I actually tried that on an old one the other day (wouldn't dare do it to one I actually use)

It came off with some naphtha, which as far as I know, is the same as lighter fluid. Having said that, the logo was a bit worn and 'crackly' to begin with, so I don't know if that makes a difference in how easily it comes off

What were the end results like? Leave any marks or was it all fine

It could have been a bit neater.

sId0h0Y.jpg

That's where the logo was, and while it came off, a fair bit of dye also came off and got onto the stitching as well.

As for marks, it did mess up the texture (?) of the strap a bit. You can tell something was there.

It could have been a bit neater.

sId0h0Y.jpg

That's where the logo was, and while it came off, a fair bit of dye also came off and got onto the stitching as well.

As for marks, it did mess up the texture (?) of the strap a bit. You can tell something was there.

Was it where the light's shining on? Seems decent enough, I can't quite see where it was. Might try it then swap the strap around on the ol sxc jazz, next time I see it

Not sure what a fuzz head sounds like, but it's probably the axe fx

The fuzz head doesn't really sound that different from any other fuzz face type pedal, and I'm pretty sure that's what he uses for his KP2 rather than guitar. So I doubt it's that.

It's more than likely a patch on the axe fx. Probably a custom one though

Was it where the light's shining on? Seems decent enough, I can't quite see where it was. Might try it then swap the strap around on the ol sxc jazz, next time I see it

Yeah that's where it was. To be honest, the dye going onto the stitching bothers me more than the damage to the material itself :vomit:

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know how you're soppused to adjust the gotoh hap post heights? I tried putting in the hex key into the hole in the bottom and tried turning it clockwise and counter and nothing happens. the screw or whatever inside it just does not bulge. am I missing something here?

• 2 weeks later...

has Matt been using the whammy DT's octave down + dry setting for a lot of things lately? there's no way he's getting such a bass heavy sound otherwise.

if you listen to this outro of stockholm his tone sounds like it's got the whammy DT's octave down + dry setting on

this same tone is also used for the handler and reapers live, I've always been assuming its just a patch on the axe fx but now that ive done more research it could be the whammy DT's -1 octave + dry setting maybe? can't be harmony octave down since that sounds different.

has Matt been using the whammy DT's octave down + dry setting for a lot of things lately? there's no way he's getting such a bass heavy sound otherwise.

if you listen to this outro of stockholm his tone sounds like it's got the whammy DT's octave down + dry setting on

this same tone is also used for the handler and reapers live, I've always been assuming its just a patch on the axe fx but now that ive done more research it could be the whammy DT's -1 octave + dry setting maybe? can't be harmony octave down since that sounds different.

this is axe fx synth module

• 4 weeks later...

what type of effect is Chris/Matt using for SMBH live ever since T2L tour? It's that sexy electrical sounding octave thing during the choruses. It's extremely noticable on the SMBH rome recording. I always thought it was Matt's guitar being ran through something but going by this

you can clearly hear it's an effect on Chris's bass when Matt is dicking about with the people on stage.

They could both be using the same effect though, because on the Rome recording it's a lot more prominent, since maybe they're using the same effect so it has that nice doubling sound.

this is axe fx synth module

I can confirm that for sure. In another thread someone (possibly you) mentioned that the Grand Omega Boss outro was the synth block. Tried it out on the Axe-Fx and its spot on. I haven't quite got the exact texture, but the behavior of the note/glitchiness due to bending and pitch tracking is exactly the same.

I can confirm that for sure. In another thread someone (possibly you) mentioned that the Grand Omega Boss outro was the synth block. Tried it out on the Axe-Fx and its spot on. I haven't quite got the exact texture, but the behavior of the note/glitchiness due to bending and pitch tracking is exactly the same.

Clips or its a Soldano.

First few notes of the Grand Omega BOOSSSSEEESSS Edit.

Axe fx synth block with square wave both the regular tone and an octave down. Ran it through....the Soldano sim.

I don't know how to embed the soundcloud link so here's the link:

First few notes of the Grand Omega BOOSSSSEEESSS Edit.

Axe fx synth block with square wave both the regular tone and an octave down. Ran it through....the Soldano sim.

I don't know how to embed the soundcloud link so here's the link:

that's sexy

I wonder if it's possible to get that sound out of a pod hd500x

maybe not

Here's the same lick without the synth block. I used the pitch shifter to harmonize one octave down. Then it goes into a big muff, then the VH4 channel 3 amp sim. I actually think it sounds a little better but it doesn't have that little glitchiness to it.

But, if you have a whammy and a big muff you can pull this sound real easily. I'm not all that familiar with the routing on the hd500 but maybe you can do that in there? The fuzz before the pitch shifter changes the overall sound quite a bit.

https://soundcloud.com/dafenz/boss-edit-no-synth

• 1 month later...

I have a Vox AC4C1-12.

Anybody have an opinion for an upgraded speaker that is favourable with the Vox tone / effects that Matt uses (ie fuzz factory, fuzz head, tc dark matter)?

Everyone says Celestion Blue and indeed that's what the high end Vox's use. But I was thinking I might find a greenback >£50.

For reference the stock speaker is Vox VX12 aka Celestion Seventy 80.

The seventy 80 is a very bright, efficient ceramic. I suspect it would sound very harsh with a class-A EL84Se. I'd say that the blues would be a good choice not sure of the green , or a G12H for a darker sound. Bear in mind that the AC4 sounds nothing at all like an AC30, speaker swaps won't get you closer really.

Archived