• The Gallery
    • Nishe
    • Bedroom Acoustics
    • Interlude
    • Minimum
    • Man of Mystery

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, let's get this back on track!

Final word on Trafalgar Square....... no.

:stunned:

I know, it's very upsetting. Apparently, we are aiming for an inconceivable date, such as a weekend, and if our numbers are to be as expected, there are too many of us and we would need police permission, council permission and other such permission.

Now then, without dragging the truth or whatever out from the previous singalong, we have the problem that now we have three options:

1. Aim for a small, more localised part of London. We need people from London who wouldn't mind contacting their local borough or council and asking for permission there. It's all well and good me trying, but in person it'll mean a lot, and I'm stuck in Oxford... for now.

^If this fails...

2. Stop trying to hold it on a Weekend.... I know, that's not fair on our younger musers, but last time we were on a Friday afternoon, a much calmer time of the week, and it's still conceivable for the youngsters to come along to.

3. Now then, is probably not the best idea, but it may make us look good. Get MOAR peeps to join. 20 members isn't going to get us far.

People confirmed:

Micropaperclip

KesMuse

Crazy_Chocobo

Sarah.Plug.In.Baby

Chlotastiqué

Citizen Erased

Cydonian-nights

Katt-Physchdd-x

bellamybean

zed

Pythagorus

Laurabrussell

missusmuse

BluePlanet

Melissaaa

Susibel

Problemfanatique

hyper_chondriac_muser

Lauren_Guyott

gazgriff

Rainbow Socks

People Who Are Maybes

*OoS*

L.

OriginOfGemini

Cheersaholic

Midgetmayhem

Elenor

Cydonian Syndrome

Liz0_o

C13R4N

rockette147

floggedbymuse

Deano88s

lottiefunk

Our current numbers are quite small.... and yes, I know this is down to the whole "wait until we have permission" or "I may be able, let me think about it nearer the time" or "I want to sing in Birmingham/Manchester/Amsterdam (insert your city name here)" attitudes. Frankly, this does not make us look like a serious group if we are all a bit skeptical and unwilling to try.

We DO need a serious website for this... I'm not saying ties and shirts style serious, just a site where we can be more 'up for the idea', where people can register their names, we can discuss the setlist, and more.

Again, sore matter here, I've attempted to email certain members of the last singalong, but they didn't respond as.... well they just didn't respond. If anyone has the ability to make a website, that would be awesome. Facebook and the forums can only go so far ^_^

RIGHT, enough waffling from me, let's be honest. Do you want to attend a charity based singalong for Muse? If yes, then let's see some pom poms in the air and enthusiasm! :dance:

yeah london definitely! i cs im a 'kid' too i deffo wont be allowed out somewhere random

totally! besides, micro needs to get there too! lol

My folks would so say no if i told them i wanted to go to like... scotland... bad example - i'd be allowed to go there... if i said birmingham or liverpool or york or... cardiff or something then it's be a big no-no! man, i'm glad people are finally starting to post on here again...

Crazy? has anyone else responded... or not? Where is it defo not happening?

BTW: i like the Teignmouth idea. i know it's a long shot and really far away, but i think that would be really nice. Plus, i've been looking for an excuse to go bak there!

I'd really love to come to this! I'll try and get my auntie to come along too who's also a huuge Muse fan :happy:

I can almost definetly make it if it's in London and is on a weekend.

Woah I can't believe Hyde Park wont let it happen there..

Where else have you guys tried?

Teignmouth :awesome:

yeah london definitely! i cs im a 'kid' too i deffo wont be allowed out somewhere random

Me too :(

Considering how far ahead of time we're planning this, people that have work and stuff can book it off easily. So there's no excuse! :)

And I think Teignmouth would be a nice idea, all of us lot back on the Den! :) But in terms of travel, without finding a place to stay for the night, it's much easier to travel to London and back from all over the country. Capital city and all that.

I'm 100% going to this, missed the last one! Can't wait :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you really want to make this a big event like the last pre-Wembley Trafalgar Square charity fundraiser, and to involve Musers from places other than England, it needs to be scheduled for Wembley weekend. Since the gigs are Fri/Sat, how about Sunday noon in London, to give people ample time to travel home after?

A major London location will be the best way to raise a lot of money. And timing the event to attract the largest possible number of Musers will guarantee that it will be taken seriously. If there are only 30-40 people involved, it is unlikely that passersby will donate, like they did last time. Liron (from Israel) and I passed the buckets around during the 2007 event and collected over L1000 each, mostly from tourists curious to see why 200+ people were singing Muse songs in Trafalgar Square.

If you really want to make this a big event like the last pre-Wembley Trafalgar Square charity fundraiser, and to involve Musers from places other than England, it needs to be scheduled for Wembley weekend. Since the gigs are Fri/Sat, how about Sunday noon in London, to give people ample time to travel home after?

A major London location will be the best way to raise a lot of money. And timing the event to attract the largest possible number of Musers will guarantee that it will be taken seriously. If there are only 30-40 people involved, it is unlikely that passersby will donate, like they did last time. Liron (from Israel) and I passed the buckets around during the 2007 event and collected over L1000 each, mostly from tourists curious to see why 200+ people were singing Muse songs in Trafalgar Square.

It has been considered, having it during the weekend of Wembley like last time.... but one problem, well two problems are that everyone is back at school, some people might not be able to go.... although to be honest the main reason is that I do consider myself to be a organiser in this event, and I won't be able to come if it's held during that weekend. It's impossible, I'll be in Japan :(

What I am thinking could happen.... is with regards their dates in France. It's possible a lot of people may travel from London to get to France, so why not hold the event around that time? It's a thought, and it's a possibility. But currently, there is no defined date.

I remember you guys helping out with the buckets, we really appreciated that, and there will definitely be over 30 odd people. I would love it to be a big as possible like last time, if not bigger. To prove this, we don't need to hold it near a Muse gig date, it should be the pure attraction of the event and the desire to charity fund raise with the help of Muse that should make people want to come along.

• 3 weeks later...

If I can get my muser friend to come with me, I'm definitely in. But she's in the Gambia at the moment, so I'll let you know in a week or so. Sounds amazing though, and so worth going down to London for - but if possible, can it not be between 15th of July and 1st of August?? Cheers :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, is it still happening? I agree with gocanux, that it should be as close to the Wembley dates as possible to capitalise on the thousands of people who are travelling from all around the world (me include) to attend the gigs!

Archived