Hullabaloo DVD

idealist

Guest Puppetmaster

1) That's pedantry which makes you look even worse

2) You're wrong, it's 'Each to their own', if you're talking about the actual phrase itself. Regardless, each version is syntactically correct, so this observation is rendered even more pointless

That's not at all pedantic. It would be if I added a detailed explanation of why what they wrote is incorrect and said that they must spell it the right way from now on.

Yeah but...*considers googling* *decides against it* but saying "each to their own" slightly changes the phrase. It makes it sound like the shorter version of "each is entitled to their own opinion." What does syntax have to do with anything in this case? Doesn't seem like a syntactical difference.

Guest Puppetmaster
Cause bad mouthing retards like you is infinetly more entertaining than researching blood or whatever the fuck it is the cock end does.

It's infinitely.

That's not at all pedantic. It would be if I added a detailed explanation of why what they wrote is incorrect and said that they must spell it the right way from now on.

Yeah but...*considers googling* *decides against it* but saying "each to their own" slightly changes the phrase. It makes it sound like the shorter version of "each is entitled to their own opinion." What does syntax have to do with anything in this case? Doesn't seem like a syntactical difference.

Ahem

1) Pedantry is picking at little tiny things that needn't be picked out, which you did. What does commenting on the way the person who wrote 'Each to their own' organised their syntax add to the topic?

2) I already Googled it, I was right.

3) 'Each to their own' does not change the phrase. 'To each,( : ) their own' is just another organisation of syntax to mean the same thing, but more archaic. For example, 'For you: a burgoh' is the same as 'A burger for you'.

4) Syntax has everything to do with it considering you were complaining about the person's syntax.

5) Even if the relevance syntax has to this topic was debatable, it would have more relevance than your pedantry in the first place.

Guest Puppetmaster

Here's a thought. I've spotted an interesting parallel. :eek: Jim's assertion that Absolution Tour is superior to Hullabaloo parallels some people's belief that Absolution is superior to OoS. Now, what to make of all this?!? *is thoughtful*

Guest Puppetmaster
Ahem

1) Pedantry is picking at little tiny things that needn't be picked out, which you did. What does commenting on the way the person who wrote 'Each to their own' organised their syntax add to the topic?

2) I already Googled it, I was right.

3) 'Each to their own' does not change the phrase. 'To each,(:) their own' is just another organisation of syntax to mean the same thing, but more archaic. For example, 'For you: a burgoh' is the same as 'A burger for you'.

4) Syntax has everything to do with it considering you were complaining about the person's syntax.

5) Even if the relevance syntax has to this topic was debatable, it would have more relevance than your pedantry in the first place.

I'm badly urged to respond to each of these points but I think that'd earn me my first ever ban. Hm, maybe I should respond. I will a bit later.

Here's a thought. I've spotted an interesting parallel. :eek: Jim's assertion that Absolution Tour is superior to Hullabaloo parallels some people's belief that Absolution is superior to OoS. Now, what to make of all this?!? *is thoughtful*

'?!?' is wrong

'Is' should have a capital letter

I'm badly urged to respond to each of these points but I think that'd earn me my first ever ban. Hm, maybe I should respond. I will a bit later.

That's right love, you eat your beans and let it worry you no more.

Baked-beans.jpg

Guest Puppetmaster
'?!?' is wrong

'Is' should have a capital letter

You've outdone me. Do you give out free tips? Do you have a mailing list? I wanna join!

Guest Puppetmaster
'Beg pardon' is an imperative instructing me to beg pardon. You've assigned the imperative to the second person instead of the first.

!..

Guest Puppetmaster
Yes love.

Bleh, I thought you were a girl, BOD. :LOL: I can see now why people thought I was you when I first started posting here.

Guest Puppetmaster
They thought you were me?!

Were you a twat?

Not intentionally, no. Good god, Johnny, if I'm ever in Manchester can I stop by and find out if we're on the same er, frequency? I have nice hair.

Archived