I've made my maths teacher go check out Muse :awesome:

I was telling my friend about being on the radio to introduce a Muse song, and my teacher came over and asked what we were talking about, and I told her I was on the radio to introduce a song, and she asked what song, and I said the new Muse song and she said she'd look them up on last.fm :D

my bf doesn´t know muse quite much. so i told her that i am going to buy tickets for the concert in munich. and she was like: "hey can i come with u?!" me: "haha, first you have to know every muse lyric by heart"(that was just kidding!) next day she was takin´ my mophone and sending ALL my muse songs to her´s ( what i didn´t realize). then the next day after it, she came into the train and said: "sing for abolution, our time is running out!!!1" me:"whuuut? cool, this was muse !" she:"yeah i know - i know every song by heart now!" me: "WAHAAAAT? sing starlight *she sings* sing new born *she sings* (me going on; her going on) i kissed and hugged her, and now she´s a big muse fan too, but she just likes the music, she thinks they´re all 3 ugly (i hit her) and now wer´re going to the concert together :D

that was so fun :awesome:

my bf doesn´t know muse quite much. so i told her that i am going to buy tickets for the concert in munich. and she was like: "hey can i come with u?!" me: "haha, first you have to know every muse lyric by heart"(that was just kidding!) next day she was takin´ my mophone and sending ALL my muse songs to her´s ( what i didn´t realize). then the next day after it, she came into the train and said: "sing for abolution, our time is running out!!!1" me:"whuuut? cool, this was muse !" she:"yeah i know - i know every song by heart now!" me: "WAHAAAAT? sing starlight *she sings* sing new born *she sings* (me going on; her going on) i kissed and hugged her, and now she´s a big muse fan too, but she just likes the music, she thinks they´re all 3 ugly (i hit her) and now wer´re going to the concert together :D

:eek: She is :awesome:

(listening to Execution Commentary)

My sister (who doesn't like Muse - yes, I could kill her for it): This is rubbish.

Me: No, it's pure genius.

Sister: All it is is him screaming.

Me: Exactly. Nobody else would think of something quite like that.

Exactly:yesey::LOL:

Awesome!! Except she said they were all ugly :LOL:. Wish my friends did Muse related stuff like that.. :(

So I'm gonna be doing Rock Eisteddfod tomorrow (which for those of you who don't know is basically school's competing against each other to tell a story of their choice, with an 8 minute performance/dance, its pretty major in Australia) and so I'm watching videos from last years performances.

There's this one I started watched and half-way through, they start dancing to Supermassive Black Hole :D And then the very next video I watched, MOTP is the dance the school used for the finale part of the performance :D

I thought it was exciting :p Hopefully some other schools tomorrow dance to Muse :happy:

I showed the HAARP DVD to a couple of friends Sunday night.

They are a gay married couple; I'll call them "Burt" and "Ernie" -- sounds naff, but they really are kind of like the Sesame Street muppets, and in IRL they share the same first name, so for clarity's sake and out of respect for their privacy I'm calling them this. They're middle aged and normally don't listen to rock music much, if ever. They're really into lounge, drum & bass, electronica, trance, and acid jazz, and in the holiday season, Christmas music. (Seriously; they've got maybe a hundred CDs of Christmas music. If you've ever wondered who buys that shit, it's them, it's all their fault...) But to be fair, they also have a nice smattering of classical. They're not philistines, after all.

I had to talk up Muse and the HAARP film for weeks before they'd consent to seeing it -- and one of the angles I was playing up was teh sex: "Matt's the reigning NME Sexiest Male, for the second time in three years, fer godssakes, and he's so metrosexual... you'll love him! Or lust for him... whatever! And Dom's really cute too!" In the end, it was my pandering to their prurient interest that finally convinced them to see this. Hey, neither Muse nor Musers have any sense of dignity, right? :D

So, here's some excerpts of their reactions from that night:

[During the "March of the Knights" Tchaikovsky intro, I'm rapidly explaining how Matt bought a so-called jetpack with his signing bonus and had the idea of the band flying into Wembley... and after that was nixed, of bungee-jumping in...]

"Jetpack?!... Seriously?" Followed by a curiously appreciative look at the lads. My friends and I may all be middle-aged farts, but we're old enough to remember how rock stars carried on in the 70's and early 80's, the heyday of bad-boy behavior. Could it be that Muse is re-awakening a long-dormant appreciation for the sort of outrageous, outlandish rock-star antics that were celebrated during our youth?

