Yep.

Black piece of paper, black knobs, and black saddles - it's not revolutionary! I don't know what people were expecting though! :rolleyes:

Well it was still going to be an MB-1, so they couldn't change THAT much I guess. I do wonder if the black custom hardware this has is an option on the standard MB-1s though

And yeah, here's what they said in the email that was sent out (I requested to be notified for all new product releases :$ )

Please note on the red glitter we can't add extra glitter or do an exact "Santa" replica (that's Matt's actual guitar) because we insist on those remaining exclusive to the artist.

Yeah, this was the similar comment on the third run.

Also, on the red glitter we can't add extra glitter or

do an exact "Santa" replica (that's Matt's actual guitar) because we

insist on those remaining a bit special. You would too if you'd won a

Grammy.

Apparently they use the same amount of glitter on all of them, it just depends where most of it comes out as to how distinctive it looks I guess. We seemed to get pretty lucky on the third run though.

Apparently they use the same amount of glitter on all of them, it just depends where most of it comes out as to how distinctive it looks I guess. We seemed to get pretty lucky on the third run though.

But what about the headstock on mine? that seems to have an unusual amount, but I haven't seen many of the red ones from that run (only Matt's, but there aren't really any detailed pictures or anything)

But what about the headstock on mine? that seems to have an unusual amount, but I haven't seen many of the red ones from that run (only Matt's, but there aren't really any detailed pictures or anything)

Yeah, your headstock did seem to have a lot on it. I meant for each run though, supposedly they put the same amount of glitter for each guitar, and then it just depends where it ends up. Was it yours that also seemed to have more on the back than than the front?

Yeah, your headstock did seem to have a lot on it. I meant for each run though, supposedly they put the same amount of glitter for each guitar, and then it just depends where it ends up. Was it yours that also seemed to have more on the back than than the front?

Yeah a little, but it's not a massive difference.

And I get what you mean, but it's a bit weird as it seems there is a pattern (like the original red glitter), so I imagine there is some control over it

Well, yeah, but I just mean if they have the same amount of glitter for each one, it's going to be a bit different on each where the most comes out, even if they're trying to do a general pattern. I don't know exactly how they do it though. The only place mine doesn't have much is the forearm contour which works well as obviously you can't see it when I'm playing, haha!

1299947014334.jpg

That's the image they gave us (with disclaimer) for the first run before any guitars were built

No idea what the MB-1Ss will look like, but I imagine they'll have more than the first batch, so rust_relic can't complain at least :p

• 4 weeks later...

Archived