http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/470766

"when you read the book, it's like 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself. I mean every line is like that." He tells E!'s Ben Lyons what more blunt critics of the books had been saying for a while: "When I read it, it seemed like (grimaces) I was convinced that ... Stephenie was ... convinced that she was Bella, and uh, and you, it wasn't, it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her ... her sort of sexual fantasy about some -- especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that it's like, I was just convinced that, that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation.""when you read the book, it's like 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself. I mean every line is like that." He tells E!'s Ben Lyons what more blunt critics of the books had been saying for a while: "When I read it, it seemed like (grimaces) I was convinced that ... Stephenie was ... convinced that she was Bella, and uh, and you, it wasn't, it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her ... her sort of sexual fantasy about some -- especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that it's like, I was just convinced that, that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation."

hahahha

This marks the second time Muse will contribute to a Saga soundtrack. Their "Supermassive Black Hole," which you'll recall accompanied the baseball scene in "Twilight," was also the opening track to the movie's album. Author Stephenie Meyer is a devoted fan of the band, often using their songs as inspiration while writing. She lists no fewer than four songs, among them "Hyper Music" and "Apocalypse Please" as unofficial playlist tracks for "New Moon."

I quite like Hyper Music and Apocalypse Please. :supersad:

lots.

Oh yes indeed :eyebrows: I personally haven't read Queen of the Damned, but am familiar with Rice's other work. I can see how the movie made a mess of the books though because it just didn't flow well, and there was virtually no character development. I personally didn't like the Jesse Reeves character...found her to be soo annoying.

I haven't read any of the books from the Twilight series either. However, I did try and read the first page of the first book, and was immediately turned off :p Bella Swan must be one of the most ANNOYING characters in literature EVER. From what I've seen in the first movie, all she does is whine and complain 24/7. Not to mention, she has an unhealthy obsession with Edward. Talk about the epitome of a crazy fangirl :rolleyes:

I read about 2 or 3 more books after Queen of The Damned and the whole Mayfair saga. I really enjoy her style of writing. Might have to get some more when I'm finished with my current book.

I read the whole thing as I wanted to see what the big fuss was all about. Twilight was okay, enjoyable story (but the writing is quite simple), New Moon drove me insane with Bella's whining, Eclipse = more whining + love triangle whining and Breaking Dawn = the most ludicrous storyline possible :noey:

I agree she is the most ANNOYING characters in literature EVER (couldn't sympathise or understand her motivation) I could have understood the obsession but then Edward is the DULLEST love interest (always good, respectful, blahblahblah) I found him no depth (imo he should have been darker, more dangerous...) You want a tiger and you end up with a kitten :LOL:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/470766

"when you read the book, it's like 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself. I mean every line is like that." He tells E!'s Ben Lyons what more blunt critics of the books had been saying for a while: "When I read it, it seemed like (grimaces) I was convinced that ... Stephenie was ... convinced that she was Bella, and uh, and you, it wasn't, it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her ... her sort of sexual fantasy about some -- especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that it's like, I was just convinced that, that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation.""when you read the book, it's like 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself. I mean every line is like that." He tells E!'s Ben Lyons what more blunt critics of the books had been saying for a while: "When I read it, it seemed like (grimaces) I was convinced that ... Stephenie was ... convinced that she was Bella, and uh, and you, it wasn't, it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her ... her sort of sexual fantasy about some -- especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that it's like, I was just convinced that, that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation."

hahahha

I don't understand all this, but I agree that it's so boring that he's supposed to be such a stud. I mean how shallow is that? Who cares!? This isn't about love! Not really. It takes a lot away from it. She should have made Edward more real. It's as if whats her name (can't remember) wouldn't have given him a second glance had he not been an adonis with super-strength who glittered. The story is cliched to the hilt! Actually thinking about it maybe there is an element of tongue in cheek in there, but that would make Stephanie Meyer very cynical.

I read about 2 or 3 more books after Queen of The Damned and the whole Mayfair saga. I really enjoy her style of writing. Might have to get some more when I'm finished with my current book.

