heh wont you look at that, I always believed it was pinkpop.

the very first time it was used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50KDnia4p4

I remember seeing the pictures and thinking how it stuck out in such a weird way...with all his other guitars being chrome, mirror, black, silver, etc...then this red glitter thing comes along!

But it became my favorite out of all of them :$ was also one of his better sounding guitars as far as I'm concerned.

I remember seeing the pictures and thinking how it stuck out in such a weird way...with all his other guitars being chrome, mirror, black, silver, etc...then this red glitter thing comes along!

But it became my favorite out of all of them :$ was also one of his better sounding guitars as far as I'm concerned.

It did seem a bit odd when it was unveiled. I've never liked it at all really, can't stand glitter. I took great joy in seeing it get thrown around :D. It does sound bloody good though.

Blackie is still my favourite, it looks a bit of a mess with all those gizmos on it. I'm not sure why but I just love the look of it.

Just wondering about the MB-2 Delorean pic posted the other day...Does that mean, as they've finally managed to build an affordable version of it, that they'll be putting it up for sale with the next run of the MB-1s? Doesn't affect me, as I'll be going down the Red Glitter route anyway...The thought just occured to me though...Does look cool, and it's good to see they've worked out how to make a production model...

It did seem a bit odd when it was unveiled. I've never liked it at all really, can't stand glitter. I took great joy in seeing it get thrown around :D. It does sound bloody good though.

Blackie is still my favourite, it looks a bit of a mess with all those gizmos on it. I'm not sure why but I just love the look of it.

I don't like it, he should have moved on from the Glitterati. Still wondering about that green black one spotted in the Manson Shop.

Blackie is my favourite too by far. It would be the one I would make a replica of (if I was good enough at guitar/had the money), but the MIDI strip would be a bitch to get hold of and install, as would the proximity wah.

And I can never find replicas- searching on here or youtube for 'Black Manson' just gets me loads of Black Kaoss and other ones.

I don't like it, he should have moved on from the Glitterati. Still wondering about that green black one spotted in the Manson Shop.

Blackie is my favourite too by far. It would be the one I would make a replica of (if I was good enough at guitar/had the money), but the MIDI strip would be a bitch to get hold of and install, as would the proximity wah.

And I can never find replicas- searching on here or youtube for 'Black Manson' just gets me loads of Black Kaoss and other ones.

Musecasters has made a replica. There's a thread on here full of pics.

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-signature-guitars-basses/manson-signature-guitars/dl1/

If there is another run of MB-1s it will be after the DL-1 DeLorean :)

nice new avatar - that was from the 2008 guitar show wasn't it?

not sure if he'd remember my guitar if he saw it again!

seems like that guy with the MB-1 on ebay doesn't want to go below £4k

So much for

"All I can say is that this is some guitar and if I dont sell it then I will be more than happy to keep this in my collection as the range of sounds and effects are awesome"

Because that's the third time he's listed it :facepalm: really a shame that it went to someone like that - Matt wanted the serial numbers random so stuff like that wouldn't happen, but it still did...though we all know rust_relic got the first production MB-1, and is worth the most ;)

Exactly, there were probably lots of others wanting to get one. didn't know Hugh was aware of it, but I know two people had told Tim. It definitely would piss me off if someone was trying to sell something I built for twice the price :stunned: but it doesn't look like he'll even get a few hundred more than what he paid

Yeah I overheard someone telling him at the show on Saturday and then he spoke to dad and I about it afterwards.

But yeah, I really don't get how he thinks he can get away for selling it for that much, especially since it's now technically second hand (even though he claims to have never played it). Waste of Hugh and the rest of the Mansons teams time IMO.

(BTW I think I saw Olly at the guitar show on Saturday, Quite tall, glasses, brown hair, red coat and satchel? Not entirely sure if it was you but the face looked familiar. :ninja:)

I saw the MB-1 on ebay...a joke at 4k..but then fair play to him for having the money and the balls to take a punt and buy one..The best thing that could happen now is he gets saddled with it..It was obviously bought purely as an investment so don't bid on it. I recently made a Manson Tribute, I won't say copy because it is not exact but to me embodies the best bits of the design, for our guitarist in Hypermused. We affectionately called it the Madson to pay tribute to a great guitar builder and a mental guitar. When I can pry it out of his hands I wll take some photos of it and post them here..or you can see it in the flesh at any of Hypermused gigs. There are some build photos on our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/hypermused if you are interested.

Glad to hear Hugh knows about the prick on eBay...I hope he hunts him down...He's got all the addresses and bank account details of everyone who ordered one right? :rolleyes:

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-signature-guitars-basses/manson-signature-guitars/dl1/

If there is another run of MB-1s it will be after the DL-1 DeLorean :)

Holy shit that does look nice...Considering the version with the effects built in is the same price as the Red Glitter with Midi though I'll stick to the MB-1...I want my sustainer damn it! But still...Fuck me that's nice...I never thought I'd genuinely see these pictures on the Mansons website offering for people to buy them...That's really brought it home though...Is it me or does the DL-1 look a lot chunkier than the MB-1? Is it meant to be like that? Or is it just the angle of the picture?

2375_2_large.jpg

3104_1_large.jpg

Archived