hardly mass produced thou, all hand made by one bloke, going to take ages to get a dozen done :stunned:

well im not saying it will happen, but it could get to the stage where their are going to be too much orders for hugh manson to cope with and they might just be sent to a factory and be mass produced. then in a few years be available in any good music store?:LOL:

Oh dude, I am so fucking tempted. :(

But there's so much to consider and a lot going against why I shouldn't get one.

I mean, I'd feel like I couldn't take it anywhere or gig with it because i'd look like such a Matt Bellamy wannabe and I don't want to be/people to think that. People are also going to think I'm a spoilt brat (I'm not at all, it would be out of compensation money).

Also it's a hell of a lot of money to spend on a guitar. But naturally, despite all that, I just wanna fucking buy one quite simply because it's Matt Bellamy's signature guitar.

well im not saying it will happen, but it could get to the stage where their are going to be too much orders for hugh manson to cope with and they might just be sent to a factory and be mass produced. then in a few years be available in any good music store?:LOL:

hah, no self-respecting luthier would ever let that happen! No matter how much money is in it.

I think that alder is, not horrible, but not a great wood choice. It is going to feel pretty light, and when I picture a matto, I picture a heavy, raunchy tone seeping rock machine. Mahogany, something intense.

I may be wrong, maybe these 7-8lb guitars will rock balls. Mental thing for me I guess.

And if Hugh is checking the boards to see reactions, I'm not putting this down at all, I haven't played it, so I'm just going off of personal opinion. All the respect in the world to you!

:happy:

I just hope they make a M1D1 or Bomber signature. Then i'd seriously consider it. But for that amount of money, I'd rather get a Parker Fly. Same build quality (I'm assuming) but without the pointless gimmicky crap such as MIDI screens, glitter paint jobs and Matt Bellamy's name associated with it.

I don't think I'll get one, even though I eventually could (BUY MY DIEZEL FFS)

mainly because...

no use for a sustainer (cranked amps ftw)

no neck pickup

i'd buy it without a kaoss

alder body? i'd prefer ash or mahogany

having said that, they are dead secksee, but...i prefer the overall specs of mine, even though it's not a matt style guitar

correct, mahongany, poplar and i beleve the red glitter is ash (can't remember where i read it)

red glitter is ash for sure. mahogany is my favorite sounding wood though.

also, the first silver manson was mahogany (and metal :LOL:)

i'm gonna get one, not just cos i'm a big muse fan more the fact that it has the kaoss pad/sustainer/kill switch, i'm currently stockin up on elecktro gear and this guitar will suit all that perfect! i'm looking along the lines of prodigy/crystal castles type stuff i wanna do edgy elecktro/rock/dance not bombastic muse style stadium stuff! i'm glad theres finally a guitar out there with the potential for strange sonical landscapes rather than the millionth les paul with a different finish!

Archived