So there are loads of mods out there but only some are worth mentioning... :awesome:

post your (un)worthy guitar/fx mods here, preferably with schematics, purpose and other relevant things, or reason why they suck!

there's actually a tonne of mods cropping up around the ol interweb for behringer pedals to make them top notch. apparently they're mighty easy to pull off too.

might mod my marshall jackhammer.

in before kaoss/fuzz factory

i have a mod i maed myself for a DS-1. sounds quite good, but there's no schematic etc..

there actually is a mod for a FF to make the stab work a bit differently. cant remember exactly what it did, but i think all that was needed was to change the jumpers on the stab.

Guest bshuker
Inb4 mods think its about board mods and lock it without even reading it

Good call.

Also, I heard if you Mod a Whammy with a Whammy you can Pitch shift while you pitch shift

Also, I heard if you Mod a Whammy with a Whammy you can Pitch shift while you pitch shift

Total myth. saw it on mythbusters once.

Because it has to be said: FUZZ FACTORY INTERNAL MOD

If anything it just makes it more difficult, instead of turning it on and off with your feet (which won't be doing anything, unless you are a guitar playing Michael Flatley) you have to turn it on and off with your hands (which, of course, are busy). It's totally pointless.

Guest bshuker
Total myth. saw it on mythbusters once.

If Adam Savage couldn't bust it, noone can.

+1

i know we can't put up the FF clone schems, but what about isolated mods for the schem?

I've modded SD1s, TR2s, Rats and got a modded DS1. Have looked at doing a couple of mods to my DMM, but couldn't bring myself to do it :$

I believe the current NYC Big Muffs use diodes for the clipping stage, might look at changing them to LEDs, my DS1 has been modded like that (basically, the keeley seeing eye mod) and the difference is more drastic than any other mod you can do, unless it is a feedback loop.

fuzz face schematic:

Fuzz face

Big muff (almost all versions):

Big muff

The legal part:

DO NOT MAKE THESE PEDALS FOR PROFIT! OR A SIZEABLE CHUNK OF THE SAID PROFITS WILL GO TO LOYALTIES

N'joy! :awesome:

Edited by Russell_A

fuzz face schematic:

Fuzz face

Big muff (almost all versions):

Big muff

A Heap of schematics (inc some zvex):

Schematics

The legal part:

DO NOT MAKE THESE PEDALS FOR PROFIT! OR A SIZEABLE CHUNK OF THE SAID PROFITS WILL GO TO LOYALTIES

N'joy! :awesome:

That last one appears to be a German dating site :facepalm:

That last one appears to be a German dating site :facepalm:

pop ups are very annoying i know... :happy:

:awesome:

Edited by crazybobbles

I would recommend going to http://www.diy-fever.com/index.php and downloading the DIY layout creator software, they have a massive library of effects layouts you can download for the software.

Here is the layout for a "WoolyMastodon" that I pulled from the online library, it's for stipboard.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9272/renderr.gif

Edited by Tom!

pop ups are very annoying i know... :happy:

good shit there tho...

[link removed]

i don't think zvex allows his schems on this site... try somewher like www.diystompboxes.com

Edited by crazybobbles

not legally n'eway

he's specifically asked the board admins to actively discourage posting FF schematics here.. i guess the same would apply to the rest of his products (although IIRC he doesnt own the intellectual property of the wooly mammoth schematic?)

you might wanna check with the mods or just edit it out of your post ;)

Well I've just ordered the parts for a "WoolyMastodon", a couple of the values I couldn't find so I've gone as close as possible so that may have a little impact on the sound. Still for £10 instead of £200+ I can't complain. I'll post sound clips in a few day's once it's been assembled.