If I asked questions like that at work they'd fucking fire me

So not surprisingly, my temper's long since passed its expiry

"no need for that, but thanks for the answers"

"cheers for your response, sorry i'm part of the cancer"

"that was awesome Cheddatom, i'm a total wanker"

Any of the above would have sufficed as a thank-ya

This forum :erm:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes my question may have been pretty 'brainless' to someone like yourself, but perhaps you'd like to meet the fact that people do not know as much as you with a bit less arrogance?

I appreciate the fact you shared your knowledge, but is there really any need to be so obnoxious?

I fail to see how noob is humorous. It's not 2002 any more.

The bolded part is what I effectively said. So I really don't see your problem.

Dude, it's a forum. Chill. You're bound to get made fun of at some point...it builds character.

Group hug. Kunts.

So you guys are rapping over simple questions now?

It may be a simple question but I tell you we ain't restin' cause I tell rappings testin' and some people can't reading messin'.

Plus we like to rhyme, in time its a sign me don't need a mime to mimic the gimmick that is KnT but I guess it hard to see that we just take pee.

So why people be dissin'? I think the points what they're missin' You know we don't be kissin' and making up and breaking up and taking up the problems like 'wheres my pedal?'.

No, we're strong like steel, I hope you like to deal with it cause be are KnT.

Yes I am fully aware that I can't write rap.

Uhh.. Been having a nightmare trying to find 6 in line HAP locking tuners to fit in 11/32" (9mm I believe) tuner holes. Can anyone help? I'm going nuts :(

I'd imagine they only make them in one size? I don't know the measurements, but is the one you're looking for smaller than what they make them in? If it is then just drille your tuning holes bigger? If not bad luck

I'd imagine they only make them in one size? I don't know the measurements, but is the one you're looking for smaller than what they make them in? If it is then just drille your tuning holes bigger? If not bad luck

I've seen schaller ones that needed 13/32" (10mm) tuner holes but I'd like to avoid drilling..

I'm not really experienced and I don't know any trustworthy people who could do it around here. So I was just wondering if anyone knew of a brand that makes them in 11/32".

Other option would be to get non-HAPs and have a string tree I guess

Does anyone know what instrument makes the 'music box-esque twinkling' sound I've heard in quite a few places now? You can hear one at the end of Eternally Missed by Muse - I seem to remember it being some kind of special piano maybe? I've been trying to write this song for a while and I need one of these for the main melody.

Edit: Found it, it's called a Celesta.

This one's for luthiers mainly.

So I got ma shiny new strat in the post, and the courier (Parcelforce but I didn't say that) decided to handle her a bit rough, the pervs.

And here's the result

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7382/dsc00724dc.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1889/dsc00726fb.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8950/dsc00725as.jpg -Damage to one of the tone pots as well so the knob won't stay on :/

So how much compensation is it gonna cost to refinish that? :$

Thanks chums

Yowch! Seriously, how hard is it to get a guitar from one place to another undamaged? How was it sent if you don't mind me asking? Any case or anything? It terrifies me that I'm going to be taking all my stuff half way around the world in a few years! XD

Sorry that I can't answer your price question as I've no idea, but others here will know more...

I know man, no case, but it was caked in bubble wrap and cardboard and they still managed to bust it. Flakes of paintwork fell out of the packaging as I was unwrapping it and I knew that it wasn't good...

I'm just glad she arrived in one piece! :LOL:

assuming this is being paid by someone's insurance - let them screw the price up?

I'm thinking an incredibly dark purple that's almost black. but gives a nice glint when the light hits it ;)

'So the luthier definitely said they'd have to respray it completely and that they only had this colour available?'

I'm going to make Parcelforce suffer for what they've done to a beautiful instrument.

I'm new to the pedals and electronics stuff and today my new Boss DS-1 pedal came in the post.

After an hour and a half of trying i still can't get it to work properly. The 'Check' light (indicates the effect is working) is turning on but there is no sound change whatsoever. When i press the pedal nothing happens also. I'm setting it up as-

Amp -> Pedal -> Guitar

Really confused, can anyone help?

Keep answers as simple as possible please, i'm a noob to this stuff.

try guitar -> (effects in) pedal -> (effects out) amp?

Well, i tried a few different ways. I put the guitar in as normal and then put the pedal through the 'Line Out' in the back of the amp and there was no sound change but i couldn't swap channels.

When i do Amp -> Pedal -> Guitar i get the normal clean sound but when i press the pedal the sound turns off completely :confused:

I have the jacks 'Instrument', 'Insert', 'Footswitch' and 'Line Out', which one are you talking about?

Guitar output -> pedal in

pedal out -> amp: instrument in

Basically what you do is plug it in like normally, but you add something to alter the sound. Be careful with putting it too loud. If you want to be sure the pedal is working, put everything at 12 o'clock, check your guitar works when it's off, turn it on.

Put the guitar into the 'in' on the pedal (the one on the right) and then plug the amp into the 'out' on the pedal (the one on the left). The pedal just plugs into the normal input on your amp.

I know its what SHOULD happen but it isn't. It's doing the normal sound that the amp can make and when i push the pedal down it's just goes extremely quiet and the sound doesn't change no matter what i do.

Archived