How do you attatch a photo into your posts?

Well, you have to go to "Post Reply" or when you quote someone, not quickquote. Then you go to Manage Attachments in Additional Options, then you browse for the image off your computer, or enter the url, press upload & you're done :D

Don't worry, took me a while to work out what the hell I was going

Make sure the URL is just that of an image and is full and complete.

A common example is wikipedia images, you need to use just the image URL, not the URL of the image description page (as I have attempted to do several times before!).

If it's still not working paste the URL here.

Okay, I tried this and they keep coming up as an X :(:LOL:

Make sure the URL is just that of an image and is full and complete.

A common example is wikipedia images, you need to use just the image URL, not the URL of the image description page (as I have attempted to do several times before!).

Also, there are some websites that won't let you link pictures from their sites on message boards or other websites. If you try to, the pics don't show up. If that was the case, to post the pic you'd have to save it to your computer and then either attach it like megglen described or if you get a photobucket account, you can upload it there and then post it the way kylee described.

What if you want to attach a jpeg that's not a url? Like a photo on your hard drive? Whenever I attach a pic, it attaches as a thumbnail. Then when you click it within the thread, it gets bigger, but that's no fun, unless it's a ginormous picture. Thanks for your help!

P.S. I notice the word ginormous isn't showing up here as a misspelled word. Jeepers,is that actually a real word now? :rolleyes:

What if you want to attach a jpeg that's not a url? Like a photo on your hard drive? Whenever I attach a pic, it attaches as a thumbnail. Then when you click it within the thread, it gets bigger, but that's no fun, unless it's a ginormous picture. Thanks for your help!

P.S. I notice the word ginormous isn't showing up here as a misspelled word. Jeepers,is that actually a real word now? :rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you can make attachments appear in full size, it's always a thumbnail you have to click to enlarge.

To post a full size photo, you'll have to upload it to a hosting website first.

What Falling Endlessly said.... but adding that you can use the board for some pic storage. In your profile you have a link to photo albums where you can upload a certain number of pics (can't remember the limit now) and you can post those in a thread like normal. So, if you want to post the occasional pic but don't want to get a photobucket or something like that, you don't have to :)

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you can make attachments appear in full size, it's always a thumbnail you have to click to enlarge.

To post a full size photo, you'll have to upload it to a hosting website first.

What Falling Endlessly said.... but adding that you can use the board for some pic storage. In your profile you have a link to photo albums where you can upload a certain number of pics (can't remember the limit now) and you can post those in a thread like normal. So, if you want to post the occasional pic but don't want to get a photobucket or something like that, you don't have to :)

OOOhhhhh! Thanks, guys. That makes sense. I have a photobucket account, so I can use that.

Archived