oooh exciting

IMG_1905_zpscf3661b7.jpg

just waiting for the RCA jacks

LEDs seem like more trouble than they're worth for something like this...i labeled everything at least

You'd probably need 4PDT switches for led's also, they aren't too expensive though http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SFS4PDT-LS-p/800-1004.htm

EDIT: Looking at that the middle row on each switch isn't used so you should be fine with those switches, adding LED's would be too hard.

What's up with it?

It might be better to sell as spares/repair and buy a new enclosure. You won't be able to salvage much from the nano.

From what 'very read they only really have a shelf life of about 2 years and one day mine started making weird noises. I changed the battery and all that jazz but eventually it stopped working altogether.

I can salvage the switch, the input jacks, the box and the odd part inside of it. They're basically worthless anyway.

well i bought two PCBs.

first will be a cannon clone (still need to discuss this with Neil), and if I don't screw that up, I'll have the second PCB for something else...but I don't know what.

I don't know how many variations can be built on this PCB to be honest. I wouldn't mind building one of the early triangle ones or whatever they're called, as I've never actually had one of those and not many clones seem to be out there

Honestly I can't figure out why someone wouldn't just buy one since they're pretty damn cheap but pfft, good practice. Might try a reverse-etching on the enclosure.

A friend of mine found the one I now have on my board in their airing cupboard when they moved into a new flat so clearly people are just abandoning them and leaving them all over the place. Can't find a better price than free! Can't remember what mod it was I did to it but it definitely sounds much better now and I use it for a few bits now and again.

Build the second one with switchable diodes, and get some perfboard and make a couple of different tone-stacks, they will have the most impact on the tone of the pedal along with the diodes in series with the caps.

diode switching in a muff does sfa.

diode switching in a RAT, now that's fun!

diode switching in a muff does sfa.

diode switching in a RAT, now that's fun!

I literally cannot put into words how untrue that is. Due to the configuration of the diodes in the muff, they have a huge influence over the clipping threshold and symmetry of the signal.

Compared to a rat, there's a lot more to be gained by switching diodes.

I'm all for diode switching. Personally I think LED's (single or paired) sound nicest in most fuzzes at full gain but you still get your fair share that do nicely. Distortion's are where diodes come more into their element, that I agree with. I can't explain why, that's just what my ears tell me from bread boarding certain effects.

Did someone say DS1?

:kiss:

Pics or its a....

http://diy-fever.com/amps/5-watt-slo/

How cute :)

I've been really interested in messing around with some amp or pedal kits. Can anyone recommend some good resources/books on analog pedals? People who build and design pedals, how do you find out what components make a phaser, a boost, reverb, etc etc. What parts contribute to what sound and whatnot. Its all very interesting to me :happy:

I can't give too much detail while I'm on a break at work but for a site that I truly love for its detail in descriptions of how pedals work: http://geofex.com/ . You might need to be a bit savvy in looking around there to find your answers to how things work.

Personally, I would look up sites such as Beavis Audio, Homewrecker, Tonepad, General Guitar Gadgets for more DIY orientated builds. Some sites stock PCBs and kits for beginners.

A brilliant site for sourcing pedal parts is Small Bear Elec. You can always depend on Mouser and co to also help with parts

Archived