Do something that means something to you :) I have "Your time is now" from B&H on my wrist. I'd wanted a Muse tattoo for years, but had a hard time making up my mind. B&H has always been one of my favorite songs, and when I heard it live for the first time, it really moved me and made a lasting impression on me. A couple months later, I got my tattoo not only as a tribute to Muse, but a reminder to never waste opportunities or miss chances, and do my best to make a positive impact on the world, because we only have one life and it's up to us what we do with the time we're given :) (Oh God, that sounds like YOLO :facepalm::LOL: ) But that's always been what that song means to me, and after hearing it live, I felt very inspired by that message.

Anyway, I'm not saying to go get the same tattoo as me hahaha. The point of my long and cheesy post was that you need to seriously consider what you wanna get, and go with something that connects with you and means something :)

That's exactly the answer I was looking for. You have a very good point. I'm thinking of "do what the f*ck you want to, there's no one to appease" or "this is the last time I'll abandon you".

Thank you :D

The question was more specific than just a regular tattoo and I don't have time to go through 192 pages to find what I was looking for. You didn't even have to say anything either.

Don't mess with Furygirl. She'll kick you in the shin.

The question was more specific than just a regular tattoo and I don't have time to go through 192 pages to find what I was looking for. You didn't even have to say anything either.

I closed it because all Muse tattoo questions, comments, etc. go under this thread. You don't have to search the entire thread for something that's already been posted with such a specific question like yours. Just ask again.

So i definitely get another Muse tattoo. the 1th of July I can make an appointment for next year so I have to be patient. It's gonna be a tattoo for Chris. Got one already but I need another one! Let you all know when I have it!! Gonna be next year so be patient!

I'm getting a really old tat covered up and enlarged w/ something else on June 28, and next week I get to see what my artist came up with after giving her a file folder of crazy ideas. Excited! :D It will feature the TR artwork in part, or at least the "feel" of it, with the hexagons and colors. I'm not really into obvious band statements, but wanted something Musey.

Don't mess with Furygirl. She'll kick you in the shin.

I like you more now. :happy:

Hi everyone!

My second "Muse related" tattoo is done since 4:30 pm yesterday (this is why the skin is so reddish), and I thought it would be cool to show it for a first post on this forum.

It's a big mix that refers to Showbiz, OOS & Absolution (butterflieeees :p). Artworks used were a bit modified to fit my ideas but I think that we still recognize.

Here we are:

overall view

muse_sleeve_tattoo.jpg

detailed view (click for better resolution)

muse_sleeve_details_small.jpg

And now, for those who are interested, the next step and the meaning :unsure::

Actually, it's not really finished as it will be a full sleeve.

I'm planning to add (when I'll have enough money) an other composition about Absolution (again), BH&R and The Resistance on the forearm. Most likely, the theme will be the end of the world, manipulation, revolution and so on. Everything will be inspired by songs from these albums but I didn't started to gather ideas yet (I'm thinking about Apocalypse Please, Knights of Cydonia, Uprising, MK Ultra, Cross-pollination... Argh not enough skin xD).

If it was only about Muse, I would probably never have made this but fortunately, this is not the case :p.

I'm totally addicted to Muse since I'm 11 (I'm 21 now) and, by dint of hearing me listening to Showbiz and later OOS, my father also felt in love with it and allowed me to go to my first gig with him (18 November, 2003 at Paris Bercy) and since that day we went to 12 gigs all around France, each time together, and I can truly say they are my best memories because of all that happened around this.

So, this is the hidden signification of my tattoo and it's really strong to me.

I hope that you like it :)

Greetings from France!

Cédric.

This dude has to be a MAJOR chick magnet at Muse gigs!

• 3 weeks later...

I got this tat on Friday. The new design incorporates an 18 y.o. tat that had not exactly held up well. Overall I'm very happy with it, but I may go back and have a few things tweaked. I love the design, size and placement. :happy:

I'm not one for obvious band references, but I did incorporate hexagons for Muse, and there are Biffy Clyro "b"s. Also, the flowers are inspired by my favorite Melvins album cover art.

1012635_616900934995532_2058321170_n.jpg

Before:

992802_616899978328961_1815063820_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

That's really pretty :happy:

I'm getting my final two tatts in a couple of weeks. Not Musey, but they'll end up looking like Chris's Arabic tatts cos they're also in Arabic, funnily enough, lol. And they'll go on my arms as well but not the same place as his. I'm not getting them in another language cos it looks 'cool' - I am actually Arabic, so I'll know for certain it says what I want it to say ;)

I'm getting my final two tatts in a couple of weeks. Not Musey, but they'll end up looking like Chris's Arabic tatts cos they're also in Arabic, funnily enough, lol. And they'll go on my arms as well but not the same place as his. I'm not getting them in another language cos it looks 'cool' - I am actually Arabic, so I'll know for certain it says what I want it to say ;)

That's great!! I'm getting with my bff Bliss on our left underarm. And gonna discuss my tattoo in September. It's gonna be a real special one and I think it's gonna be in my left calf. Nie spot and enough space for it. When it's finished I will post pics! It's gonna be great!! I'm so excited about it already!!

• 3 weeks later...

wow, some really nice tats here :)

Got mine about two weeks ago and still want to get the hearts from the SMBH artwork someday when I have figured out where :D

7ddb1e0f-ff30-4662-9541-3a431ab7d615_zps9e7dbbe1.jpg

So that's mine...took the pic two days after I got it that's why my foot still looks a bit swollen :rolleyes:

I got this tat on Friday. The new design incorporates an 18 y.o. tat that had not exactly held up well. Overall I'm very happy with it, but I may go back and have a few things tweaked. I love the design, size and placement. :happy:

I'm not one for obvious band references, but I did incorporate hexagons for Muse, and there are Biffy Clyro "b"s. Also, the flowers are inspired by my favorite Melvins album cover art.

1012635_616900934995532_2058321170_n.jpg

Before:

992802_616899978328961_1815063820_n.jpg

Very nice! I love the colors. :happy:

Thanks! Did you get your final ones yet?

Very nice! I love the colors. :happy:

Thanks! :D

I want more.

Is there a picture of this tattoo i could show a tattoo artist ? http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2844/39753423026419900112182.jpg

I would like to get something like this, but i need a sketch :(

If you get a tattoo that you should have a custom made and your artist can make that sketch for you if you take the pic with you and tell that you want sth like that. My artist draws always sketches and she doesn't copy tattoo's.

If your artist don't make a sketch I think you should go to another shop

Yeah, a good artist will be able to do the sketch, not just expect you to bring in the exact artwork. I would suggest not copying that exact design, because that is not really cool to do, but find an artist that does sketches and bring in a few samples/ideas of what you're looking for, and let them come up with their interpretation.

My tattoo artist is drawing mine up for me! I want a butterfly on my ankle but I'm getting the wings decorated with different coloured hexagons from The Resistance artwork :)

I thought about doing the same thing! But in the end I didn't go with that. It's a cool idea, though. :)

Archived