I read the whole thing as I wanted to see what the big fuss was all about. Twilight was okay, enjoyable story (but the writing is quite simple), New Moon drove me insane with Bella's whining, Eclipse = more whining + love triangle whining and Breaking Dawn = the most ludicrous storyline possible :noey:

I agree she is the most ANNOYING characters in literature EVER (couldn't sympathise or understand her motivation) I could have understood the obsession but then Edward is the DULLEST love interest (always good, respectful, blahblahblah) I found him no depth (imo he should have been darker, more dangerous...) You want a tiger and you end up with a kitten :LOL:

I really ought to check out all of her books; I quite like her writing style. Public library here I come! :D

Anyways, apparently, there's a part in one of the Twilight books where Edward rips open Bella's uterus with his teeth to get their baby out (from what I've read on IMDb). Any truth to this?!? :stunned: If so, I never knew that Twilight was actually GRAPHIC, especially since their vampires seem to be such a bunch of pansies.

And OMG, apparently, when asked about The Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire, Meyer commented with an ever so intellectual "Yuck!" :facepalm:

I really ought to check out all of her books; I quite like her writing style. Public library here I come! :D

Anyways, apparently, there's a part in one of the Twilight books where Edward rips open Bella's uterus with his teeth to get their baby out (from what I've read on IMDb). Any truth to this?!? :stunned: If so, I never knew that Twilight was actually GRAPHIC, especially since their vampires seem to be such a bunch of pansies.

And OMG, apparently, when asked about The Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire, Meyer commented with an ever so intellectual "Yuck!" :facepalm:

:LOL:

I did say: "Breaking Dawn = the most ludicrous storyline possible" :noey: that includes vampires midwifery skills...

She srsly said that!! :eek: Lost Boys "cult classic" and she should read "interview with a vampire" so she can get an idea of what creative writing, character depths and imagery are all about :phu:

I did say: "Breaking Dawn = the most ludicrous storyline possible" :noey: that includes vampires midwifery skills...

She srsly said that!! :eek: Lost Boys "cult classic" and she should read "interview with a vampire" so she can get an idea of what creative writing, character depths and imagery are all about :phu:

Oh dear, so it actually DID happen?! :facepalm:

And I find it ironic that she thought that Interview with the Vampire was "yucky". Assuming that she was referring to the graphic nature of the book, how is that any less disturbing than her storyline of a vampire ripping open someone's vajayjay?! :confused::noey:

Yeah that does happen, I was amazed the films were only going to be 12a as parts of the books are really graphic/violent I don't think it's suitable for kids.

I can't believe she said that about Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire? :eek: Now I really enjoyed the Twilight books but Lost Boys got me into the whole vampire thing when I was a kid I still have a copy now and well The Vampire Chronicles are classics! :rolleyes:

And I find it ironic that she thought that Interview with the Vampire was "yucky". Assuming that she was referring to the graphic nature of the book, how is that any less disturbing than her storyline of a vampire ripping open someone's vajayjay?! :confused::noey:

Knowing them for the movie they will have a nice cut away scene with background music soppy music and you won't see anything...

Srsy what's so graphic about Interview with a vampires apart from vampires bitting people? :erm; News flash for you Meyer: "It's what vampires do!!!!" :rolleyes:

I just hope this time they use the soundtrack in meaningful scenes instead of just randomly dropping music here and there with no purpose.

YES, IT F**KIN' DID HAPPEN:

Have you read Bram Stoker's Dracula?

No, but it's on the list. I should've read that one a long time ago, but right now I can't read any vampire novels. I tried, after I wrote Twilight, to read The Historian, because it was the big thing that summer. But I can't read other people's vampires. If it's too close [to my writing], I get upset; if it's too far away, I get upset. It just makes me very neurotic.

Is it true you've never seen a vampire movie?

I've seen little pieces of Interview with a Vampire when it was on TV, but I kind of always go YUCK! I don't watch R-rated movies, so that really cuts down on a lot of the horror. And I think I've seen a couple of pieces of The Lost Boys, which my husband liked, and he wanted me to watch it once, but I was like, It's creepy!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20049578,00.html

Oh my dear lord! Why does such a person get famous for such a piece of crap! I must send my short stories to a publisher company. If they print shit like the twilight 'saga', they MUST take my stuff too. :D

:noey:

Yeah that does happen, I was amazed the films were only going to be 12a as parts of the books are really graphic/violent I don't think it's suitable for kids.

