my uni's stand up comedy night played hysteria and butterflies and hurricanes in the intervals....but they made sure that they were the last songs to be played before the acts came on...and cut BOTH songs off mid-way!

wierd....:confused:

I was watching some Music channel where I babysit on Saturday night and they were having technical difficulties during some programme about Pete Doherty, so they played the Knights of Cydonia video about 5 or 6 times!

I see Muse very rarely on t.v as it is so it was bizarre to see their video played over and over again:LOL:

i think that some marketing genius has figured that in order to mobilize hords of humans, just play a MUSE song and they'll do whatever u want: see a movie, buy perfume...:p

do u think MUSE songs have a subliminal message ?? it's possible.

That's the only way people will ever listen to Soldiers Poem

I heard if you play it backwards with your head in jelly, you can hear Bellamy saying "A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play"

Knights of Cydonia can just be heard over the "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA " on the ad for the 300 doovd

(oh my yes, we're still doing the 300 quotes)

Guest emzlilachouse
Knights of Cydonia can just be heard over the "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA " on the ad for the 300 doovd

Yeh iv seen that to Alex :D

oh won't you please, post a link for that??

Well, Muse songs seem to work pretty well in horror trailers I've noticed. Shrinking Universe in 28 Weeks Later, and now this..

I didn't like the Dior ad at all, i didn't think it fitted well, but the horror trailers work well..

I thought the apple burn trailer was good aswell..

It's always very strange to here the songs arranged differently though, expecting the vocal when they bring another instrumental part in.

Gosh, I think it must have been one of the first times I heard Muse that I cant rememebr, of course I didn't know this at the time..

Anyway, Space Dementia was in one of my schools Rock Eistedfodd (dancing comp between schools) performances. It was Beethoven themed and it was at the end when he goes deaf and is regected and stuff. it works really well. I loved this choice when i first heard it cos it was a cool song, but it also fitted with the theme with all the piano. It was great. i was so thrilled to find out years later that it was MUSE.

One day I'll see if I can get that video up on Youtube for anyone who's interested.

Also, Showbiz was used on one great one based on the poem Porphyria's Lover, again didn't know it at the time... I haven't known Muse for long unfortunately.

and I now know why Muse keeps on getting in the Rock Eisteddfod shows, the director is a big fan.