they don't really have a way themselves to vacuum the carbon on so it's all slab like.

That's what I was told for mine, but what about this?

800px-Carbonfibre2.jpg

Can't tell if it has a back contour or not.

Also, anyone besides rust_relic and aerotec getting an MB-1S?

:)

Doesn't look like it. Even without looking at the picture, I'd doubt it anyway. Easier said than done.

Yeah I think you're right. It definitely has the forearm contour though.

I can't remember if I specified a back contour for the one I ordered last spring...the one in the picture above doesn't look too weird without it though

front and back contours > slab > back contour only > front contour only

As far as looks go.

Yeah I think you're right. It definitely has the forearm contour though.

I can't remember if I specified a back contour for the one I ordered last spring...the one in the picture above doesn't look too weird without it though

slab > everything else

As far as looks go.

Fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone after one this run, and when should the emails for deposits go out? I'm still on the list (couldn't get the money in time the last run) so if I'm lucky enough to be offered one again this year I'll most likely be getting one.

I'll hold off getting an MB-2 inspired Carbonita custom for at least another year I think.

Anyone after one this run, and when should the emails for deposits go out? I'm still on the list (couldn't get the money in time the last run) so if I'm lucky enough to be offered one again this year I'll most likely be getting one.

I'll hold off getting an MB-2 inspired Carbonita custom for at least another year I think.

No idea, but I doubt they'll announce another run this year. The current batch is supposed to be done around september apparently, so probably early next year.

More importantly, what color would you desire? red glitter or matt black?

Do you need to pay the despot as soon as you join the list?

Nah the list is just so you're notified when they go on sale. If you manage to be one of the first 25 to email back saying you want one, THEN you send your deposit

Or at least I think that's how it works. It was much easier and less nerve-racking a few years ago!

No idea, but I doubt they'll announce another run this year. The current batch is supposed to be done around september apparently, so probably early next year.

More importantly, what color would you desire? red glitter or matt black?

The system kind of confuses me :ninja: That's a shame though, looks like it'll be quite a while then.

I'd most likely go for black for bit of variation since I've got the red MA-2. I think black generally suits the MB-1 better.

The system kind of confuses me :ninja: That's a shame though, looks like it'll be quite a while then.

I'd most likely go for black for bit of variation since I've got the red MA-2. I think black generally suits the MB-1 better.

Nothing to be confused about. Just monitor your email 24 hours a day and be quick.

When I ordered mine in 2010, I just casually called up asking some questions about them (I was also considering a custom build at the time), and they reserved one for me. I know it was a bit different with Olly though!

It was different though, as they didn't sell out for four days. Which seemed really fast compared to the 1st run which didn't sell it for months.

and yeah that makes sense. Only thing is that the black finish doesn't seem to age as well... a bit nervous about how the MB-2 will look in a few years :\

I had a read through my MB-1 emails and the one with info about how it all works so it's starting to make sense now. The email offering me the chance to make a deposit for one came September 9th so I assumed my next opportunity would be September again this year.

I think they pick people to sell to now, rather than first come first serve, since I put my name down for one just 3 months before receiving the email.

It would be great if they offered other finishes like mirror, carbon or gloss black. Is the finish on the MB-2 any different to the black MB-1's?

Everyone on the lists gets the email I assume. First to respond get the guitars.

Yeah that could be right actually :ninja: I better be quick when I receive the email then. They all went in about 3 days last time.

Yes. Yes it is.

Kind of a bumpy texture isn't it? At least I think I recall the proto being like that.

Ah yeah you could be right about that, I checked the dates of the emails and the MB-1s production notification email went out the 9th, I replied the 10th saying I'd have to pass on that run, Adrian replied the 11th saying it was sold out subject to one or two confirmations, so I read that wrong :ninja:

Jheez 16 hours is crazy, there must be a few hundred people on that list :(

Archived