Crackle manson...

mansoncrackle.jpg

That looks awesome Olly! Thanks for that, pretty much how I imagined it to look aswell. Hmm, I might have a fiddle around in Photoshop during photography to see if I can mock up an E shape bass in that finish tomorrow.

I wonder how a bad chrome job lead to that exactly? It was apparently just that, but then lacquered lightly or something to give it that crackled effect.

Yeah, it's weird that. I would never have thought chrome could do that unless he painted it over in green then black and rubbed the paint back a bit?

I wonder how a bad chrome job lead to that exactly? It was apparently just that, but then lacquered lightly or something to give it that crackled effect.

it will probably have been a reaction between paints. happens sometimes. or it could just have been crackle paint. thats what it looked like to me anyway

also

they won't do anything custom unfortunately, but...

...someone else might. hehe

hey guys, for those of you who have your MB-1s, or are waiting. i had an email from oli today saying that if you want them they have some sustainer labels, i remember having this convo a lil while ago and some of you were interested and some weren't so thought i would bring it up incase any of you do want them! :)

i've seen them, they are exact replicas of the ones Matt's has :D

James, how do you change the colour of the MB-1 to the blue, green etc? I've got photoshop but I wouldn't have a clue how to do it :$

i was using gimp actually, and just editing the hue/saturation/etc of certain colors.

kind of want

edit: disregard the red kitty, red and pink looks like shit together, kitty should be white or black

DO WANT

You can use it as a "normal" guitar too. There are two separate jacks on the side - the MIDI jack for the X-Y pad, and the standard 1/4" jack for the guitar signal.

the kaoss pad (well the KP2 anyway) is fairly easy to use. I've figured out how to use it for the most part. Without a manual even - mine didn't include one.

Yep...I know that...The three main reasons I'm getting it are :

1) I love the look of the thing and always have done...

2) Its reputation as a quality built instrument...

3) The potential that the inbuilt technology offers...

I'm obviously going to use it as my primary "normal" guitar...But as I'm shelling out a few extra hundred quid to have the MIDI pad and then it's going to cost another couple of hundred quid to get the Kaoss Pad or whatever as well...I want to find out what the best options are as I do actually want to use it practically...I've been watching YouTube videos of the KP3 but I'm still a bit unsure about it...Probably because most people there have just been using the internal samples and stuff...Would anyone on here with an MB-1 be willing to do a quick demo of some of the effects and so on...Reading the list of stuff the KP's meant to have on it sounds pretty immense, but I've not managed to find demos of most of them yet...On another note, is there an option on the KP to keep the effect going if you take your finger of it...Like...If you move your finger around and thing "Yeah, I like that"...Is there an option that lets you take your finger off the pad and it will keep the effect going...Or will it always stop automatically?

Yep...I know that...The three main reasons I'm getting it are :

1) I love the look of the thing and always have done...

2) Its reputation as a quality built instrument...

3) The potential that the inbuilt technology offers...

I'm obviously going to use it as my primary "normal" guitar...But as I'm shelling out a few extra hundred quid to have the MIDI pad and then it's going to cost another couple of hundred quid to get the Kaoss Pad or whatever as well...I want to find out what the best options are as I do actually want to use it practically...I've been watching YouTube videos of the KP3 but I'm still a bit unsure about it...Probably because most people there have just been using the internal samples and stuff...Would anyone on here with an MB-1 be willing to do a quick demo of some of the effects and so on...Reading the list of stuff the KP's meant to have on it sounds pretty immense, but I've not managed to find demos of most of them yet...On another note, is there an option on the KP to keep the effect going if you take your finger of it...Like...If you move your finger around and thing "Yeah, I like that"...Is there an option that lets you take your finger off the pad and it will keep the effect going...Or will it always stop automatically?

I'll try to do that later - won't be a video demo though, and it'll be of the KP2.

And there is - the little black button next to the X-Y is a hold switch. I haven't used it yet though.

