Lol tell me about it, a good friend of mine was doing a gig in Norwich a few weeks ago. Even offered to pay for train fairs etc. I just couldn't be fucked. But if I'd of had a working car I'd of been there heh.

Do some gigs in Brighton you cunt! I can't be bothered to go down to London if I have to get a train!

Hah not quite, but I am doing a shit load of studying, and spending far too much time with the cock nugget that is the second guitarist in the band. I start BIMM on the third week of September so I'm getting as much music theory down as I can, as well as working. Haven't been able to go on a proper binge in quite some time.

I'm fucking sick of the band-wagon mentality surrounding the sound of this album. It's the best sounding Metallica album. It sounds better than everything they've done before. Less compression overall would have been better, but it still sounds fucking good and before any of you morons without whammies say "bbbbbut it's distorted" IT'S A METAL ALBUM and it does not cause "distortion on your HiFi" unless it's a peice of shit.

excuse me, bandwagon mentality? am I not allowed to trust my own ears now? if you listen to the mix from the cd and then listen to the mix that they used for guitar hero the difference is like night and day.

excuse me, bandwagon mentality? am I not allowed to trust my own ears now? if you listen to the mix from the cd and then listen to the mix that they used for guitar hero the difference is like night and day.

Yes, the two different MASTERS are very different. That has nothing to do with whether or not the master is "distorted" as everyone claims (it's not) and the original master is still a good sounding album. The guitar hero master sounds better, but the original sounds good.

I don't even like metallica!

Yes, the two different MASTERS are very different. That has nothing to do with whether or not the master is "distorted" as everyone claims (it's not) and the original master is still a good sounding album. The guitar hero master sounds better, but the original sounds good.

I don't even like metallica!

yuck man, the original dosn't sound good, the snare is painful to listen to, i havnt even heard the guitar hero version, the album is crap ANYWAY theyve lost it man.

yuck man, the original dosn't sound good, the snare is painful to listen to, i havnt even heard the guitar hero version, the album is crap ANYWAY theyve lost it man.

It's a massive, aggressive drum sound. Each to their own, express your opinion etc fine. I just get very annoyed when people tell me "It's full of digital clipping" or "it distorts your stereo" which are both factual statements, and both entirely erronneous.

It's a massive, aggressive drum sound. Each to their own, express your opinion etc fine. I just get very annoyed when people tell me "It's full of digital clipping" or "it distorts your stereo" which are both factual statements, and both entirely erronneous.

agreed. i mean obv they wanted it to sound like that, metallica aint gna take no shit and release crap that they think sounds like shit.

i just don't like it, however i loved st.anger ! , like you say, each to their own i guess haha

yeh, like for me St Anger is unlistenable, so mushy, and the snare goes from shit to absolutely appauling as the album progresses. The arrangement on that album is also utter toss.

I've only listened to death magnetic 2 or 3 times, just to compare the two versions and hear what people were going on about. I reckon it's a better album. Having said that, the only metallica albums I would ever choose to put on are load and reload, which is apparently blasphemous in proper fan-boy circles.

yeh, like for me St Anger is unlistenable, so mushy, and the snare goes from shit to absolutely appauling as the album progresses. The arrangement on that album is also utter toss.

I've only listened to death magnetic 2 or 3 times, just to compare the two versions and hear what people were going on about. I reckon it's a better album. Having said that, the only metallica albums I would ever choose to put on are load and reload, which is apparently blasphemous in proper fan-boy circles.

you my sir, are an abosulute diamond !

metallcia fans know shit, load and reload are the bands best works ever !!

i have the same opinion! NO NO MASTER OFP UPEPTS IS TEH BEST.. 20 years ago or whatever maybe, its boring now

metallcia fans know shit

That's the logical conclusion :p

It's weird that they just responded to their fans' criticisms by trying to re-produce the same old shit instead of following the natural (and good) direction they started taking with load.

ugh, imo death magnetic is mastered way too loud

It is mastered too loud, but if you stick it on a CD player, and then play MOP or AJFA or whatever, it's just 1000000000000 times better sounding. It sounds loads better than St Anger as well IMHO. Just because the master is pretty bad, doesn't mean every aspect of it sounds awful, although I can see why some people find it unlistenable, I personally don't. (not that i'd turn it up very loud!).

It is mastered too loud, but if you stick it on a CD player, and then play MOP or AJFA or whatever, it's just 1000000000000 times better sounding. It sounds loads better than St Anger as well IMHO. Just because the master is pretty bad, doesn't mean every aspect of it sounds awful, although I can see why some people find it unlistenable, I personally don't. (not that i'd turn it up very loud!).

yes, if we disregard the lack of dynamic range and its loudness it sounds better, it was recorded with better sounding gear (though some might get on teh analogues)

yes, if we disregard the lack of dynamic range and its loudness it sounds better, it was recorded with better sounding gear (though some might get on teh analogues)

Yeh, it is a really big aspect to overlook, but I find as long as it's not too loud (CD player volume) then it works for me. It's like Californication - load of people hate it, but I LOVE the sound of that album, I just don't turn it up to 10.

Yeh, it is a really big aspect to overlook, but I find as long as it's not too loud (CD player volume) then it works for me. It's like Californication - load of people hate it, but I LOVE the sound of that album, I just don't turn it up to 10.

ah, ive got a problem with that album if im listening on a decent pair of speakers. there's so much high frequency distortion

Archived