Yeah I use a small interface, I'm stuck with guitar rig whilst at uni....I want my toobz back :(

i have the same uni problem but i don't know anything about interfaces

i don't need any features something like a pod comes with, just a A/D USB adapter to stream my guitar directly into the DAW. i guess there are lot of interfaces existing like this, is there notable differences in quality? what interface do ou guys use?

i have the same uni problem but i don't know anything about interfaces

i don't need any features something like a pod comes with, just a A/D USB adapter to stream my guitar directly into the DAW. i guess there are lot of interfaces existing like this, is there notable differences in quality? what interface do ou guys use?

I use a M-Audio Profire 610.

The difference in quality is the preamps and the A/D D/A converters. RME interfaces are highly regarded, Apogee are as well if you have a Mac, then you get in the really high end stuff which is more studio orientated.

I use the M-Audio because for the price there's nothing necessarily better and I at least get the option of being able to use Pro Tools. It is firewire though.

I use a M-Audio Profire 610.

The difference in quality is the preamps and the A/D D/A converters. RME interfaces are highly regarded, Apogee are as well if you have a Mac, then you get in the really high end stuff which is more studio orientated.

I use the M-Audio because for the price there's nothing necessarily better and I at least get the option of being able to use Pro Tools. It is firewire though.

i just want to hear some OD tones through my headphones, that is all

also i don't really care for their output (D/A) side because i have a pretty good DAC which i got for my Sennheisers in my short lasting "audiophile" outburst.

i think the stuff Tom linked is more suitable for my needs, basically i just need something that sounds a bit better than my MicroCubes headphone output, (horrible tones, i think they just connected the preamp to the headphone out without any cabsim and stuff) and if there is that huge computing power (compared to guitar stuff) unused in my notebook then why not using it.

i just want to hear some OD tones through my headphones, that is all

also i don't really care for their output (D/A) side because i have a pretty good DAC which i got for my Sennheisers in my short lasting "audiophile" outburst.

You don't hear sound in digital, it has to go back into analogue at some point, so D/A matters.

is it possible to use two usb sound device in a DAW? so the output could be my DAC-->Headphone Amp--->Headphone and the input would be one of those interfaces.

It is yes.

Just the majority of interfaces will be designed to output audio as well. Not aware of any budget options for just inputting audio into a computer and something separate for what comes out.

Ah, I just wondered as people were talking about using it separately...Thanks for clearing it up...

Edit:

Just thinking of doing some financial shuffling over the next few weeks to help out with this...Someone mentioned that emails might be sent out in December...Does anyone know if that's going to be towards the start or the end of the month? Things are quite finely balanced at the moment...I'm reasonably confident I could go for it...But it just depends how I go about prioritising other things, which is what's giving me a headache at the moment...Also, does the DL-1 production mean that the MB-1s might not be finished till like Christmas time next year?

Just thinking of doing some financial shuffling over the next few weeks to help out with this...Someone mentioned that emails might be sent out in December...Does anyone know if that's going to be towards the start or the end of the month? Things are quite finely balanced at the moment...I'm reasonably confident I could go for it...But it just depends how I go about prioritising other things, which is what's giving me a headache at the moment...Also, does the DL-1 production mean that the MB-1s might not be finished till like Christmas time next year?

i don't think they said when, and as for when they'll finish, it's hard to say...it depends whether they wait to start it until the end of the DL-1 or not

it's wired that if you switch the sustainer on, it engages the bridge PU, regardless what pickup is selected

this is correct

Archived