I THOUGHT IT WAS AMAZING :D:D:D:D :musesign:

it would of been better if i was a l

little bit further but i still enjoyedmyself!

totally didnt expect Unintended, but i though it was great! didnt sit down all the way through just kept dancing and singing very loudley :awesome: eeee! not very good pictures though but some good videos, any links to good photos? :D

Got freaked out when old bellz was shining that handheld laser at the crowd....

recruitment for some resistance army lol.

he looked a little like the demon headmaster if I'm honest :LOL:

Dom on the other hand looked a little gaunt under the eyes, not sure he was perfectly well, seemed to perk up around exogenesis but through the first songs he looked knackered.

I THOUGHT IT WAS AMAZING :D:D:D:D :musesign:

it would of been better if i was a l

little bit further but i still enjoyedmyself!

totally didnt expect Unintended, but i though it was great! didnt sit down all the way through just kept dancing and singing very loudley :awesome: eeee! not very good pictures though but some good videos, any links to good photos? :D

Olly's seem to be the best, which he posted a link to earlier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollyog

:pimp:

Sorry the beginning is a bit blurry/shaky as someone (yet again) got pulled out behind me and it took a while to get the focus back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHJ7LXB3JM

Poor Bells! If he had a sore throat there I was feeling his pain! I think, though this is actually one of the better performances of Unintended. Thanks for posting.

OMG!!!

If you are intending on seeing muse and sitting for the full duration get seats in the very back blocks, in a box or DON'T BOTHER TURNING UP YOU MARDY BAR-STEWARDS!!!!!

MUSEEEEEEE!

I wonder why you think everyone must act the way you like to at a gig. I was there standing last night because that was the only tickets I could get. I am a big Muse fan and have seen them 4 times. This was the worst of all 4 as my enjoyment of Muse was ruined by your 'going for it' type of person, I paid to hear muse but got to hear due to out of tune singing in the sing a long ones from girls around me, chatting and shouting during quieter moments such as untended. I got pushed over and elbowed, stood on etc during the faster, louder stuff and covered in warm beer (or worse who knows) twice.

Now I like muse because they are quality musicians producing quality music but sadly the deeper nuances of matts writing are clearly lost on the majority of thick yobs in the standing area who don't come to listen to music but exhibit all worse aspects of the human condition i.e. selfishness, lack of consideration and no idea of how their behaviour can impact on others enjoyment.

If someone wants to enjoy a gig but not jump around, push others, scream, shout and and not pay any attention to the band then why shouldn't they.

I think a lot of people have forgotten what going to a gig is about. Its the music and watching people you admire perform. I think a lot of the behaviour in the standing part of Sheffield arena last night is a sad reflection of a big part of British society.

:pimp:

Sorry the beginning is a bit blurry/shaky as someone (yet again) got pulled out behind me and it took a while to get the focus back.

Poor Bells! If he had a sore throat there I was feeling his pain! I think, though this is actually one of the better performances of Unintended. Thanks for posting.

Hmm..illustrates my point exactly....who is ruining this performance by shouting all over it? Why on earth have they paid to go to this gig and spent all that effort getting to the front only to ignore matt?

Hmm..illustrates my point exactly....who is ruining this performance by shouting all over it? Why on earth have they paid to go to this gig and spent all that effort getting to the front only to ignore matt?

I don't think there's anything wrong with dancing and singing along, that's all part of the gig experience, and most recording equipment will pick up closer sounds, it's not how it really sounds when you're there, but it is annoying when people talk through the quieter songs.

I'm glad I have a seat anyway, even though I doubt I will spend a lot time sitting on it! Though it will be further away. I don't really think I could cope with being in the Mosh pit. Incidentally I've been told that they make you sit down in the seats at the O2 which I'm not too happy with.

I don't think there's anything wrong with dancing and singing along, that's all part of the gig experience, and most recording equipment will pick up closer sounds, it's not how it really sounds when you're there, but it is annoying when people talk through the quieter songs.

I'm glad I have a seat anyway, even though I doubt I will spend a lot time sitting on it! Though it will be further away. I don't really think I could cope with being in the Mosh pit. Incidentally I've been told that they make you sit down in the seats at the O2 which I'm not too happy with.

Ive been to the O2 about 7/8 times now, and Ive never been told to sit down (not by people who work there anyway). It's the boring fans who sit through the whole gig who will probably moan at you for standing up.

The gig was amazing but i was actually worried for the safety of my mum, my friend and myself during the first few songs.

When we first went in we were like "...where shall we go....?" So we just kinda went in the middle. Then realised that was a stupid idea as that's where it gets the most rough. So we then moved to Chris' side and thought we were gonna be ok. When Muse came on we were still apparently in the mosh pit and had to move to the barrier on the right hand side. We got more room there, had no-one pushing us around and we could see a hell of a lot more clearly. (And also Matt came over to us later to sing TIRO :D)

Only then did we really start to enjoy ourselves. From that point on the gig was fantastic! :D

I'm quite happy to stand in seats. The best compromise really. You can relax inbetween acts, wander off to get a drink without the hassle of fighting to get your place back and then stand and enjoy the gig without being pushed around. It was like that at the Cold play gig at the NIA.