I can't believe she said that about Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire? :eek: Now I really enjoyed the Twilight books but Lost Boys got me into the whole vampire thing when I was a kid I still have a copy now and well The Vampire Chronicles are classics! :rolleyes:

They're probably going to have to do a lot of editing in that case. Was the first book graphic/violent as well? The movie was rather on the tame side.

I can't believe she said that about Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire either! She sounds like such an immature little brat :indiff: I'm glad that Stephen King called her out on being a terrible writer. He is absolutely brilliant. :awesome:

Knowing them for the movie they will have a nice cut away scene with background music soppy music and you won't see anything...

Srsy what's so graphic about Interview with a vampires apart from vampires bitting people? :erm; News flash for you Meyer: "It's what vampires do!!!!" :rolleyes:

I just hope this time they use the soundtrack in meaningful scenes instead of just randomly dropping music here and there with no purpose.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that with all the graphic/disturbing scenes. Still can't believe that kids read this stuff!

An Imdb user suggested that Meyer was referring to certain scenes including one where Lestat bites into a woman's breast (it's been awhile since I've seen the movie, so I don't remember this). But this is hardly anything anything compared to Meyer's birth scene :rolleyes:

They should play Starlight during a violent death sequence. It'll be good for a laugh :p

No, but it's on the list. I should've read that one a long time ago, but right now I can't read any vampire novels. I tried, after I wrote Twilight, to read The Historian, because it was the big thing that summer. But I can't read other people's vampires. If it's too close [to my writing], I get upset; if it's too far away, I get upset. It just makes me very neurotic.

I've seen little pieces of Interview with a Vampire when it was on TV, but I kind of always go YUCK! I don't watch R-rated movies, so that really cuts down on a lot of the horror. And I think I've seen a couple of pieces of The Lost Boys, which my husband liked, and he wanted me to watch it once, but I was like, It's creepy!

Oh my dear lord! Why does such a person get famous for such a piece of crap! I must send my short stories to a publisher company. If they print shit like the twilight 'saga', they MUST take my stuff too. :D

:stunned: How old is this woman, 12?!? I can't believe that she's never seen a vampire movie in its entirety before. No wonder she believes that vampires are supposed to sparkle :facepalm: And last time I checked, vampire movies are supposed to be CREEPY. They are VAMPIRES ffs, not fairy princes and princesses :rolleyes:

And the thing about her not reading any other vampire novels...it's probably because she doesn't want to face the reality that so many of them are better than what she has written. I think if she were to read Dracula, she would indeed feel embarassed with how poorly written her Twatlight series is compared to this classic :phu:.

:stunned:

She's never read Bram Stoker... first vampire book I read. And The Historian is really interesting, actually the vampire part is not that dominant but really interesting about the history of the real Vlad The Impaler, Istanbul and the history of that region throughout the middle ages - maybe too intellectual for Meyer :rolleyes:

I still can't believe she got published... I guess some agent saw the money making potential with teenager...

They're probably going to have to do a lot of editing in that case. Was the first book graphic/violent as well? The movie was rather on the tame side.

I can't believe she said that about Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire either! She sounds like such an immature little brat :indiff: I'm glad that Stephen King called her out on being a terrible writer. He is absolutely brilliant. :awesome:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that with all the graphic/disturbing scenes. Still can't believe that kids read this stuff!

An Imdb user suggested that Meyer was referring to certain scenes including one where Lestat bites into a woman's breast (it's been awhile since I've seen the movie, so I don't remember this). But this is hardly anything anything compared to Meyer's birth scene :rolleyes:

They should play Starlight during a violent death sequence. It'll be good for a laugh :p

The book 3 has a scene about a vampire being shredded to bit during a fight but I wouldn't really call it violent when you see how it's written.

