How bad should I feel for sampling the amen break in one of my tunes?

Shouldn't feel bad at all.

Is it all pitched up and at 180bpm?

Ahhh sweet. :happy:

Yeah sometimes I find it a bit annoying when breakbeat tracks sample it and just loop it unchanged throughout the entire song so that's why I'm a bit procautious. No problem with your tune tho.

I know what you mean. A lot of old school Jungle chopped those beats up a lot (The influence on the end of that track), it was the lazy later D&B that just looped it that killed it. :(

The Winstons have never attempted to sue anyone for it over copyright, so that is pretty cool. Some other classic breakbeats, you need to be careful with and never go near James Brown samples (Funky Drummer and all that).

My Whammy button has gone on my Whammy DT so I am unable to use the features! Has anyone had this problem before? Is it an easy fix?

hello, ultimate noob here with a nooby musey question. I have only recently got an electric guitar and bought this book http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780571537747?redirected=true&gclid=CMC0y7m07LsCFW3JtAod1DQAtg in an attempt to teach myself to learn some basic riffs etc.

So my issue is that I was trying to learn dead star yesterday and it just sounds wrong and I don't know why. I wondered at first if I was supposed to have the capo thingy on it to change the key but the arppeggios sound correct when the lyrics start, it's the intro which sounds totally wrong.

For a lack of a better way to describe It says I should play on the low E string:

12 0 0 12 0 0 12 0 5 6 7 0 10 11 12

which just doesn't sound like it's in the right key. I know it's supposed to be heavily distorted but it still sounds wrong, I can play it by ear differently and it sounds better.

So, is the book odd, or am I doing something really stupid?

Does the tab book say what the tuning is? That song uses drop D tuning, so you tune your low E string down to D

So the tuning should be

e

B

G

D

A

D

The tab books have been wrong before though - I recall the official ones said micro cuts was in standard tuning, when it actually isn't.

Does the tab book say what the tuning is? That song uses drop D tuning, so you tune your low E string down to D

So the tuning should be

e

B

G

D

A

D

The tab books have been wrong before though - I recall the official ones said micro cuts was in standard tuning, when it actually isn't.

ah you're right it does! Theres a little box at the side which says 1=E ... 6=D etc. which I totally hadn't noticed, thanks! :happy:

ah you're right it does! Theres a little box at the side which says 1=E ... 6=D etc. which I totally hadn't noticed, thanks! :happy:

Also try playing it with the exact same frets at the same time on the A string for a more full sound, especially with distortion. A lot of RATM riffs are played in that way as well.

Also try playing it with the exact same frets at the same time on the A string for a more full sound, especially with distortion. A lot of RATM riffs are played in that way as well.

ok I'll give that a go

Hi! Is there anyone who knows which app for IPad is using Morgan Nicholls in this capture from the live from Rome Olympic Stadium, just before Undisclosed Desires?http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6959/ztju.jpg

Thanks...

Hi! Is there anyone who knows which app for IPad is using Morgan Nicholls in this capture from the live from Rome Olympic Stadium, just before Undisclosed Desires?http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6959/ztju.jpg

Thanks...

iTunes

Although seriously, I imagine it's an app that comes as an extension to a bit of hardware he has

Thanks...

Traktor DJ

iTunes

Although seriously, I imagine it's an app that comes as an extension to a bit of hardware he has

Why didn't you answer "iMime" or something

Just a curiosity but the chorus in bliss is meant to be played an octave higher at the 12th fret yet every cover version I've seen on youtube people always play it at the first fret. Nothing wrong with that as it sounds great but just curious as to why no one plays it at fret Matt does?

Could be anything; maybe the tabs in the Tabbook? Also it's easier from C to Am and C/G

Just a curiosity but the chorus in bliss is meant to be played an octave higher at the 12th fret yet every cover version I've seen on youtube people always play it at the first fret. Nothing wrong with that as it sounds great but just curious as to why no one plays it at fret Matt does?

As Matt said I imagine a big bit is what the tabbook says as people just copy that on UG and people go by that

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but has anybody got any idea what i can sell my old Epiphone Les Paul standard for? It is wine red flame top with the pickguard signed by Joe Bonamassa and the pickups are Seymour Duncan Hot Rod's. I'm trying to raise funds for modding the MBC1 when it arrives so is it worth over £300 do you think?