Just throwing this out there on a hunch but do you rekon matt has a NEW guitar shape coming out hence bringing out the MB1 model, getting asmuch money as possible from it before showing the new guitar to the world in the new tour?

I don't see matt giving up his shape unless he had something better planned.

Just a thought seeing as matt wouldn't of wanted his guitars mass produced.

This was my first thought. Can someone go and take some covert pictures of the huge workshop?

If i had the money, I'd really consider buying one.. But what the hell? £250 for machine heads and knobs? What are you even paying for?

They're custom cast aluminium. They've got to be made especially which isn't cheap, it's not something Hugh makes himself. Also the tuners need modifying to take them, so it's not as simple as just picking up the new ones and throwing them on. I guess it's a hassle he'd rather not have to do, and if he is going to, he wants it to be worth his while.

Intresting just rang up to put a deposit on a alu body guitar but the costings on the guitar havnt been sorted yet. However there gonna come back to me. I was told that the necks arnt built by hugh however there the same quailty as his necks. Also they are what they are you cant change woods neck specs and so on. Also there are no plans for any other colours to be made also finsih so no mirror or chrome models but was told this may change its 100% down to matt what they do and dont do. There are no plans for a new matt shaped guitar.

I'm sure that some of this is Hugh pricing out his pain. If it sucks to do it then its going to cost you more. Besides, no one needs a Matt-o-caster. These are total luxury items, objects of desire not need. Besides, even if we had Matt's entire rig (or anyone else's) rig we still wouldn't sound like him because he's got his own playing style. I went through the same thing with Alex Lifeson and John Petrucci a long while ago. To be brutally honest I liked Matt playing his beat to hell Peavy Wolfgang, his tone was awesome and it looked cool too.

The price of these is scary when you do the conversion rates to US dollars right now. Roughly $5k. I could buy two Suhrs or Tylers for that kind of money. Even if I had the extra money I'd only consider getting one of the bomber replicas if they ever became available. That's still my favorite Manson.

JT

Yeh, I don't really get it. They could have liscensed it out to a bigger company who could do mass produced MB shaped guitars in a range of colours or whatever. It's obviously not purely to make money or they'd have a better business model.

The neck is going to be a strat profile been years since i played a strat. Im kinda giddy bout getting a alu body one just have to see at what they come back at. Also anybody got a alder body guitar ? hows i sound, weight wise also

The neck is going to be a strat profile been years since i played a strat. Im kinda giddy bout getting a alu body one just have to see at what they come back at. Also anybody got a alder body guitar ? hows i sound, weight wise also

strat necks are nice profile wise. the only probably with the alloy is it gets a bit cold sometimes :LOL: i think a lot of fenders are alder bodied.

I'm getting one, just ordered it - Black with X-Y Pad Midi Controller....FUCK YEAH!!! :D

you getting rid of yours ? i keep thinking now would be a good time to sell ? also these guitars could be pulled at anytime. wasnt there plans a few years ago to make a run of the mirror mansons but they were pulled because he didnt think he could put the time and effort needed to get the build quailty he always goes for ?

Archived