My history teacher keeps saying Resistance & Uprisings when talking about the citizens of Europe rebelling against the government :happy:

Oh my gosh! In AP US History, the same thing happens to me. Especially when we have a reading assignment to do, I can't take it seriously. I just can't. When you have the words uprising, and resistance on every page, you can't help but uncontrollably laugh. I even have to stop what I'm doing and take a picture of the page just so I can calm down, so I see where you're coming from :)

Several Musings I've had: My best friend hates Muse. I don't know why but she does:( . Couple days ago, she went up to me and said "OMG! Muse on SNL, during one of their songs, the bass player was so awesome!!!!" Although she still holds a grudge against them (for no obvious reasons whatsoever), I was so happy!

I've converted my little brother into a Muser by excessively showing him videos and songs about them. He's in love with The 2nd Law, especially Supremacy. My whole family seems to dig them too, which is awesome! I also showed one of my friends Knights of Cydonia and she thought it was pretty epic! :)

My sophomore year, my language arts teacher was huge on rock and roll, so she wanted to know who everyone's favorite band was as an icebreaker for the first day of the school year. When it was my turn, I said that my favorite band was Muse, and she said that she actually went to one of their concerts and loved their songs, which made me so happy. Considering that 87% of the class said that their favorites were Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, all the mainstream artists etc. We ended up listening to Uprising and Take a Bow during class to understand literary works, which made it so much easier for me to comprehend the lesson. :)

Ok, so this is going to sound really dumb, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Up until today I had never heard the 'real' Citizen Erased

In January 2010, I purchased a compilation album of Muse from Bali, and a few of the songs had a werid sound in the backround, sound of like a washing machine.

It didn't really make any difference to the music, and I knew it wasn't meant to be there, but today I decided to actually look up the 'proper' version.

IT'S SO MUCH BETTER.

That stupid sound was so unbelievably annoying, and I never realised.

The moral of this story is that I'm a lazy idiot.

:$

K bye.

My sophomore year, my language arts teacher was huge on rock and roll, so she wanted to know who everyone's favorite band was as an icebreaker for the first day of the school year. When it was my turn, I said that my favorite band was Muse, and she said that she actually went to one of their concerts and loved their songs, which made me so happy. Considering that 87% of the class said that their favorites were Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, all the mainstream artists etc. We ended up listening to Uprising and Take a Bow during class to understand literary works, which made it so much easier for me to comprehend the lesson. :)

Your teacher is fantastic!! :awesome: I wish something like that would happen to me!

Your teacher is fantastic!! :awesome: I wish something like that would happen to me!

It was an awesome class. She gave us extra credit if we suggested songs that she could use next year, and I suggested Resistance. :)

I had a Muse-ing today with my best friend lol. Homecoming tickets are going on sale but they're really expensive, and the price went up by about $15 from last year. We are deciding to do an Anti-Homecoming in protest, and I added onto it by saying "They will not force us to pay these prices." Then the both of us sang Uprising, and she got it stuck in her head. The best part is that she's not the biggest fan of Muse, and I've been trying to get her into them. Mission accomplished!!! :D

Today I was on the computer and I had just finished playing Gangnam Style. I had a great idea: "Hey, why don't I blast Panic Station throughout the house?" So I did, and then I see EVERYONE in the house dancing to Panic Station. Goodness gracious, everyone in my family is starting to become a Muser. I literally laughed until I cried and blasted the song again, much to everyone's satisfaction, including my own :D

So I texted Triple J (Australia's main alternative radio station for anyone who doesn't live here) requesting a song from T2L, and they rang me up! The production manager was asking me what song I wanted to hear, and she must be a Muse fan cause she was like 'Which one is your favourite? Do you like Matt?'

And I was like ' I love Matt, but I have a bit of a crush on Dom.' (what an understatement)

Then we went on the air and the interviewer asked me if I was a Muse fan and I said I was a pretty big one, then she asked why I liked them and I said they're innovative, inspiring blah blah blah.

Then she asked me if I like T2L, because it was dividing alot of Muse fans, and I said 'I love it. There's no point just sticking to what you're good at, it's good to push your boundaries and try something new.'

Then she started playing Panic Station and I may or may not have gone 'Oh yeah' on national radio.

I'm a bit flustered after my 5 minutes of fame haha

Sorry to any Aussie Muse fans who don't like T2L, I just kinda represented you there :LOL:

I met Matt and Dom today:)

Because I'm in London for the gig tomorrow night at the O2 I thought I'd go down to the ITV studios to try my chances at meeting the guys when they went into the Jonathan Ross show. We got to the studio at around 3pm and went straight to reception to see if the guys had already arrived. A woman on reception told us that the guys had already arrived early that morning. I was quite upset about that because I thought I had a chance at meeting them! We decided to take a walk along the river so we went back round to the back of the studio. I had to take my contact lenses out because I had tears in my eyes so I couldn't see much. We got to the back and my dad said "That bald guy over there looks like Chris!" so of course I legged it over to a huge black gate where Chris was stood on the other side! Unfortunately I didn't get there in time for him to sign what I had but at least I saw him! I got talking to a couple of people and they said that Matt and Dom hadn't arrived yet so I decided to wait, so the reception lied to us. About 10 minutes later a car turned up and Dom got out! He walked over to the gates and started to sign stuff. He got down to me and happily signed my 2nd Law CD sleeve:) he went over to my brother signed his poster and shook his hand! After Dom finished with us he left and went inside! When Dom left I cried a lot of happy tears. 5 minutes later another car turned up so we assumed it was Matt. Morgan jumped out and quickly went up the ramp and through the door! Half an hour later some people came out looking worried because Matt was half an hour late. My dad overheard them say that they were just gonna get Matt straight inside because they needed to sound check asap. A few minutes later Matts car turned up and he got out. Someone came over to walk him up the ramp but thankfully someone shouted "Sign something for your fans!" so he turned around and came over to us. I bought Matt some banana socks so I really wanted to give them to him. I yelled something about the socks and one of the men with Matt came over and said he'd give them to Matt, he also said the were nice socks:P anyway Matt got through and signed just about everyone's pictures and cd's then he left and went inside to the rest of the guys! Such a great day:)

:supersad:

You are so lucky!

I haven't been to a concert yet, and when I do I have no idea how I'll try to meet them.

Good thing I'm going to Coldplay and Regina Spektor concerts and Big Day Out so I can get lots of practice :LOL: The Killers are playing at Big Day Out so I'm probably going to try to meet them or something because I just fucking love them so much, and I'm determined to yell otu 'I LOVE YOU' when they come on stage haha

Just had huge phone convo with my best friend, who is also my Muser buddy, who I haven't spoken to apart from texting in over a year.

Turns out we're still more alike than my real twin sister and I; we were talking about T2L and we had the exact same opinions about it, then we were talking about The Killers album, and we had the exact same, specific opinions about it :eek:

I think we can read each other's mind :LOL:

Archived