[Over the last of the intro, I'm frankly acknowledging how fucking bizarre KoC is, what with the 60's surf rock glissandos, the glam rock influence, and the Ennio Morricone-style western bits, and asking they not give up on the band if they don't like this first song, 'cause it's such a one-off.]

So, Matt and his choir of 75,000 are exhorting us to survive, and I hear a "Hmmm..." And Burt shoots me a look, like "what have you gotten us into here? Do you realize how fucking-unlike-our-Everything-But-The-Girl-DJ-remixes this is?" KoC is a tough sell, and they are not sold on this one.

[During SMBH]

"Ooh, I like this one," Burt said. He wasn't being ironic with that "ooh," either. I exhale deeply. I think I was feeling like I was on double-secret probation, or something.

[During MotP]

"So, whaddaya think of Matt, the guitarist, huh?" I ask.

"Hmm... uh, he's not my type."

"WHAT!?" I was thunderstruck. "You don't think he's cute, or sexy...?"

"No. I like the other one," Burt said.

"What, the drummer? Dom?"

"No, the..."

"Chris, the bassist? You like him?"

"Yeah... he's got... the kind of build that I like."

"Well you know, I think his face looks quite a bit like Ernie's."

"[pause] Yeah, you're right. He really does look like him, doesn't he?"

So, Chris, you have a new fan, one with some lust in his heart! :LOL:

[During B&H, I say, "wait 'til the piano part, he's really good on piano, too..."]

"Okay, so where's the piano?" Burt said, exasperated from the rock-guitar-ness of it all.

Two minutes later: "Hey, he's really good!" Burt said. And he meant it.

"What did I tell you?" I said.

[During the "Jimi Jam" intro to TIRO, I'm rapidly explaining what it is and how Matt draws so many comparisons to Jimi, he apparently feels to need to prove it once in a while; besides, all the best guitarists cover Jimi; he's their litmus test...]

"Of course," Ernie said, matter-of-factly. I'm wondering, shit, I wonder if he knows who Stevie Ray Vaughan was, too... will wonders never cease?

[During "New Born"]

"Aaand, the knee slide!" I shout. I couldn't help myself. Ernie looks at me like I'm crazy, which I probably am.

"Oh, come on, you guys... can't you see how he's totally into this... I mean, look at him... his energy, his enthusiasm...? Wait 'til you see the guitar solo..."

Well, it looks like "New Born" isn't going to be one of their favorite tracks, either -- especially after those heavy outro solos kick in. Harrumph.

[During either "Unintended" or "Blackout," probably the latter...]

I am practically biting my lip to not make an obvious crack about this lovely extended camera shot, taken from the rear of the stage, centered squarely on Matt's ass. I'm trying to respect Bert's preference for Chris, but I'm dying. I feel like I'm going to explode -- from hysterics, or an aneurysm, or both. I glance over at the guys, pleadingly... and Burt says,

"He's got a nice ass, I have to admit."

"OMIGOD, I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, of course, how can you not appreciate this? Is that not the perfect ass? And how can you not love Matt? Isn't he gorgeous?"

"Well, I wouldn't kick him out of my bed, but he's not the one I'd pick first, either..."

"Omigod, I give up..."

[During "Stockholm Syndrome"]

Ernie's finally made up his mind. "I like the drummer, but he's so... scruffy, and he looks dirty... He's the cutest one, but he needs to get cleaned up, tidied up... But I can see that he's really cute!"

"Well, he's been drumming for two hours, they all could use a shower," I said, archly.

"I know, I didn't mean that. His hair's too long. He could use a haircut, and... better clothes."

So there you have it. The final score, falsettos and piano chops aside, was Matt -- 0, Chris -- 1, Dom -- 1 (but his scruffy hair and lime-green skinny jeans -- 0), and Muse overall -- maybe a 1. Burt wanted to burn a free copy of the show; I was appalled and told him I couldn't let him do that (I should've said, you can't just have Matt's ass for free); he has to support the band! Dunno if he's motivated enough to ever buy any of their product. Not that they're converted to being rock fans -- not by a long shot -- but I think if they were in a bizarre hypothetical situation where they had to listen to some rock, or at least didn't have to pay for it, it might as well be Muse.

Go figure...

Ok so ever since I discovered Muse, I've aways said that when I marry my first dance will be one of them (preferably Unintended), because absolutely no-one I know knows them. It'd be different to what everyone was used to.

A while back of my aquaintances got married, so I was at this wedding feeling quite bored, when the first dance is anounced....

"you could be my unintended"... :eek:

I went nuts, clapping my hand causing everyone to aplaud.

