Still how I feel about it. The single coils look odd to me. Good to give people the option though.

I don't know which I prefer, but I prefer the sound of the single coil sustainer. It also seems a bit more powerful for some reason.

And it's not really an option though, since the original spec isn't available anymore.

The humbucker sustainer version is more marx anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LK-iWj6e-Co#t=1988

aghghg :srsb33f:

I wonder if MB1 interest was fading so they tweaked it so all the people who already bought one want to change...

But then they'd have to deal with SO MANY people wanting to trade theirs in for the new version....I considered it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not after what I went through to get one.

...somehow the wait for every other guitar I've ordered after the MB-1 hasn't seemed like a big deal at all.

I'm sure Bs knows what I mean

i'd rather get a MA, maybe with a neck upgrade to some birdseye goodness.

with an ebony fretboard?

+1

Phill, is ebony becoming rare or more expensive? I swear a manufacturer (taylor?) said that a while back, but I don't know if it's true or not.

Back when I was spec'ing out the flame top MA custom, I was told something along the lines of ebony varying in stability from one piece to the next, while rosewood is much more consistent. Still went with ebony because of the baked maple, and it seems fine so far.

Not sure what the reason is, but it should be possible to get a new neck for an MA. I know mauro did.

+1

Phill, is ebony becoming rare or more expensive? I swear a manufacturer (taylor?) said that a while back, but I don't know if it's true or not.

Back when I was spec'ing out the flame top MA custom, I was told something along the lines of ebony varying in stability from one piece to the next, while rosewood is much more consistent. Still went with ebony because of the baked maple, and it seems fine so far.

Not sure what the reason is, but it should be possible to get a new neck for an MA. I know mauro did.

Yes james

+1

I know Taylor doesn't use the pure black ebony anymore simply for ethical reasons. They sent an entire magazine about how they source their wood when I bought my acoustic which was a nice touch.

+1

Yeah I've got no idea. Haven't been looking at sourcing wood for years now :(

I definitely feel like this is how they should've looked from the beginning.

I was considering buying yours when you had it on sale so I could turn it into a gloss black replica...but since it was the relic version, it wouldn't have made sense to buy it and then have all that work done. Sorry it didn't work out lad - you can always order another elliott directly from the elliott man and make it more personal than that one for sale on TGP, and I'm sure the right man will come along someday and give you a transaction you'll never forget.

I know Taylor doesn't use the pure black ebony anymore simply for ethical reasons. They sent an entire magazine about how they source their wood when I bought my acoustic which was a nice touch.

ethical reasons?

Yeah I've got no idea. Haven't been looking at sourcing wood for years now :(

Haven't you said you've got the itch to build something? I don't care if it's a guitar or a floor, but it needs to be built.

I might be sending my MB-1 in to have something checked out. I'm quite tempted to have something like this done...must resist...

100_5810.jpg

maybe with the alloy surround too

:LOL:

I know how you have nothing but praise for the elliott man and his fine handmade instruments, but from how it came across, the transaction could've gone a bit smoother. It seemed rather long for one thing, but I suppose if you're satisfied with the outcome, then all is well.

Did you ever contact that fuqua guy at motor ave? I know how you wanted to deal with him just because of his last name, but let's not get carried away now.

then again...

Belaireside.jpg

From what I understand getting pure ebony isn't difficult, its just a case of the people who have it aren't replanting and therefore world wide stocks could disappear quickly.

Hmm ok then. I know gibson once used ebony fretboards on their cheapest models back in 2003-ish (faded special series), but now they only use them on the most expensive ones like the LP customs...but I'm guessing it's more because it's gibson and they could get themselves in trouble. again.

I know how you have nothing but praise for the elliott man and his fine handmade instruments, but from how it came across, the transaction could've gone a bit smoother. It seemed rather long for one thing, but I suppose if you're satisfied with the outcome, then all is well.

Did you ever contact that fuqua guy at motor ave? I know how you wanted to deal with him just because of his last name, but let's not get carried away now.

then again...

Belaireside.jpg

Nah, I can't fault Andy for anything. He's got more orders than he has time (which is a testament to his greatness), and the only reason it seemed long was because someone unafilliated (on TGP, :face palm:) gave me an out-of-date average wait time. It was about a 10 month total wait, which isn't any longer than Mansons and they have help.

Haven't ended up ordering a MotorAve or speaking with Herr Fuqua.

Yet :ninja:

Has anybody received an e-mail for a MB-1S ?

Were you on the notification list? They were sending more emails out today apparently

Nah, I can't fault Andy for anything. He's got more orders than he has time (which is a testament to his greatness), and the only reason it seemed long was because someone unafilliated (on TGP, :face palm:) gave me an out-of-date average wait time. It was about a 10 month total wait, which isn't any longer than Mansons and they have help.

Haven't ended up ordering a MotorAve or speaking with Herr Fuqua.

Yet :ninja:

Didn't ellliottt man have jason man to help him? I'm guessing not to build the guitars, but he took a picture on his iphone 3G and sent it to you, didn't he?

And apparently it's pretty much Tim doing all the stuff at the works, but someone else helps out with the MAs. Can't imagine the elliott man is busier than he is.

Were you on the notification list? They were sending more emails out today apparently

Didn't ellliottt man have jason man to help him? I'm guessing not to build the guitars, but he took a picture on his iphone 3G and sent it to you, didn't he?

And apparently it's pretty much Tim doing all the stuff at the works, but someone else helps out with the MAs. Can't imagine the elliott man is busier than he is.

it is, Rom helps out on MAs part time.

Yes, I have been on the notification list since December 2011.

On their website they say that the first sales will be going to customers who have been on the list for the last 18 months. So I'm waiting...:)

Fair points. Andy only puts out 40 guitars annually, so I'm sure Manson's have a higher production volume than he does, but there were also a couple of hangups that made my Tonemaster take a little longer. Either way, I'm still looking forward to my next Elliott build, whenever that is...

Archived