Bumping for question. I know how to change a whammy setting from the heel/toe/off position using CC in MIDI, but can you do the same to change from one setting to another? If so how?

The stuff said in the manual about the MIDI controls has never helped me... ever.

Anybody still use Guitarport? I've used it for about 10 years and surely there must be something more updated then it out now? It seems Line 6 have abandoned it.

I'm not really interested in recording so I'm not looking for anything too professional and pricey, I've just always used Guitarport and preferred mucking about through the PC rather than having loads of physical equipment in my little flat.

It looks pretty good. Have you run it on a PC? I fancy the package with the pedal but at £140 I might wait till after Christmas.

nah, just my phone. I've been meaning to get the full version though.

There's also guitar rig, but I'm not really familiar with that

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/guitar-rig-kontrol/

$450 though

Bumping for question. I know how to change a whammy setting from the heel/toe/off position using CC in MIDI, but can you do the same to change from one setting to another? If so how?

The stuff said in the manual about the MIDI controls has never helped me... ever.

Nevermind. Went home today and figured it out myself like anyone cared anyways.

I've been considering going the guitar>audio interface>guitar rig>monitors route instead of a valve amp since starting researching it (which to be fair was only today) just seems cheaper (ignoring the cost of GR, but as was mentioned above, there're 'less legal ways') and there's a lot more you can get from GR, but then again true valve toanz can only come from a valve amp, software is just a sim. would be for practice mainly but jamming with other musicians quite likely.

FFS I've been translating my English whammy manual into retard all weekend. All that time wasted

Shame, I could've used a retard version to go next to the actual one in the box. I appreciate the yellow though, really emphasizes your point in the text.

I still have the retard translation on my computer if you want it? It sounds like you asked an adult to help so I thought you wouldn't need it.

I've been considering going the guitar>audio interface>guitar rig>monitors route instead of a valve amp since starting researching it (which to be fair was only today) just seems cheaper (ignoring the cost of GR, but as was mentioned above, there're 'less legal ways') and there's a lot more you can get from GR, but then again true valve toanz can only come from a valve amp, software is just a sim. would be for practice mainly but jamming with other musicians quite likely.

plenty of people are gigging with pods and the like, it's no different to that. No idea if GR is the best software for this though.

I just bought a Fender Blues Jr, it's the first time I've had the chance to play with a tube amp so I don't really know much about them.

I brought it back yesterday because when I got it one of the tubes had been smashed previous to me getting it, and two others were blackened. The guy at the shop replaced them no problem, he said he played it at the shop afterwards and it was all good.

I just got back home and I've checked and 3 of the 5 tubes are blackened again, before I even plugged it in. I played with it shortly and it doesn't sound broken or anything, but I have no reference.

Is this blackening of the tubes normal? I'm inclined to think it means they've blown. They do light up, but they're what I'd describe as "dull", again though, I have no reference so I don't know if my description of "dull" in terms of tube amplifiers is correct.

I just bought a Fender Blues Jr, it's the first time I've had the chance to play with a tube amp so I don't really know much about them.

I brought it back yesterday because when I got it one of the tubes had been smashed previous to me getting it, and two others were blackened. The guy at the shop replaced them no problem, he said he played it at the shop afterwards and it was all good.

I just got back home and I've checked and 3 of the 5 tubes are blackened again, before I even plugged it in. I played with it shortly and it doesn't sound broken or anything, but I have no reference.

Is this blackening of the tubes normal? I'm inclined to think it means they've blown. They do light up, but they're what I'd describe as "dull", again though, I have no reference so I don't know if my description of "dull" in terms of tube amplifiers is correct.

Some tubes do have some black on the glass, but not where it completely covers it.

Which tubes? the smaller (preamp) tubes or the larger (power) tubes?

does it sound distorted at low volumes or weak in general? any strange noises/hum?

and it's normal for some tubes to barely light up. the power tubes should have a glow to them though.

Some tubes do have some black on the glass, but not where it completely covers it.

Which tubes? the smaller (preamp) tubes or the larger (power) tubes?

does it sound distorted at low volumes or weak in general? any strange noises/hum?

and it's normal for some tubes to barely light up. the power tubes should have a glow to them though.

The blackness is only at the top(they're upside-down), about say.. 75% is still see-through.

I think it sounds fine, like it only has a clean channel and it sounds clean and clear although I haven't had a chance to turn it up because it's late. As for hum or strange noises, there is none.

It's the pre-amp ones, the power ones are completely clear.

The blackness is only at the top(they're upside-down), about say.. 75% is still see-through.

I think it sounds fine, like it only has a clean channel and it sounds clean and clear although I haven't had a chance to turn it up because it's late. As for hum or strange noises, there is none.

It's the pre-amp ones, the power ones are completely clear.

If they look like these

http://tubedepot.com/so-el84.html

then that's normal. When they're white or DON'T have that grey/black metallic looking stuff, that's what's bad.

studio maybe?

aloha strat yonks ago?

Aloha strat has Lace sensors (possibly golds), and he is not using telecasters at all.

(Except the one from the New Born videoclip, and one on an old Showbiz performance - I don't think these can be considered as "usage" of SD pickups, nor I think these two telecasters actually had SDs in them.).

Archived