I was lucky enough to meet Matt and Dominic on the train from Paddington to Newton Abbot last Friday :DMatt was listening to music on his headphones, but I had a quick chat with Dominic (nice guy!), and they both signed my train ticket. Hope you had a good weekend in Devon guys!

So Matt didn't take his headphones off? :wtf:

I dunno what I'd do if I met them, especially Matt (huge inspiration to me). I hope to go to a signing one day and find out though :p

So Matt didn't take his headphones off? :wtf:

I dunno what I'd do if I met them, especially Matt (huge inspiration to me). I hope to go to a signing one day and find out though :p

No he left them on, but as I was interrupting his personal time, and I was chatting to Dom anyway, it was fair enough

I forgot to mention yesterday that when we were in our groups writing our songs, my friend Chloe sang the lyrics we'd made up. When she sang them she went "that totally sounds like something Muse would write!" :awesome: and when we were coming up with the riff our mentor was mentioning different styles of music and he mentioned that we could try to make something Musey :awesome:!

Just wondering for possible future references, how did you initiate the conversation? Did you say, "OH MY LORDY MUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS!" or something like "Hey Dom, how's it going?"

Ha ha, something along the lines of the latter. I think I just said hello, apologised for interrupting them, and asked if it would be OK to get their autographs on my ticket (which was the only bit of paper I had on me apart from a bank note). I think I was the only person who had noticed them, and Dom seemed a bit surprised to be honest.

I had spotted Dom earlier in the buffet car as I was stood next to him in the queue! Although I was 90% sure it was him, there was an element of doubt, so I did not say anything. About an hour or so later I walked through the carriage to the buffet again (mainly to double-check!), and this time saw him sitting opposite Matt, so by then it was not a complete shock. On the way back through to my seat I plucked up the courage to say hello.

They both got off at the same stop as me, Newton Abbot, and again I don't think anyone spotted them, despite it being fairly busy. Their parents (I think) were waiting for them outside the station

Ha ha, something along the lines of the latter. I think I just said hello, apologised for interrupting them, and asked if it would be OK to get their autographs on my ticket (which was the only bit of paper I had on me apart from a bank note). I think I was the only person who had noticed them, and Dom seemed a bit surprised to be honest.

I had spotted Dom earlier in the buffet car as I was stood next to him in the queue! Although I was 90% sure it was him, there was an element of doubt, so I did not say anything. About an hour or so later I walked through the carriage to the buffet again (mainly to double-check!), and this time saw him sitting opposite Matt, so by then it was not a complete shock. On the way back through to my seat I plucked up the courage to say hello.

They both got off at the same stop as me, Newton Abbot, and again I don't think anyone spotted them, despite it being fairly busy. Their parents (I think) were waiting for them outside the station

That's so awesome :awesome: I wish I lived in England :$ That's really cool of Dom to do that, though. A lot of celebrities act a bit cold towards their fans.

I was looking on my Paramore google news feed and I found this about Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack...

We all know it's not been the easiest of paths, and its impressive soundtracking from the off - which has previously featured cuts from emo-pop acts Muse, Paramore and Linkin Park.

:LOL: Muse are now apparently an "emo-pop act"

I was lucky enough to meet Matt and Dominic on the train from Paddington to Newton Abbot last Friday :D Matt was listening to music on his headphones, but I had a quick chat with Dominic (nice guy!), and they both signed my train ticket. Hope you had a good weekend in Devon guys!

Owwww lucky lucky lucky lucky!!!:eek::awesome:

I was looking on my Paramore google news feed and I found this about Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack...

:LOL: Muse are now apparently an "emo-pop act"

:LOL:

Ok, I play violin (and have been dying to find some Muse sheet music :mad:) and the teacher asks us to bring in music. The first two brought in this really girly stuff (Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus... I almost vomited) and she asks me my choice and I said.....*pause for dramatic effect* the Exogen. symph. becasue i couldn't pick a fav. song and it was an instrumental class...so what the hell!

On wednesday she played pt. 1 and my friend' s like so this is Muse? (she always heard me talk about them but never heard their glorious music) and she's mocking it just to annoy me (i eventually got really annoyed and I kicked her)... I shushed her and when Matt starting singing with the slight falsetto in overture she's like :eek: "why does sound like a girl?" i fell on the floor laughing my arse off for five minutes and i said "that's falsetto you idiot!!".

After class she kept on mocking it and i went on this huge rant about Muse until we left.:D For ten minutes I'm yelling at her, "Let's see you headline festivals like Glastonbury! Let's see you have live shows that are better then the studio versions! Let's see you have a three octave voice range! Let's see you do it all with only three people (and sometimes Morgan and Dan the trumpet man) Let's see you be as awesome as Matt, Dom and Chris! Let's seee you wear a Spiderman costume on stage! Let's see you have such an awesome fanbase (tht was sorta also for us :D) etc."

Ok, I play violin (and have been dying to find some Muse sheet music :mad:) and the teacher asks us to bring in music. The first two brought in this really girly stuff (Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus... I almost vomited) and she asks me my choice and I said.....*pause for dramatic effect* the Exogen. symph. becasue i couldn't pick a fav. song and it was an instrumental class...so what the hell!

On wednesday she played pt. 1 and my friend' s like so this is Muse? (she always heard me talk about them but never heard their glorious music) and she's mocking it just to annoy me (i eventually got really annoyed and I kicked her)... I shushed her and when Matt starting singing with the slight falsetto in overture she's like :eek: "why does sound like a girl?" i fell on the floor laughing my arse off for five minutes and i said "that's falsetto you idiot!!".

After class she kept on mocking it and i went on this huge rant about Muse until we left.:D For ten minutes I'm yelling at her, "Let's see you headline festivals like Glastonbury! Let's see you have live shows that are better then the studio versions! Let's see you have a three octave voice range! Let's see you do it all with only three people (and sometimes Morgan and Dan the trumpet man) Let's see you be as awesome as Matt, Dom and Chris! Let's seee you wear a Spiderman costume on stage! Let's see you have such an awesome fanbase (tht was sorta also for us :D) etc."

Your friend is my dad.

After class she kept on mocking it and i went on this huge rant about Muse until we left.:DFor ten minutes I'm yelling at her, "Let's see you headline festivals like Glastonbury! Let's see you have live shows that are better then the studio versions! Let's see you have a three octave voice range! Let's see you do it all with only three people (and sometimes Morgan and Dan the trumpet man) Let's see you be as awesome as Matt, Dom and Chris! Let's seee you wear a Spiderman costume on stage! Let's see you have such an awesome fanbase (tht was sorta also for us :D) etc."

Damn

Archived