they're pretty good, aren't they?

Seem good so far, for all the components including delivery it was about £10.45 which is miles better than Maplin or RapidElectronics. Although they don't have many resistor values or potentiometer values which was a bit disappointing.

Righty ho... Sorry mr Vex! ... didnt know before posting...

But... arnt Schematics considered "Art"?...

Dont worry, i wont post any more Vex stuff...its his living at the end of the day...

still making a Fuzz Face tho :awesome:

any ideas for unique mods?

Still need a name for it tho...:happy:

Righty ho... Sorry mr Vex! ... didnt know before posting...

But... arnt Schematics considered "Art"?...

Dont worry, i wont post any more Vex stuff...its his living at the end of the day...

still making a Fuzz Face tho :awesome:

any ideas for unique mods?

Still need a name for it tho...:happy:

Not all the stuff that Zvex has done is unique, just the combination of things and the way they interact. Buy a fuzz face PCB (such as here )

Then add things such as a voltage control (pot attached to the voltage) and a feedback loop (connect two points on the circuit with wires and a control pot to send the amplified signal back through the transistors)

There's loads of other mods for 'faces about and you won't necessarily be treading on Zacks toes

Not all the stuff that Zvex has done is unique, just the combination of things and the way they interact. Buy a fuzz face PCB (such as here )

Then add things such as a voltage control (pot attached to the voltage) and a feedback loop (connect two points on the circuit with wires and a control pot to send the amplified signal back through the transistors)

There's loads of other mods for 'faces about and you won't necessarily be treading on Zacks toes

Sounds like a plan!

the feedback control... can it be any 2 points in the circuit?

thanks!

:awesome:

for the feedback loop, would you connect the input and output tips using a wire? and would you connect lugs two and three and have lug one go to hot input and lug two to go to hot output?

also, how would you wire up the voltage? just connect the positive lead of the battery to a lug on a pot? what value of the pot? any other information would be super!

for the feedback loop, would you connect the input and output tips using a wire? and would you connect lugs two and three and have lug one go to hot input and lug two to go to hot output?

also, how would you wire up the voltage? just connect the positive lead of the battery to a lug on a pot? what value of the pot? any other information would be super!

i was thinking linking before and after clipping stages (transistors + diodes) with the unaffected wave... would that work?

and in response to Teej...

yeah, just have a pot on the inc power from the 9volt battery...

thats all you'll need... or should i say...

"all 'Joule' need"

:LOL::LOL::LOL::ninja:

if it's of any interest, i had these saved from years back...think donbenjy sent them to me

schematic is attached to this post. parts list is...

TMK Parts list:

1x Boardboard

1x point-to-point board (called strip board, on the Rapid site!)

1x 3PDT switch

1x stereo input jack

1x mono output jack

1x Case

1x Green Led (True Bypass)

Power jack.

Battery Snap.

1x Soldering Iron (?)

1x Solder

Circuit

Resistors:

2x 100k

3x 10k

1x 1k

1x 470 R

8. Capacitors:

2x 220pF (3)

3x 0.1uF=100nF (5)

1x 1uF=1000nF(2)

1x Electrolytic 10uF (spares? 4)

9. Potentiometers:

Linear

1x10k (P6)

1x 250k (P2)

1x 500k (P1?)

Log

1x 50k (P3)

1x 250k (P4)

1x 300k (P5)

1x 500k (P1?)

1x TL062 OpAmp (plus spares if cheap)

1x 8 pin IC holder

2x Red LEDS

5 x “Small Switching” silicon diodes

How simple would it be to include a dry mix signal (with a blend knob to control between fully dry -> fully wet ) to either an existing pedal or one which i may DIY as for bass a lot of pedals kill a hella lot of bass freqs?

also, what good UK based sites are there that sell those kits like on BYOC etc? or is it relatively cheap/quick to just order from BYOC?

Looks like it would be cheaper to buy the PCB from them along with getting a schematic, then order the parts for them separately? I might also be more tempted to go for a strip board build too...

anyone got infos on the clean mix knobbage?

Archived