Unintended or Invincible?

queen_of_chaos

Which quiet muse song do you like best?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Which quiet muse song do you like best?

• Unintended
    • Invincible
    • They both suck

From a lyrics perspective I found FAWY their most accomplished "quiet" song... :happy:

It always makes me stop whatever I'm doing so I can just listen to the words...

Technically speaking FAWY gets loud in the chorus. Actually Unintended would be their only quiet song all the way through - kinda boring. What Muse is known for is how the songs build and build all the way through. That is their calling card.

Technically speaking FAWY gets loud in the chorus. Actually Unintended would be their only quiet song all the way through - kinda boring. What Muse is known for is how the songs build and build all the way through. That is their calling card.

I agree, hence the inverted commas around the word quiet... however the building up at the chorus is less climactic than in other muse songs... Alongside to that Matt's voice remains quite even during the all song (no belting out, screaming, wailing, etc... just a bit more power and emotion applied to it here and there).

So based on their other build up songs I consider FAWY "quiet"... and much better than Unintended or Invincible (but that's just my personal opinion!! ;))

to be honest this thread sucks, both songs are from both different end of muse's career, i think most people like invincible, it isnt boring it spans from the marching snare drum to a bloody awesome guitar solo, in fact invincible was written and recorded within a day or so.

It's a bit unfair to say that, considering, you start some pretty bad threads too. Even though we all do.....you sort of do it to a higher freqency. However, you're right about them having their differences!

Anyway.....Both songs are pretty good :)

I'd say Unintended would be better :)

Surely Invinsible gets it hands down! It's got such an innovative and bloody amazing guitar solo as well as beautiful lyrics that can apply to so many things that anyone who listens to it will be in a situation were they apply, be it racial discrimination, religious beliefs or even your own struggles in the world of music.

Brilliant! :D

It's a bit unfair to say that, considering, you start some pretty bad threads too. Even though we all do.....you sort of do it to a higher freqency. However, you're right about them having their differences!

Anyway.....Both songs are pretty good :)

I'd say Unintended would be better :)

aw you kicked him right in the balls.

I'm not too keen on the verses on Invincible, they could've done something more than just "dum, dum, dum.. *repeat*" as I think a great song is wasted because of it. For a short while as I was getting into Muse, Unintended was my favourite song, so that's what I voted. But where's Shine Acoustic or Blackout in all of this?

ooohhh hard choice, saying quietest songs was big mistake tho

I think I'll go with invincible for the sheer joy of playing it on guitar (though I'm yet to fork out the $500 AUS for a digitec whammy, and I don't even know if that's what I need to play the solo [which I haven't completely got but am getting there])

• 2 months later...

Archived