Oooh cool...I assumed it was an on/off switch...I'll definitely be using that then! :LOL:

That's cool...Cheers...Audio's fine...Like I said, I'm not so bothered about the Kaoss Jam synth sounds...More about how different effects affect the guitar signal and so on...So...Filters, delays, tremolos, phasers, other similar effects...All that kind of thing...Much appreciated :)

Oooh cool...I assumed it was an on/off switch...I'll definitely be using that then! :LOL:

That's cool...Cheers...Audio's fine...Like I said, I'm not so bothered about the Kaoss Jam synth sounds...More about how different effects affect the guitar signal and so on...So...Filters, delays, tremolos, phasers, other similar effects...All that kind of thing...Much appreciated :)

oh nooooo you've put me on the spot...I can't think of what to play

ok, I'll try to get that demo done soon, but to be honest, i haven't really tried using the kaoss/X-Y and guitar at the same time.

still got a lot of other clips to do as well - promised Simno a while back that I'd do one of the starkaster's neck pickup, a comparison of the MBK2'd guitars, etc.

and the over the top new born video, but it's going to be a disappointment after seeing Simno's KoC video.

have I missed something? where did all this chrome talk come from?

There was a picture of a bunch of unfinished MoC shaped guitars at Manson's, and one of them was this dark color with sort of greenish crackle finish. We were told that the odd finish was the result of a botched chrome job.

There was a picture of a bunch of unfinished MoC shaped guitars at Manson's, and one of them was this dark color with sort of greenish crackle finish. We were told that the odd finish was the result of a botched chrome job.

I saw the pic of that dark manson, but this is the first I've heard of it being a botched chrome job? (I still think it looks rather cool)

ok, I'll try to get that demo done soon, but to be honest, i haven't really tried using the kaoss/X-Y and guitar at the same time.

still got a lot of other clips to do as well - promised Simno a while back that I'd do one of the starkaster's neck pickup, a comparison of the MBK2'd guitars, etc.

and the over the top new born video, but it's going to be a disappointment after seeing Simno's KoC video.

New Born FTW, you better be wearing a flamboyantly gay suit too :LOL:

i fucking envy his harmonics in that video, they sound much fatter and louder than my harmonics, i am happy if i could hit one which sounds semi right. maybe that is partially comes from the awesomenes of the BK pu-s.

New Born FTW, you better be wearing a flamboyantly gay suit too :LOL:

i don't own such a thing, but i do have a lab coat somewhere.

nah, dressing like Matt would be taking it one step too far (unless you can pull it off like Simno)

I'd end up looking like that kid on muselive who not only dressed like him, but had red spiky hair, and copied his entire BHAR effects setup...then he found out Matt doesn't use the all access anymore, and bought the liquid foot controller.

Thing is, what happens after you copy his setup? I'm going to TRY to be original and use the kaoss/X-Y in my own music at least. So far, I've only got one song I'm happy with that includes the kaoss.

i fucking envy his harmonics in that video' date=' they sound much fatter and louder than my harmonics, i am happy if i could hit one which sounds semi right. maybe that is partially comes from the awesomenes of the BK pu-s.[/quote']

no idea, maybe he had the sustainer on too. though i find it affects the tone in a negative way.

did you manage to get the pickup yet? maybe it'll improve your harmonics over the stock pickup

did you manage to get the pickup yet? maybe it'll improve your harmonics over the stock pickup

i got it last week but i won't install it until i find out a few more mods to my guitars electronics, i wanna install a few more switches here and there if i will find a place for them in the cavity.

now i have an IronGear RollingMill in the guitar at the bridge position so i am not even sure if swapping them would be an upgrade. I am curious though, that pickup's Harmony Central page is a bit looks like if every review was written by workers of IronGear.:LOL:

Got excited when I saw an email from mansons... alas :LOL:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :LOL: Seeing the little pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "You have received an e-mail from Mansons Guitar Shop" got my heart racing...I need to calm down! Stupid guitar show! :LOL: I sent you a PM by the way Olly.

I'd refuse to get bored of Kaoss pad tomfoolery :D Even if I'm blatantly in denial, I would forever claim its AW3S0EM AND T3H B3ST! :LOL:

Haha...I can see myself using it quite a bit for controlling effects without having to fiddle with my pedals and stuff...Quite looking forward to it of james90's demo comes out how I'm hoping...I even have quite a few songs I play now where I think "this would be so much easier if I had that MIDI pad at my finger tips...And where's my damn sustainer?!" :LOL:

You don't need to actually play a song mate...Just flick the sustainer on and just pick one of the middle strings open...Leave that note ringing...And then just do a demo of the effects I mentioned and any other similar stuff from there...Much appreciated if you can do it...Although I'm not sure I'm going to be online after today until Tuesday...So maybe PM me a link or something if you can do it before then...Thanks dude...

I also agree about the harmonics on Simno's video...I love harmonics and I'm pretty good at them myself...But damn, they sound sexual on that guitar :(

Archived