang (whos viewers didn't buy singles much) and Plug in Baby got to #11 and New Born got to #12. In 2002, Dead Star/In Your World (a double A side) got to #13 despite having two songs to promote seperately from a band still not well known.

Uprising will probalby get top 10 and the idea of holding a video back is to try and sustain Muse's chart position so it doesn't just drop out completely like the old days

Someone asked me if I could post the notes for each song from the iTunes LP so...

"This song is influenced by glam rock, 80's synths, riots and the more eccentric pretesters at the recent G20 protests. It expresses a general mistrust of bankers, global corporations and politicians." - Matt

I was one of the lucky ones to see Muse at The Den, Teignmouth on the Saturday night. Just to say if you didnt see it you really missed out cos it was fantastic and i wasnt even a Muse fan before i went.

Question: I am a member of UKIP and we dont want to be part of the EU and demand our own rule. The lyrics of "Uprising" seem to be anti EU? Can any body comment on this?

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR

The transmissions will resume

They'll try to push drugs

Keep us all dumbed down and hope that

We will never see the truth around

Another promise, another scene, another

A package not to keep us trapped in greed

With all the green belts wrapped around our minds

And endless red tape to keep the truth confined

They will not force us

They will stop degrading us

They will not control us

We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control

Come let the revolution take it's toll if you could

Flick the switch and open your third eye, you'd see that

We should never be afraid to die

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that

The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that

Their time is coming to an end

We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

They will not force us

They will not control us

We will be victorious

They will not force us

They will not control us

We will be victorious

"This song is influenced by glam rock, 80's synths, riots and the more eccentric pretesters at the recent G20 protests. It expresses a general mistrust of bankers, global corporations and politicians." - Matt

Taken from the notes on The Resistance iTunes LP, so the answer is

NO

/end thread

I've listened to the uprising from teignmouth mp3, and I just watched this version pro shot on tv, the latter was better imo.

I was in Tinmuff and Uprising on Friday (not shown on BBC pro footage) was a killer of an opener... End riffage was epic! What they did at Jools Hollands was nothing compared to it.

Seeing a song live and seeing the broadcast on TV are 2 different things.

I was in Tinmuff and Uprising on Friday (not shown on BBC pro footage) was a killer of an opener... End riffage was epic! What they did at Jools Hollands was nothing compared to it.

Seeing a song live and seeing the broadcast on TV are 2 different things.

Look, we can have different opinions, I preferred the broadcast on Jools Holland to the one from Teignmouth, although both were great.

Question: I am a member of UKIP and we dont want to be part of the EU and demand our own rule. The lyrics of "Uprising" seem to be anti EU? Can any body comment on this?

I don't think it's anti-Europe at all, I just think it sums up a lot of people's disillusionment with modern politics, a feeling of detachment from political process and a feeling that very rarely do politicians act upon the will of the electorate.

Also, United States Of Eurasia is effectively, within reason, a call for the total unity of the Eurasian landmass which implies that Muse's views on such things are likely to be fairly open or at least, more likely to be in favour of integration.

Err I wasn't sure where to put this, but I bought The Resistance today (:awesome:), and I was reading the credits and shiz, and at one point it says:

Extra claps and football hooligan noises on Uprising by Tom Kirk, Paul Reeve and Adrian Bushby.

Hooligan noises :LOL: <3

It reminded me of the 'smashing antiques on The Small Print by Tom Kirk' thing :p

Err I wasn't sure where to put this, but I bought The Resistance today (:awesome:), and I was reading the credits and shiz, and at one point it says:

Extra claps and football hooligan noises on Uprising by Tom Kirk, Paul Reeve and Adrian Bushby.

Hooligan noises :LOL: <3

It reminded me of the 'smashing antiques on Exo-Politics by Tom Kirk' thing :p

Fix'd.

I think I heard the smashing antiques in Exo too. Maybe not. I've got a killer soundsystem though so mayhaps I did catch it. :rolleyes:

Archived