I think they should create a large mosh pit at the back of the auditorium for all the boring fuckers who just want a big scrap.

I really cannot be bothered to go back through many pages trying to find the whole setlist so im just going to ask. What was it

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Guiding Light

7. Hysteria

8. United States of Eurasia

9. Feeling Good

10. Unintended

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Starlight

13. Plug in Baby

14. Time is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

Encore

16. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture

17. Stockholm Syndrome

18. Knights of Cydonia

As per. really :)

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Guiding Light

7. Hysteria

8. United States of Eurasia

9. Feeling Good

10. Unintended

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Starlight

13. Plug in Baby

14. Time is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

Encore

16. Exogenesis Part 1: Overture

17. Stockholm Syndrome

18. Knights of Cydonia

As per. really :)

Well thats shit..

Dunno if anyone talked about this again today as some videos have been posted on YouTube, but is it still possible Matt was not singing for real during Exo - Overture yesterday evening ?

In my opinion, I'd say he was actually singing and not using a recorded track or so...

A "good" link to a vid. It's pretty much the best I could find cause there's actually only 4 vids of Exogenesis Overture :

=>

I wonder why you think everyone must act the way you like to at a gig. I was there standing last night because that was the only tickets I could get. I am a big Muse fan and have seen them 4 times. This was the worst of all 4 as my enjoyment of Muse was ruined by your 'going for it' type of person, I paid to hear muse but got to hear due to out of tune singing in the sing a long ones from girls around me, chatting and shouting during quieter moments such as untended. I got pushed over and elbowed, stood on etc during the faster, louder stuff and covered in warm beer (or worse who knows) twice.

Now I like muse because they are quality musicians producing quality music but sadly the deeper nuances of matts writing are clearly lost on the majority of thick yobs in the standing area who don't come to listen to music but exhibit all worse aspects of the human condition i.e. selfishness, lack of consideration and no idea of how their behaviour can impact on others enjoyment.

If someone wants to enjoy a gig but not jump around, push others, scream, shout and and not pay any attention to the band then why shouldn't they.

I think a lot of people have forgotten what going to a gig is about. Its the music and watching people you admire perform. I think a lot of the behaviour in the standing part of Sheffield arena last night is a sad reflection of a big part of British society.

Im scared :(:(:(

Im only little! Going nowhere near the middle. As far to the side as we can

I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best it could have been, and I can relate totally. Last night I was quite near to the front and was central. Now unfortuantely for me I'm only 5'2" so I didn't have much of a view to start with, but when Uprising kicked in I literally couldn't see anything, and now had no breathing room, it was as if people couldn't see me. Everyone was trying to surge forwards and I was pushed back and forth constantly. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.

But luckily for me, there was a kind gentleman who was standing near me who had noticed I'd started to faint. Thinking fast, he managed to force people away to form a circle around me with his arms, creating a small gap in the crowd for me.

Thanks to him I was able to enjoy the rest of the concert, as people didn't really push me around anymore (probably because they could see me now).

Yes there were the few mosh pits that I skimmed the edge of, and yes there were a selection of people who had decided to force there way further forward (even when there was clearly no room at all), but it was Muse I went to see, and strangely Muse who made me feel better. Amazing what a great song can do for the soul ;)

I just wanted to say this as it seemed that your experience lowered your opinions of soceity, and although I agree there were a lot of moronic fans last night, it's good to know that they're not all bad :)

As for me, I came home with a completely bruised foot, covered in other people's sweat, sneezing with cold from the rain from queueing, a purse that was £53 lighter; and the memory of seeing the best band I could ever imagine seeing in my life.

Look on the bright side, eh?

:D

Dunno if anyone talked about this again today as some videos have been posted on YouTube, but is it still possible Matt was not singing for real during Exo - Overture yesterday evening ?

In my opinion, I'd say he was actually singing and not using a recorded track or so...

A "good" link to a vid. It's pretty much the best I could find cause there's actually only 4 vids of Exogenesis Overture :

=>

I would say that Matt is definitely singing and it looks and sounds amazing so thanks for that!:)

I am sorry but I took this video and I listened to it again and I can't hear anybody shouting over it :erm:

I agree that some people in the standing area where real yobs and were only interested in moshing hard and have no interest in the music or just talk rubbish, however the majority of the people around me where there to enjoy the music and people express and react to music differently.

As much as you personally enjoy sitting back and enjoy taking the music in some people feel compel to respond my jumping to the beat (or the riff) and singalong as well - music is infectious and it's just their way to show their enjoyment and appreciation. As much as they should respect how you react to music you also need to respect theirs even if it's different from yours.

Archived