yo, i need to make a stagerider, what am i supposed to write down beside what i equipment i bring and how i want it placed on the stage?

Write down how many channels you're gonna need (aka how many microphones/DIs are going through the desk), what's each channel is, for small gigs I doubt you have much choice on mics so maybe just specify what you want mic'd (kick, snare, guitars, vocals?) and what needs a DI box. Can do stage positions I guess although if it's a small gig then you're probably fine just saying lead guitar player stage left or something. And yeah, what equipment you're supplying. I don't imagine they're gonna require you to send much more than that

I always use ernie balls, no reason inparticular. Just habit

What gauge depends on what scale length your guitar is and what tuning you want to play in. Presume you're mostly playing in standard on a 25.5 scale length guitar tens or 11s will do fine, up to you really how much tension you want/if you wanna drop tune it at all

I always use ernie balls, no reason inparticular. Just habit

What gauge depends on what scale length your guitar is and what tuning you want to play in. Presume you're mostly playing in standard on a 25.5 scale length guitar tens or 11s will do fine, up to you really how much tension you want/if you wanna drop tune it at all

You presume correctly, I'll occasionally drop tune to D if I can't be bothered to change guitars but that's about it.

• 7 months later...

question for the knowledgeable bassists (well, dave) of muse message board

I think my bass sound is lacking a bit of presence. Would this be due to the 1x15 cabinet I have? it sounds good and everything, but just isn't clear enough I guess, and it's even more noticeable when using OD peddles.

question for the knowledgeable bassists (well, dave) of muse message board

I think my bass sound is lacking a bit of presence. Would this be due to the 1x15 cabinet I have? it sounds good and everything, but just isn't clear enough I guess, and it's even more noticeable when using OD peddles.

When did you last change your strings?

Strings, 2x10 helps (or 2x12, I prefer 10s), sad face EQ instead of happy face... could be a lot of things!

If you record some samples, it's easier to tell.

edit: also, does it change when you stand away further from the amp? Common 15 inch cab problem.

strings aren't that old, but aren't new either.

And I don't think it changes. I think the overall volume had a slight effect (had it pretty loud yesterday) but not a lot.

Would a sad face EQ help much? That would just add more midrange, and I think that's the problem here, along with lack of sparkle

Thanks

I just have the standard boss GE-7 (rather than the bass version) which can boost/cut 200hz anyway... close enough?

Also, where in the signal chain? I'm just using the animated w/ LS-2 at the minute, and I imagine it should go before that.

I'll try getting a sound clip soon.

For what it's worth, I was using a 2x12 guitar cabinet first (with two high power greenback type speakers) and I thought it sounded noticeably better... but this was with a different amp. Might try my current amp through that cabinet.

I don't think it has much to do with the bass or effects, as I do have that gretsch thing with low output passives, and it's not a whole lot better.

Oh and while I'm typing up this Bs length post, is there a trick to setting/balancing the levels on the LS-2 and OD pedal? It made most sense to set both controls on the LS-2 so they're not boosting or cutting, and just bring the OD level up so it blends nicely

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
what kind of guitar straps does Matt use? does he just use the standard Manson straps with the stealth logo or what?

Seen him recently use the stealth ones that they sell in the shop/online. He has used some other ones though that are like the stealth/deluxe straps but have no logo on them at all (since TR tour)

He has used some other ones though that are like the stealth/deluxe straps but have no logo on them at all (since TR tour)

Yup those are the ones that im confused about, they seem just like regular leather suede straps, but theyre also pretty much the same as the manson ones but without any logo whatsoever so im not sure.

Archived