This woman amazes me - does she think she has monopoly on the vampire genre? And I love her double standards: sex before marriage is a big no no but teenage wedding and teenage pregnancy on the other hand is fine :rolleyes:

If that's the scene she is referring to that's nothing. He bites her on the top of the breast and all you see is the blood stain the dress - you can hardly call it disturbing (and I get scared easily with films)

... or they could Execution Commentary during a love scene... Matt random screaming in the background :chuckle:

:stunned:

She's never read Bram Stoker... first vampire book I read. And The Historian is really interesting, actually the vampire part is not that dominant but really interesting about the history of the real Vlad The Impaler, Istanbul and the history of that region throughout the middle ages - maybe too intellectual for Meyer :rolleyes:

I still can't believe she got published... I guess some agent saw the money making potential with teenager...

The book 3 has a scene about a vampire being shredded to bit during a fight but I wouldn't really call it violent when you see how it's written.

This woman amazes me - does she think she has monopoly on the vampire genre? And I love her double standards: sex before marriage is a big no no but teenage wedding and teenage pregnancy on the other hand is fine :rolleyes:

If that's the scene she is referring to that's nothing. He bites her on the top of the breast and all you see is the blood stain the dress - you can hardly call it disturbing (and I get scared easily with films)

... or they could Execution Commentary during a love scene... Matt random screaming in the background :chuckle:

That would be :awesome:

:stunned: How old is this woman, 12?!? I can't believe that she's never seen a vampire movie in its entirety before. No wonder she believes that vampires are supposed to sparkle :facepalm: And last time I checked, vampire movies are supposed to be CREEPY. They are VAMPIRES ffs, not fairy princes and princesses :rolleyes:

+1

Well, for people who don't watch films like that it might be a bit scary, but come on. It's supposed to be like that. And the "creepiness" of Interview with a Vampire was appropriate. It just fit. And it's one of the best vampire movies.

And the thing about her not reading any other vampire novels...it's probably because she doesn't want to face the reality that so many of them are better than what she has written. I think if she were to read Dracula, she would indeed feel embarassed with how poorly written her Twatlight series is compared to this classic :phu:.

Or again, she's just scared. Could be tooooo creepy :LOL: Scary Vampires who drink blood :eek:

Is that really one of Meyer's standards? Cause if it is, the woman is pretty dumb. She knows that having sex causes a (teenage) pregnancy, right?!

I think if she read Dracula, The Historian and The Vampire Chronicles she would hide under a rock in shame at her poorly writing... Now I understand why her vampires are so 'off'

Is that really one of Meyer's standards? Cause if it is, the woman is pretty dumb. She knows that having sex causes a (teenage) pregnancy, right?!

In Book 3 Bella and Edward get hitch after finishing high school so she is barely 18 and he is technically 17 (age he was turned) and she falls pregnant straight after so in my book that's teenage pregnancy (but it's okay because they're married now so they're not living in sin!!)

In Book 3 Bella and Edward get hitch after finishing high school so she is barely 18 and he is technically 17 (age he was turned) and she falls pregnant straight after so in my book that's teenage pregnancy (but it's okay because they're married now so they're not living in sin!!)

EDIT: ahh ok, I didn't know they're married at the time when she gets pregnant. Of course it's no sin then :LOL:

+1. She is such a hypocrite :indiff: I remember watching Interview with a Vampire back when I was really young (probably when I was 10-12), and I don't recall ever even thinking "Eww, that's so gross!" at all. The only thing that disturbed me was the fact that I was watching it with my uncle and cousin, but that's another story :erm:

Ouuu, sounds kinky :eyebrows::chuckle:

+1

Well, for people who don't watch films like that it might be a bit scary, but come on. It's supposed to be like that. And the "creepiness" of Interview with a Vampire was appropriate. It just fit. And it's one of the best vampire movies.

Exactly. Vampire movies are supposed to be like that! Unless of course you're talking about Buffy The Vampire Slayer :rolleyes: (I mean the movie, not the TV series. Both are completely different). And yes, I agree with you. Interview with a Vampire is one of the best vampire movies that I have seen; better than Coppola's Dracula, cos Keanu Reeves ruined it for me :noey:.

No no, when teenagers have sex, the aftermath usually consists of unicorns frolicking around and giggling in a sea of glitter :p

Archived