have you tried "not even slinky"? They're pretty heavy, I like them.

but you are used to bigass bass strings.

when i changed my strings from 9s to 10s, it took 1-3 months to get back to the same level of playing i used to have with 9s. but now i am stick to 10s because they are sound better playing unplugged which is sadly a really important factor in the uni flat.

have you tried "not even slinky"? They're pretty heavy, I like them.

yeah, those are 12's i think - is that what your guitarist uses? sounds like you tune down a half step, sometimes in drop D?

not sure about using them in standard tuning though. i know my guitar teacher uses 13's in standard, but it sort of ruined his guitar after a few years. can't say i liked how they felt in standard either - i have 12's on one guitar, but that's tuned down to C.

Nice, any difference in how it plays? the guy I brought mine into for a setup said that some of the buzzing was also because it was in drop D, and gave me a d'addario for the 6th string. apparently they're not as...slinky, as the EBs

Haven't played it much yet, it's having a little trouble with the tuning stability :$ But even so, I have noticed that 52 ga. 6th string is reeeeeeeally buzzy...might switch back regular Slinkies and take it in again to have that buzz looked at. What did you say your guy did, fix the pickup height or something?

Haven't played it much yet, it's having a little trouble with the tuning stability :$ But even so, I have noticed that 52 ga. 6th string is reeeeeeeally buzzy...might switch back regular Slinkies and take it in again to have that buzz looked at. What did you say your guy did, fix the pickup height or something?

did you stretch the strings properly?

and yeah, that was where the buzz was the worst on mine. it's not nearly as bad now, but you can still hear it slightly when hitting the strings hard. normal i think.

what the guy did was lower the sustainer. it was something with the sustainer pulling the strings closer to the neck apparently. he showed me as well, because the buzz got a LOT worse when he raised it.

are you in drop D? because that'll add to the buzz.

and did you have it setup with regular slinkys after you got it? the guitar ships from mansons with their own 10-52 strings

DPTP - lol, you massive pussy

i realised that after i restringed the guitar. this was the main reason i started to play my brothers bass on the weekends to get some strength to my fretting hand.

nowadays the only thing i play on the bass is easy funk and disco on a loop while trying really hard not to sound like a guitarist trying to play a bass. (trying to minimizing fret/string buzz and unwanted fretboard trickery and try to pick with fingers)

Last week i played this for like a hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFhdYhE9ko

this was the first time ever my mother was impressed by any guitar related thing since i started playing:LOL:

did you stretch the strings properly?

and yeah, that was where the buzz was the worst on mine. it's not nearly as bad now, but you can still hear it slightly when hitting the strings hard. normal i think.

what the guy did was lower the sustainer. it was something with the sustainer pulling the strings closer to the neck apparently. he showed me as well, because the buzz got a LOT worse when he raised it.

are you in drop D? because that'll add to the buzz.

and did you have it setup with regular slinkys after you got it? the guitar ships from mansons with their own 10-52 strings

Stretch the strings? That might be it as I seem to have no idea what you're talking about...:$

I'll take it back to the shop (they'll be so excited :LOL:) and have it intonated again, come to think it was set up with regular .10 Slinkys...

No in Drop D, though I do it quite a bit...haha looks like I'll need a Glitterati MB-1 now :LOL: juuuust kidding...maybe :ninja:

Stretch the strings? That might be it as I seem to have no idea what you're talking about...:$

I'll take it back to the shop (they'll be so excited :LOL:) and have it intonated again, come to think it was set up with regular .10 Slinkys...

No in Drop D, though I do it quite a bit...haha looks like I'll need a Glitterati MB-1 now :LOL: juuuust kidding...maybe :ninja:

Uh... not sure how to explain it then. There was an article where Tim explained how he does it, but I can't find it.

They all ship with manson brand 10-52 strings, so if you change the gauge, you'll need to re-intonate, and probably adjust the neck relief.

Can someone with a X/Y MB-1 please take a picture of the output jacks on the guitar?

I'm mainly interested in seeing the midi jack.

Here's one Jim posted a while back

Manson2.jpg

Uh... not sure how to explain it then. There was an article where Tim explained how he does it, but I can't find it.

They all ship with manson brand 10-52 strings, so if you change the gauge, you'll need to re-intonate, and probably adjust the neck relief.

Here's one Jim posted a while back

Manson2.jpg

Alright thanks, I'll look around for something about string-stretching :)

Haha my Muse lolz pic? "I haz the Bellz0r geetar and teh Fuzz Faktories LOL XD1!!1!!1!"

hey everyone!! im still selling my manson. its on ebay now. have a look and pass on the message to anyone u think might be interested plaese!! thanx.

heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200543996958&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

OH MY GOD

How did you know?

???!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Please refer to one of the following responses:

Yeah, it fell off a tower. I'm fucking pissed :mad:

It didn't really break. It was a joke because this guy is posting all over knt about his second hand MB-1 which is for sale

:facepalm:

OH MY GOD

How did you know?

Please refer to one of the following responses:

Yeah, it fell off a tower. I'm fucking pissed :mad:

It didn't really break. It was a joke because this guy is posting all over knt about his second hand MB-1 which is for sale

:facepalm:

IT FELL OFF A TOWER?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Did it get caught in your curtains?

:LOL:

Archived