The 'Origin of Symmetry' long term appreciation thread

mr.jingles

How much do you like 'OoS' now compared to the first time you listened to it?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like 'OoS' now compared to the first time you listened to it?

• I dislike it a lot more now
    • I don't like it as much as the first time I listened
    • Just as good as the first time listened to it
    • I like it a little bit more now
    • As of today, I love the album a lot more

like so many others i only liked PIB at first

however i gave it a few listens and started to like more and more and more etc

(this is when i didn't really know of muse)

and now my favourite muse song is probably bliss

the only song i never really liked was screenager,

it isn't a bad song but it just never grew on me like the others did

the album ends perfectly with the organ blast at the end of megalomania lol

I used to consider OoS and Absolution as my favourite albums and loved both equally, but for some time now OoS has been my number one. It just has something more than Absolution. It's their best album and hopefully The Resistance will be as good (or even better!).

I put that I like it a little bit more....

In my case, I haven't been a muse fan that long, so Origin was the third album of theirs I got (behind BH&R and Abso - and I still don't have Showbiz :p), and I had already been obsessing over them on youtube, so I was familiar with several of the songs.

After finally buying it, getting in the car and putting it on, I was totally :awesome: over finally hearing Bliss and NB in decent quality....

So yeah, I like it a little bit more than I did because there were a few songs that had to grow on me, but I pretty much loved it from my first listen....

OOS is tied with Abso as my muse #1 (although abso may have a slight edge :unsure:)

Hmmm...I didn't like OoS much at first. Although, the first time I heard it, Bliss immediately became my favourite song of Muse's. Sooooooo, I sorta put the album on my cellphone and listened to the album (and only OoS) for just about a month. :rolleyes: (my god, that sounds pathetic)

Anyways, I soon grew a huge appreciation for Citizen Erased (also in my top 10 songs now), as well as Megalomania (that's one of the most epic songs evarrr imo) and Micro Cuts just because it's foreign, and I still know none of the words. Heh.

Screenager and New Born are still a bit meh to me. But I love this album so much more now, nevertheless.

...I still think Absolution is the best album though. Mhhmmm.

I'm not quite sure now, because when I first listened to it I was like "WTF?", then over the next couple months I grew to obsessively love it, then I sort of came down from that high. So, I don't like it quite as much as that peak, but I like it a lot more than on first try.

EDIT: Also, according to my Last.fm, Micro Cuts is my most played song ever. Strange.

• 2 months later...
I'm confused...My copy of OoS doesn't have Futurism on it...:(

it was probably only on the japanese one or something... i got futurism as a b side deadstar-in your world...

anyways

i said i liked it a little bit more than when i first heard it

fucking fantastic album, the second album i listened to (heard abso first) and after a lot of :eek:-ing and :erm:-ing on the first listen i fell in love and got properly hooked on muse.. i don't listen to it now as much as i should do i don't think..

every time i see a live performance from this era on youtube i kick myself so hard for not realising muse existed back in the day... even if i would've been too young to see them live.. it would've been nice growing up with it.. can't see 'em ever topping it, in my eyes anyways..

*siigh* :happy: :happy: OOS appreciation ramble over. felt good to finally have a good ol' obsessey spazz over it on here :LOL:

• 1 year later...

Archived