Oh cool, you went to some nice places ! But you did not come to the South-West :phu:

South-West = better climate, better food, better landscapes haha

And yeah, it's WORTH the wait ! The sustainer is so much fun :)

Hey, I was young and I went where I was taken, haha! The area around Nice, Eze, Monaco, etc, was gorgeous though. But yeah, never really been south-west or east before I guess.

Agreed, the sustainer is brilliant. Use mine all the time. If I'm using the XY I usually combine something like a tremolo effect with it to and adjust the speed and intensity of it while keeping the note sustained.

Hey, I was young and I went where I was taken, haha! The area around Nice, Eze, Monaco, etc, was gorgeous though. But yeah, never really been south-west or east before I guess.

Agreed, the sustainer is brilliant. Use mine all the time. If I'm using the XY I usually combine something like a tremolo effect with it to and adjust the speed and intensity of it while keeping the note sustained.

Never felt the need for tremolo, especially when you have a kill switch for manual stutters and normal tremolo fx with an expression pedal to control speed or intensity (two pedals for both).

Always thought the xy controller was best for precise pitch shifts and the odd kaosillator synth.

True, but I don't really have space for any more expression pedals, haha! My delay pedal has the option of one too, but I just wouldn't be able to fit it anywhere, and I don't really need it. Obviously would be a cool option though. With the multiple channels for my custom I can do something similar though.

Everything! :LOL:

Haha, okay, let me think...

Amp Channel Footswitch

MIDI Selector/MB-1 Power Box

TC Electronic Polytune

Z.Vex Wah Probe

Z.Vex Fuzz Probe

Z.Vex Fuzz Factory

Digitech Whammy DT

Dickinson D1

Boss Volume Pedal

EHX Freeze

EHX Deluxe Memory Man Tap Tempo

EHX Small Stone

EHX Stereo Pulsar

Korg Kaossilator Pro

Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Boss RC-300 Loop Station

The rest of the space is taken up by cables, power supplies, and other things like slides, spare strings, screwdrivers, and so on, haha! I've kept enough spare space for the GR-55 for whenever the custom's done and that'll be the last thing I get. I'd be hard pushed to fit anything else in if I wanted to, but I don't really need anything else as it is. May have overdone it all slightly, haha!

I have magic feet so it's alright.

Haha, no seriously, I might consider it at some point, but I don't really have much need for one. I've very rarely turning multiple effects on at once, and the ones that I might are all close together so doesn't matter too much. I'll get a picture up when I have the custom and GR-55 though. I've been saying that for most of the last year, but I'm still waiting. :facepalm:

if anyone could benefit from having a nice MIDI rig it would be you BS. I hate my pedalboard having to dart my foot around to hit mutliple switches at the same time. Can't imagine yours!

:rolleyes: You don't even have that many pedals.

MIDI rigs are way more trouble (and money) than they're worth - what you should really be considering is a true-bypass looper.

I have magic feet so it's alright.

Haha, no seriously, I might consider it at some point, but I don't really have much need for one. I've very rarely turning multiple effects on at once, and the ones that I might are all close together so doesn't matter too much. I'll get a picture up when I have the custom and GR-55 though. I've been saying that for most of the last year, but I'm still waiting. :facepalm:

Have you taken tap dancing lessons? I might at some point, but not because I have problems with my pedalboard.

:)

Also, tell me about the GR-55. I have the VG-8, but I might get something a bit newer when I get the guitar to use it with.

MIDI rigs are way more trouble (and money) than they're worth - what you should really be considering is a true-bypass looper.

I know! I'd be a nightmare with a big pedalboard!

/clumsyfeet

and yeah but they're sxc. Can't put a price on sxc

But you can put a price on the gear it takes to achieve sxc. Which is a lot.

GR-55 is a combination of stuff really. Guitar synth options for emulating other instruments and so on, amp modelling, guitar modelling, basically all the old GR and VG stuff put into one big package with improved tracking and better sound dynamics and so on from what I've heard. You can set up 4 separate channels in there on a single patch - 2 guitar synths, 1 guitar/amp modelling option, and your original magnetic signal, all kept separate and you can apply whatever effects you like to each and activate them invidually or however you like. Obviously you're using multiple outputs, you can still have your normal magnetic signal from the guitar going through all your normal effects, so that's 5, and if you've got piezo, that takes it up to 6 separate channels from a single guitar. If you're using guitar based switches, you don't have to just think about using it to activate guitar synths or whatever, you could use it to activate a different guitar or amp sound, or even just to activate a specific effect, harmony, delay, tremolo, pretty much anything you like, doubled up onto your magnetic signal with the wet dry balance at your control as well. Yeah, that's about all I can think of, haha! Tonnes of potential though!

I don't know how you can even say this. They may take a while (< 1hr) to set up but once done that's it. It makes life so much easier and everything is much more flexible using midi.

I don't know how you can even say this. They may take a while (< 1hr) to set up but once done that's it. It makes life so much easier and everything is much more flexible using midi.

It's all fun and games until your MIDI rig malfunctions right before your epic outro riff at wembley 2007

Not saying I wouldn't like one, but it's one of the (few) things I can't justify.

It's all fun and games until your MIDI rig malfunctions right before your epic outro riff at wembley 2007

Not saying I wouldn't like one, but it's one of the (few) things I can't justify.

Really? Surely anything more than 5 guitars seems more eccentric than a MIDI rig?

and yeah but they're sxc. Can't put a price on sxc

But you can put a price on the gear it takes to achieve sxc. Which is a lot.

Trufax. Would love to have one of these in my bedroom:

rack-edge.png

I mean for the average guy with just a few pedals, it's not worth putting together a whole MIDI rig just so it's easier to hit the footswitches :LOL:

In a live environment I'd rather press one button and change a multitude of effects on/off than tap dance on several. It's just easier. I've now even started going as far as programming all the program changes into one reaper project and having that do all the changes for me which even removes the need for a board, admittingly it does remove some flexibility. Having all my effects in one rack just makes life so much easier and the time it takes to take move my entire rig is massively reduced... plug in midi cable... go!

It's definitely incredibly easier and more convenient for programming but for the cost it takes to set one up I'll stick to tap dancing. Loopers and such are at least a lower priced half-way there alternative if you want to cut down of the stomping.

Very tempted to sig that! :LOL:

And yeah, I'm going to agree with the consensus really. Tonnes of potential and if you've got set patterns of effects you need to switch quickly it's a great option, but I really don't need it, particularly for the money it would cost. 90%+ of the stuff I do only uses 2-3 pedals. The rest of it is just for the extra flourishes really. I could probably quite happily gig with my Dickinson D1, Whammy DT, and Deluxe Memory Man, maybe with the Kaoss Pad for MB-1 tremolo stuff. Dickinson D1 and Whammy DT are the real essentials, and most of the other stuff is just for flexibility when I want to use it. Great fun when it all comes together of course.

Archived