Citizen Erased slow section background phaser synth whatever sound. How? Tips? Advice? Anyone? Thanks. :)

I've got Fuzz Factory/Fuzz Probe/Wah Probe/Whammy/Memory Man/Small Stone/Stereo Pulsar/Kaoss Pad to work with. Wouldn't be too hard to get something looping, I'm just not sure exactly how to get the right sound to start with. I'm sure something could be put together with those though. Didn't know if anyone else had got something close already.

The problem with that would be that I want to be able to play the 'piano' bit over it (transposed to guitar obviously), with that playing in the background. I couldn't have the feedback and stuff right up on the Memory Man without affecting that too. I could follow your advice and loop it in the Kaoss Pad or something though? I'll have to do some experimenting though, but I'll give that a try, thanks.

I'm going to redo that muscle museum cover later, but...I'm wondering how Matt is getting the guitar to sound like this exactly? it's the whammy harmonizer +1 octave isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTK60tE3hhs

I think he's running into a slightly distorted amp with the guitar's volume rolled off a bit... but I can't get it to sound like that.

I'm going to redo that muscle museum cover later, but...I'm wondering how Matt is getting the guitar to sound like this exactly? it's the whammy harmonizer +1 octave isn't it?

I think he's running into a slightly distorted amp with the guitar's volume rolled off a bit... but I can't get it to sound like that.

Woah, 3:33 is the Showbiz note :stunned:

That guitar doesn't have the MIDI pick up does it? I think he played it with the Roland thing harmonising during the showbiz tour but that's always been a guess.

I've had quite a few people tell me that Matt looks like me in that video with that hair. I've actually got a photo where I've got purple hair quite similar to that :facepalm:

Also I 'd really like to have a nice, sharp bright tone like he does in that video, I'm not sure if it's my guitar or amp that just seems incapable...I presume guitar

Also I 'd really like to have a nice, sharp bright tone like he does in that video, I'm not sure if it's my guitar or amp that just seems incapable...I presume guitar

Not sure what your settings are, but the main thing is

I just use a two-channel amp, one full on. A lot of people switch between channels for crunch sounds or clean sounds but I tend to stick to one channel 90% of the time, which is volume on full, with the gain really low. You get this really attacking, clean sound which I use quite a lot.

Also use both the neck and bridge pickups. I think he only really started using the bridge pickup on its own when he got the delorean

Buy a DL4, loop what I said, and play over it! :p

Think you're pretty spot on with the DL4 actually. I was messing around with the Tape Echo setting on the KP3 last night and you definitely get the same effect, although I was only messing around and didn't quite get the pitch and tempo right. Sounds cool though.

• 1 month later...

Tab question. for the live invincible played at wembley (HAARP), has anyone ever tabbed the slider intro he plays before he goes into the rest of the slide intro that normally goes with the song? i know sometimes he plays a step down but i havent been able to get exactly close

Archived