I don't know if this is the right topic to ask it, nut i don't know any other topic where i can ask this.

I'm in a band (guitar player), and when I'm going off the stage, I'd like to play a chord, which makes weird sounds after a few second like Matt does in Stockholm Syndrome, Glastonbury 2004 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTRI81tlgqw, from 8:34 till 9:00). How is he doing that, I think something in his guitar rig?

Not what Matt's doing there, but you could get yourself a Fuzz Probe. The moment when the sustain starts decaying enough for the oscillation to kick in while the fretted notes are still ringing out is awesome, especially as you can change the pitch and feedback depth with your foot in real time. I also have the Fuzz Probe going into a Fuzz Factory so I still have that deep fuzzy sound being held while I get to fuck about with the oscillation separately. It sounds incredible. I'll get a recording done of it at some point.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to pull off Map of the Problematique using an M13 instead of a Digitech Whammy: Is this possible? I am thinking of controlling the M13 through Midi to toggle two effects on and off, one that is the pitch shift up an octave and one pitch shift down an octave. I'm not the most knowledgeable, but would I be able to modify one of the Cubase files floating around to make this work? I have all the Midi information (CC#s) for the M13.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

long shot here but does anyone do SFX for films and such? Had a few questions about the Rode Microphones, any of the shotgun mic's. If anyone has tried any of them? I've ever only used sennheiser shot gun mic's but I am trying to purchase one for myself now and I do not have 2.2k dollars just floating around. Anywho my question is if any of you have used Rodes and think it's a good bargain for the price, or if they are super cheap for a reason. I would go to a local music store and try em out but none of any on display around where I live. And excuse me if I am posting in the wrong plaaaaace.

We use a Rode condenser mic to do vocals and acoustic guitars because they sounded the best on a budget. They have been bulletproof. Not sure about the shotgun mic but I recall our guitarist using a Rode shotgun mic in a hired studio. It didn't make the cut but it sounded okay to my ears anyway for that guitar but don't take my word there.

Perhaps listen to some demos online that compare other microphones.

I'm looking for a tele I once saw.

It was blood red and had an amazing quilt top and glossy finish. No scratch plate, nickel hardware, can't remember what fingerboard but it could be maple or rosewood. Pretty sure it also had front and back binding on the body.

Pretty sure it was a fender but have never seen it on the internet before with doing lots of searching.

Likely made in the early and mid 2000's

Halp.

How many pedals does it take to justify a pedalboard? I've got three.

Even three justifies a GORM

But really, small pedal boards aren't worth the expense unless you need a permanent set up every single time. Are you gigging? If only on the odd occasion, no. Every second or third day I would consider it.

Or you could buy one to fill them up like suggested. ;)

It's an excuse to buy a few more

Perfect >:-)

Even three justifies a GORM

But really, small pedal boards aren't worth the expense unless you need a permanent set up every single time. Are you gigging? If only on the odd occasion, no. Every second or third day I would consider it.

Or you could buy one to fill them up like suggested. ;)

I'm getting together a set of single pedals because the big multi-fx I had is too heavy/expensive to be bring to band practice each time. I don't gig very much (or at all) but its just for the convince of having a smaller pedal set if I do need it.

I have several Rhode mics and they're all very good and reliable. I've not used a shot-gun mic since I was at uni!

Alright, yea here in the Studio everyone kept bitching and moaning about Rodes, but they keep going on and on about Sennheiser and AKG or Gefell yadda yadda but for my personal collection, i do not have that kind of caaaash so bwomp. But thank you for your input

We use a Rode condenser mic to do vocals and acoustic guitars because they sounded the best on a budget. They have been bulletproof. Not sure about the shotgun mic but I recall our guitarist using a Rode shotgun mic in a hired studio. It didn't make the cut but it sounded okay to my ears anyway for that guitar but don't take my word there.

Perhaps listen to some demos online that compare other microphones.

I've tried to listen to some demo's, but I am one to rather play with it myself and hear it from what I've done and I always get skeptical about reading reviews online about them, could be hired people saying the good things cause Rodes mics seem to be split in the middle on love/hate.

But yea Idk if I would use the shotgun on recording guitar if that's what he was using it for.

But thank you for your input on it :) I shall take that into consideration while shopping around.

• 3 weeks later...

I am back with another shotgun mic questionnnnnnnnn. Anyone use the sennheiser k6 series mics? If so, how much do you love them. I found some combos on ebay for cheap but I havn't used the k6 series.

EDIT: nvm I just bought them, if anyone cares to know how they sound I can post a review once I receive them. Got them for super cheap so I couldn't pass up.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a somewhat cheap alternative to a Manson guitar (>$500) -- something with a similar tone and look. Any suggestions? I was thinking an entirely black telecaster but I don't have much knowledge of guitars as far as purchasing goes. Thanks and sorry for being such a kit & tab noob! :awesome:

Well a Manson guitar could be anything as they make whatever the customer asks for, but I guess you mean one like Matt's. Yeah, Yamaha's are pretty good, you could spend the remaining money you have getting an MBK2/Bare knuckle Nailbomb pickup in the bridge (as these have the best all round sound for Muse) and put a Mississipi Queen P90 in the neck, or a sustainer if you have enough money/know how to install it.

Or you could buy a Fender Blacktop tele, which is a bit more expensive but is a better guitar, but then it's less like Matt's shape, and swap out the pickups if you have enough cash.

Archived