Right now - Explorers - so many rock n'roll clichés, I think it's dull + one part of the 1st verse has the same vocal melody as Queen's Don't stop me now and that pissed me off completely...

BUT - I think it's still too soon and therefore silly to judge T2L...From the other albums I'd say Undisclosed Desires - a good idea, awesome lyrics, but the overall sound and the fact that it's repetitive and boring makes it the worst for me - but I still like it :D Just please no more UD live ! There's no point of playing that...

From the B-sides I'm not very fond of the album version of In Your World (live it works way better) - the guitar riff is awful...and the whole song seems to lack any good ideas :rolleyes: ...On the other hand Dead Star is one of their best !

Explorers, such a rocknroll cliché.

I meant popular music not rocknroll... :D The last chorus alone - how it's transposed a tone up - I was so proud Muse never did that - that's what you do, when your song sucks and you need to boost it...And the whole song is nothing new - really dull...On the other hand - Supremacy is speed rocketing through my TOP Muse songs list... :-) Survival and Panic Station too...

I seriously have to take part in this thread.

Some of the songs that people say are shit really makes me cringe, some of Muses best original songs, like Unintended and some of the best later stuff (Like TIRO and TFADA) Arrgrgghh!

Maybe some of the B-sides, but that's acceptable. I saw a few Can't take my eyes off you and Please Please Please around, and it's like, okay, fine.

But anything on the albums are pure gold, maybe not so much in the 2nd Law (We've not got used to them yet :p) but noooo not the older albums.

If I choose myself, I have to say Pink ego box/bedroom acoustics or Please Please Please, but I sincerely love pretty much all the Muse songs I've heard, like, ever. I can't think of many album songs I hate.

I seriously have to take part in this thread.

Some of the songs that people say are shit really makes me cringe, some of Muses best original songs, like Unintended and some of the best later stuff (Like TIRO and TFADA) Arrgrgghh!

Maybe some of the B-sides, but that's acceptable. I saw a few Can't take my eyes off you and Please Please Please around, and it's like, okay, fine.

But anything on the albums are pure gold, maybe not so much in the 2nd Law (We've not got used to them yet :p) but noooo not the older albums.

If I choose myself, I have to say Pink ego box/bedroom acoustics or Please Please Please, but I sincerely love pretty much all the Muse songs I've heard, like, ever. I can't think of many album songs I hate.

Please Please Please is a song by The Smiths, you know that?

Btw you just said that every Muse album song is pure gold? lol

That's so badass, yeah

Not trying to be "badass" whatever the hell that means. I just think most of the new album is up (or down) there with the worst songs Muse have ever made.

Why do you feel the need to disparage or suppress opinions that diverge from your own. Are you scared of disagreement? Some people will inevitably love the album, some will hate it. I'd like to think everyone has a right to express their view though - as long as they do it in a cogent way.

Soldier's Poem is not good..

Why ? I think it's original and really great...I love the backing vocals - they aren't ripping of Queen like those on Maaaaadness and the song is really intense...The harmony, chords and melodies are amazing IMHO...It's not a track you would listen to every day and I'm skipping it a lot, but I'm glad it's there when I'm in the right mood...It's not shite, just different, not every day Muse song...

My least favourite is still Explorers, but that may change - I was singing along the chorus today so...Who knows ?

Why ? I think it's original and really great...I love the backing vocals - they aren't ripping of Queen like those on Maaaaadness and the song is really intense...The harmony, chords and melodies are amazing IMHO...It's not a track you would listen to every day and I'm skipping it a lot, but I'm glad it's there when I'm in the right mood...It's not shite, just different, not every day Muse song...

My least favourite is still Explorers, but that may change - I was singing along the chorus today so...Who knows ?

Wow. You think SP is good, and Supremacy, Follow me, Panic Station, etc, is bad..?

Congratz on that opinion

I meant popular music not rocknroll... :D The last chorus alone - how it's transposed a tone up - I was so proud Muse never did that - that's what you do, when your song sucks and you need to boost it...And the whole song is nothing new - really dull...On the other hand - Supremacy is speed rocketing through my TOP Muse songs list... :-) Survival and Panic Station too...

No, just no. Explorers is beautiful. The piano melody and chord transitions are excellent. The last transposed chorus isn't just there to boost the song, because there's also a lot going for it already which 'boosts' it. It's there because it fits the music.

And you could argue that Supremacy is 'nothing new' even more so than Explorers, because that sounds like something that typical generic Muse would do.

Archived