So the sustainer is in harmonic mode for quite a while then? Cause i cant see him turning it off immediately.

yeah, i think he has it on from when he leaves the piano to when he starts singing

you can see him switch it on there, and off again at 1:13:32

yeah, i think he has it on from when he leaves the piano to when he starts singing

you can see him switch it on there, and off again at 1:13:32

Ah great, thanks. He really uses the harmonic "lag" to his advantage by not strumming the chords in the intro just once.

Hey Guys, I’m kinda new to the forum, but still hope you could help me out with something, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Now since I finally I got my new amp I'm thinking about working on my pedal board again. Would be nice if you guys could point me in the right direction and tell me what you think would be some good investments.

Right now I don't own even a single pedal anymore, so what I really need are some Delay/Reverb pedals, since my new Blackstar doesn't have that feature included. I really dig the distortion of it, so an extra distortion pedal won't really be needed right now. Still was toying with the thought of getting a fuzz factory or other effect pedals, like the bluebox for example. What do you think of those is worth the money, or are there even better options available?

All in all I don't really want to spend a grand since I'm planning on getting a new guitar at some point during the next few months too. So options around 100 bucks would be great!

Hey Guys, I’m kinda new to the forum, but still hope you could help me out with something, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Now since I finally I got my new amp I'm thinking about working on my pedal board again. Would be nice if you guys could point me in the right direction and tell me what you think would be some good investments.

Right now I don't own even a single pedal anymore, so what I really need are some Delay/Reverb pedals, since my new Blackstar doesn't have that feature included. I really dig the distortion of it, so an extra distortion pedal won't really be needed right now. Still was toying with the thought of getting a fuzz factory or other effect pedals, like the bluebox for example. What do you think of those is worth the money, or are there even better options available?

All in all I don't really want to spend a grand since I'm planning on getting a new guitar at some point during the next few months too. So options around 100 bucks would be great!

Well, there are a few that I have/am considering getting

EHX Big Muff, second hand they're quite cheap, not a distortion as such but...muff

Blue box is cool

Fulltone Ultimate Octave if you can find a good price one

WHAMMY

and I'm looking at getting a tc electronics delay repeater thing at the moment as well, seems cool

POG

I think you'll have more fun with a delay pedal personally.

Hi everyone... never ventured into KnT before, so hopefully I'm dropping my question in the right thread.

Just bear in mind that I'm very lacking in the technologically side of music (pedals, MIDI etc.), I'm a vocalist and I play a bit of piano, so I've got the theory down pat.

I've given a fair bit of thought to maybe learning to play bass, but of course I have no idea where to start. I don't want to spend too much money of course, but can you recommend anything for a beginner?

Also, does anybody know anything about Matt's piano/keyboard setup during Feeling Good in HAARP? I assume he's using some sort of pedal to get the different sounds just before he starts (You can see his leg bouncing up and down), and I've never seen/heard anything like that before.

Thank you. :happy:

Well, there are a few that I have/am considering getting

EHX Big Muff, second hand they're quite cheap, not a distortion as such but...muff

Blue box is cool

Fulltone Ultimate Octave if you can find a good price one

WHAMMY

and I'm looking at getting a tc electronics delay repeater thing at the moment as well, seems cool

POG

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not sure about getting a Whammy that soon, since they sell for around 200 bucks here, but the Bluebox and Big Muff seem to be good investments. Now the FUO on the other hand, isn't it kinda similar to the Fuzz Factory, just a bit more subtle? At least that's what I got out of the reviews. If so, is it really worth spending 60 bucks extra or aren't there that big differences. In that case I think I'll go with the FF then.

Now about the delay pedal, is the Blackstar HT-Delay good? I know they make good amps, but never used one of their pedals before

Apparently we now have a song in Drop-A which is rather err flappy when using standard 10s. What size string should I put on to improve this but not fuck up the neck/feel when using standard tuning?

(or sell me a cheap 7-string please)

Kev Burton's selling a cheap 7 string... £150 ish I think!

Kev Burton's selling a cheap 7 string... £150 ish I think!

Where?

well my guitarist does it with EB skinny top heavy bottom, it does sound really heavy and he doesn't seem to have too many flap related issues.

Hm I'll have to try that. Sounded fucking massive through a ff and shitty line 6 combo set to crunch :LOL:

could come up with a DI rig, feed it to the PA, stand on the subs, get a DOD Meatbox on the go octave down on a whammy whammy whammy eeeeuuuuuuurrrrrrggggggghghhhyh

uh

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. Kev's 7 string does look good and he said he could fix it up pretty quick, but yeh, unless you're going to be doing loads of it, heavier strings on the bottom would be fine.

Also a hip-shot de-tuner bridge thing might be worth a look although I doubt you could get it to go from E to A

Archived