Afterwards lots of people (incl. bride, had no idea she was into muse!), came over asking who this band was and how great it sounded, one woman in particular was very interested. I made her listen to Oos and Showbiz...She really likes them tho she did think matt was a woman:LOL:

Other than that no muse-ings in my life none of my close friends care for them, no idea what they are missing!

Guest Octazooka
:eek::supersad:Nawww! He needs marriage. Now. By you.:yesey:

Or at least go out with him or sommat. I mean, how often d'ya getta chance like that?!!:p

:awesome: I used to be close to him but after a fallout we went almost :facepalm::LOL: Maybe I should, eh? He's shy, I'm shy. :facepalm::LOL:

Ok so ever since I discovered Muse, I've aways said that when I marry my first dance will be one of them (preferably Unintended), because absolutely no-one I know knows them. It'd be different to what everyone was used to.

A while back of my aquaintances got married, so I was at this wedding feeling quite bored, when the first dance is anounced....

"you could be my unintended"... :eek:

I went nuts, clapping my hand causing everyone to aplaud.

Afterwards lots of people (incl. bride, had no idea she was into muse!), came over asking who this band was and how great it sounded, one woman in particular was very interested. I made her listen to Oos and Showbiz...She really likes them tho she did think matt was a woman:LOL:

Other than that no muse-ings in my life none of my close friends care for them, no idea what they are missing!

that is a very lovely story :')

whenever (and if) i get married, I've always intended to have a Muse song played... preferably Invincible i think :)

So I'm gonna be doing Rock Eisteddfod tomorrow (which for those of you who don't know is basically school's competing against each other to tell a story of their choice, with an 8 minute performance/dance, its pretty major in Australia) and so I'm watching videos from last years performances.

There's this one I started watched and half-way through, they start dancing to Supermassive Black Hole :D And then the very next video I watched, MOTP is the dance the school used for the finale part of the performance :D

I thought it was exciting :p Hopefully some other schools tomorrow dance to Muse :happy:

I just watched another Rock Eisteddfod video from last year and another school used a Muse song...this time it was Con-Science. :happy:

Awesome!! Except she said they were all ugly :LOL:. Wish my friends did Muse related stuff like that.. :(

Oh, I bet she'll come around. I thought they were all ugly too when I first saw a picture of them, up until one day when I was 15 and stumbled upon PMT... enough said. :p

Anyway I wish my friends did too.

The only Musing I can think of is when my American government teacher said something like "United States of..." obviously meaning America but the first thing that popped into my mind was Eurasia.

Also attempting to master Bedroom Acoustics and practicing so much my fingers are super sore. I'm getting there though :D

Oh and I named my calculator Dominic.. :erm:

I recently found out that a girl in a few of my classes likes Muse, but has only heard Black Holes and Revelations. Still, I was so excited and today she asked me if I could draw the Muse logo on her pencil case because apparently I was really good at it (which is not true because my handwriting is horrible and I can't even draw a straight line:facepalm:), and straight away I said "SURE!!"

Also today my friend showed me her folder where she had drawn a Muse logo and I was like :awesome: "I'm so proud of you!" Then she told me to look again and then I saw she wrote "sucks" afterwards:rolleyes:

:LOL: Kind of a Muse-ing, but my dad just came in and heard me listening to Kanye West and said "Oooh, is this Muse?" :rolleyes: Oh well, he likes them anyway.

I recently found out that a girl in a few of my classes likes Muse, but has only heard Black Holes and Revelations. Still, I was so excited and today she asked me if I could draw the Muse logo on her pencil case because apparently I was really good at it (which is not true because my handwriting is horrible and I can't even draw a straight line:facepalm:), and straight away I said "SURE!!"

Also today my friend showed me her folder where she had drawn a Muse logo and I was like :awesome: "I'm so proud of you!" Then she told me to look again and then I saw she wrote "sucks" afterwards:rolleyes:

:LOL: Kind of a Muse-ing, but my dad just came in and heard me listening to Kanye West and said "Oooh, is this Muse?" :rolleyes: Oh well, he likes them anyway.

kanye west ? -> muse ?

does your dad have earz ?? :LOL:

Whenever I'm lucky enough to catch Muse on the tele, my ma will see Chris and go on for the rest of the day about ''how cute he is.''

Same with my mum, everytime I watch a Muse dvd she says "ooh, he's nice looking". One time she asked if he was married and she was disappointed when I told her he was:chuckle:

Yesterday, my english teacher was explaining how some students have a "blackhole" of a backpack and everything gets sucked in and disappears. I had the "black holes and revelations....our hopes and expectations" part of starlight stuck in my head the entire day after that:happy:

Archived