Ah yeah I meant matte black :facepalm: That's what I was thinking - the red looks more like the original Santa. I don't understand why they didn't offer an identical santa paintjob from the start really.

Is that the one that was #ForSale on the guitar works website? It is nice though :)

:yesey:

I don't really have a preference in this case, but the single coil one does sound and work better for some reason.

This single coil pickup comes with FSK-401 really sounds like a humbucker with very low noise but keeping a smooth and creamy tone. I thought the neck pickup in a sustainer kit wouldn't be that good compare to stuffs like SD 59 cause it may compromise in somewhere for the best sustain effect, but it really does a great job far beyond my expectation. Maybe that is the power of wood. Never bought such an instrument using the highest grade materials until this masterpiece.

Playing MB feels like a Gibson les paul with unbelievable sustain and clearer distortion. :facemelt:

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm not very active at all at the moment, but I have an issue with my MB-1 and I thought some of you guys might know what to do best.

While the guitar still plays fantastic, since some time now the pickup selector/switch has started to act up. Whenever I pull it up to select the Sustainer pick-up rather than the bridge pickup (while the Sustainer itself is turned off of course) , the signal cuts away and I just hear a hum or nothing at all. Almost as if the wiring somewhere hasn't been done properly. Do you guys think this sort of issue can be investigated by a local luthier whom I trust, or do you really recommend sending it to Manson's? I kind of don't want to do the latter actually, as the shipping alone will cost me lots.

Also I was wondering whether this is a common problem? Seems weird that such a high-end product can contain such a simple defect.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm not very active at all at the moment, but I have an issue with my MB-1 and I thought some of you guys might know what to do best.

While the guitar still plays fantastic, since some time now the pickup selector/switch has started to act up. Whenever I pull it up to select the Sustainer pick-up rather than the bridge pickup (while the Sustainer itself is turned off of course) , the signal cuts away and I just hear a hum or nothing at all. Almost as if the wiring somewhere hasn't been done properly. Do you guys think this sort of issue can be investigated by a local luthier whom I trust, or do you really recommend sending it to Manson's? I kind of don't want to do the latter actually, as the shipping alone will cost me lots.

Also I was wondering whether this is a common problem? Seems weird that such a high-end product can contain such a simple defect.

Thanks!

Sounds like the pickup selector has died and unfortunately even the best made three way selector switches seem to fail far too often. If that's all it is and it sounds like it's that any luthier should be able to fix it :D

Sounds like the pickup selector has died and unfortunately even the best made three way selector switches seem to fail far too often. If that's all it is and it sounds like it's that any luthier should be able to fix it :D

The Switchcraft Gibson style switches all get this way sooner or later, the sealed new style ones go out more frequently in my experience. Any tech can get it going for you with some contact cleaner and a few seconds of attention. Have him clean the pots for you while he's got the cover off.

The Switchcraft Gibson style switches all get this way sooner or later, the sealed new style ones go out more frequently in my experience. Any tech can get it going for you with some contact cleaner and a few seconds of attention. Have him clean the pots for you while he's got the cover off.

Thank you both, I'll soon pay the local guitar guy a visit then. :)

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Thanks!

Try this:

I used it recently for the exact same problem on a couple of guitars that I hadn't used for a couple of years. It solved the problem for me. Hope it works for you too. You can get switch spray from Maplins amongst other places

Hi all,

Thanks!

Keep in mind I have no idea on the wiring of the Fernandes Sustainer (as opposed to sustainiac), but did you check the battery?

Keep in mind I have no idea on the wiring of the Fernandes Sustainer (as opposed to sustainiac), but did you check the battery?

I replaced the battery recently and the problem's still there, so it's probably to do with the switch itself, not the sustainer. Also the sustainer still works equally well as always. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Try this:

I used it recently for the exact same problem on a couple of guitars that I hadn't used for a couple of years. It solved the problem for me. Hope it works for you too. You can get switch spray from Maplins amongst other places

Oh, I only just saw your post. I might try that, thank you!

• 2 months later...

It's been a very long time since i've signed in here but seeing Muse in Manchester last friday has made me want an MB-1 again after i missed out on one before. I sent an email to the works today to see when there might be another batch announced but no reply yet, does anybody have an info about when it might be and what models will be available since they aren't on the works website anymore? I know they have to finish this years DL's so how long until they're completed?

• 1 month later...

Archived