DarkChronic

Any other bands similar to Muse?

I recently discovered Muse and feel in love with their music. I like their slower songs in particular, so are there any other bands besides the obvious Radiohead that sound similar to muse?

Hmmm.... apart from Muse not sounding like Radiohead? I hear Dream Theatre are pretty Muse-esque though I can't confirm it.

New band called Fear of Music, they're clearly VERY Muse influenced. One of the songs on their EP (Millions Screaming) is their little epic, the end of which is more than reminiscent of the final part of Citizen Erased.

OMG!!!!!!!111111111111oneoeneoeoneonenoenoeno

I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WESTLIFE!!!!!!!!12345!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!154321!!!!

i think its really good that the guy from westlife came out, because now the rest of the band can.

I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WESTLIFE!!!!!!!!12345!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!154321!!!!

i think its really good that the guy from westlife came out, because now the rest of the band can.

:LOL: True.

Hmmm.... apart from Muse not sounding like Radiohead? I hear Dream Theatre are pretty Muse-esque though I can't confirm it.

New band called Fear of Music, they're clearly VERY Muse influenced. One of the songs on their EP (Millions Screaming) is their little epic, the end of which is more than reminiscent of the final part of Citizen Erased.

Do you have a link ???

I recently discovered Muse and feel in love with their music. I like their slower songs in particular, so are there any other bands besides the obvious Radiohead that sound similar to muse?

You may want to get the album Grace by Jeff Buckley.

Im from toronto canada!

thanks for the suggestions so far

The dude who played keys on my CD (he's a great friend) is a Canadian. He's a daggy nerd and I love him a lot!

You may also want to get "Schizophonic" - Nuno Bettencourt. :cool: Yeah, I know... but truly, trust me! It ain't no Extreme album. Check it out!

Ditto with the jeff. And if you like the instrumentals, try Phillip Glass. Interesting stuff.

ha, we got to listen to that in music for an aural assessment. teacher hated it, the silly twat. :rolleyes:

i really like his stuff.

That link (2nd from the top) by Aisling (I love that name... but that's beside the point) is a very interesting thread..... worth reading.

:)

Ah shucks :happy:

/whoring my awesome thread making skills...

Is it just me who thinks that Muse just don't sound like Radiohead. I've got all the Muse albums and all the Radiohead albums and I just don't see the comparison.

That link (2nd from the top) by Aisling (I love that name... but that's beside the point) is a very interesting thread..... worth reading.

:)

hm... i wanted to say radiohead and jeff buckley but everyone knows radiohead and feel like no one likes j. buckley so..

Is it just me who thinks that Muse just don't sound like Radiohead. I've got all the Muse albums and all the Radiohead albums and I just don't see the comparison.

i played muse in car journey an my mate thought it was radiohead an he loves them......but atleast i got him into muse aswell lol.

I don't see it either, although most of my friends just count Radiohead and Muse as the same band.