Just been looking at the pictures that Olly took of the MB-1s and the DL-1 together at Mansons Guitar Show...Is it me or does the glitter on that one look just a bit crap? I don't know if it's just the picture, but compare it to jimbo's photos and they look almost nothing alike...Hopefully it's just the picture, unless it's one of the originals, which always looked to have less glitter on to my eyes...

Jimbo has a black MB-1 :confused:

It's just the picture, it's REALLY difficult to get the glitter to show since it's a lot finer than the original red glitter.

IMG_0376.jpg

It shows up well in some pictures, and in others, not so much. What you see above really doesn't show most of it.

Ah that's alright then...I never did think the pictures did it justice...Until I saw james90's pictures anyway...They really did blow me away XD Gorgeous little thing...Anyone know if the emails for the MB-1 will still be sent December/January or will they be pushed back because of the DL-1 production?

Gah! Not Jimbo...Sorry...I'm talking to someone on another forum called Jimbo at the same time and my mind overloaded...You know I meant you bbs :p

Ah that's alright then...I never did think the pictures did it justice...Until I saw james90's pictures anyway...They really did blow me away XD Gorgeous little thing...Anyone know if the emails for the MB-1 will still be sent December/January or will they be pushed back because of the DL-1 production?

Gah! Not Jimbo...Sorry...I'm talking to someone on another forum called Jimbo at the same time and my mind overloaded...You know I meant you bbs :p

Jim's been cheating on us? once a john mayer fanboi, always a john mayer fanboi :phu:

And my pictures could be a little better - I'll try to get some that show how much it really has. What you see above has maybe about half the glitter visible :facepalm:

And I assume so - Tim already said they were going to send them out this december didn't they? This was after the DL-1 was announced iirc

Don't take my word for it though, they might want to finish up the DL-1s first.

Haha! I don't think it's the same Jimbo...But then what do I know? :LOL:

And yeah it's alright...I really appreciated your pictures anyway...They might only show half the glitter in any one picture...But because you took pictures from several different angles I was really able to get an idea of what it actually looked like for the first time =)

And cool...I'm up to about £700 at the moment...Should hit £1000 some time in the next month...Just as long as that's before the emails go out XD Keep me updated with anything new people :rolleyes:

I'm off for the night now...Nuh-night :p

anyone else think they wont make any more MB-1's? they mentioned with the DL-1 they like to make the signatures rare and unique so i think it will be 50 MB-1's (complete) and 50 Dl-1's.

after which they may incorperate the Midi pad and sustainer in the Factory models or modded squiers etc

MB-1 page on the website still says email to be added to future runs, and has done since January...I know what you mean though...I wouldn't be surprised if they called it quits at 100 of each maybe...But there's still high demand for the MB-1s at the moment anyway so I'm sure they'll keep making them for now at least...

anyone else think they wont make any more MB-1's? they mentioned with the DL-1 they like to make the signatures rare and unique so i think it will be 50 MB-1's (complete) and 50 Dl-1's.

after which they may incorperate the Midi pad and sustainer in the Factory models or modded squiers etc

that's possible, but i thought Tim mentioned they were going to make an announcement this december or something regarding the MB-1s?

Maybe it's not the announcement that we want to hear.

meaning

"no more signature guitars"

Yeah its pretty sweet, obviously guitar rig strips part of the real sound from it, but it sounds... cant explain it. Just nice :LOL:

Although not sure if theres a huge different in sound between the two pick ups, playing around with the tone and such you can hear the difference but compared to my other guitar its not as clear, more subtle. Not a bad point but works well.

that's through guitar rig

:eek:

shows how crap my notebooks speaker /or how good guitar rig is, i feel ashamed not to recognize software guitar stuff in an instant, once i spent a lot of time on a guitar sound (some acme bar gig head, a cab sim (le pou le cab i think) based on real songs/cabs frq respo, some vintage tube stage EQ VST (the one from Variety Of Sound, every fucking stuff is golden from them and it is free) which adds some extra even order harmonics and stuff, (saturation if i want, phase variations similar to real analogue gear etc) minimal room reverb etc) and i still felt that it only sounded like a real guitar when it was in a mix with drums, on its own i felt something unnatural. (it was still hundreds better than anything i have ever heard from digital/modeling real guitar stuff)

however the clean guitar sound were from a sample pack so maybe using a real guitar with an interface would have gave better results

once I have enough cash I'll be upgrading to a marshall head, looking around atm.

I honestly love guitar rig, right now, I can sculpt the exact sounds I want out of it. I do want to get a full analogue rig up and running again at some point, but I'm enjoying the sounds I get out of GR.

Plus it doesn't mask tone THAT horribly. I find it strange you can't hear much of a diff between your pickups on it? Are we talking about MB1?

On Beth there is an enormous diff between the twangy output of the sus and the pneumatic drill of a bridge pickup..

Archived