How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

All the crap day to day things pale into insignificance when listening to Exogenesis. I think I could happily live a life in solitude and just listen to Exogenesis! In fact I'd quite like that!:D Well I'd probably like other music too in reality, but it's just the perfect piece of music to accompany that dream of getting away from it all.

I would love an extended version of it, one that filled up an album. Or at least half an hour rather than the quarter of an hour as its over too soon. I hope that Matt will venture further into composing classical/rock musical compositions.:)

Does anyone know if the main piano piece in Part 3 has any influences from pieces composed by classical composers, such as, chopin, strauss. etc? As I would love to listen to the original piece if it has been "sampled", although, as Matt is a genius, I reckon it's probably all his work

Does anyone know if the main piano piece in Part 3 has any influences from pieces composed by classical composers, such as, chopin, strauss. etc? As I would love to listen to the original piece if it has been "sampled", although, as Matt is a genius, I reckon it's probably all his work

Not sampled but you can hear an influence in Part 3 from Liszt Liebenstraume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXPcv9MS7s

Blah blah blah blah (not at this thread!) generally! All pales into nothing against Exogenesis! I think it may well be my favourite piece of music ever! :) Just needed to let that out! :D

Imagine this live...

Overture

Cross pollination...Piano section...then matt gets up and grabs his guitar for the "spread our codes to the stars" part and ends with a heavy guitar rendition of the intro to CP (like what space dementia did)

...and then back to piano for redemption

Have they played every part (1,2,3) at any gigs at any gigs? They played part 1 at Glasgow :D

They've only played Overture, which has opened the encore at every gig.

They opened the show with it on one occasion though.

Overture is great live. The guitar solo is icredible, so are Matt and Chris's vocals. The rest is good but not as good as say SS and KoC but I know it's cus it's backing instrumentals.

Imagine this live...

Overture

Cross pollination...Piano section...then matt gets up and grabs his guitar for the "spread our codes to the stars" part and ends with a heavy guitar rendition of the intro to CP (like what space dementia did)

...and then back to piano for redemption

oh that would be dream come true for me :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Nyk4910M8

this is NOT me...i just thought it was freaking hilarious...eye scratch at 1:45

His metamorphosis already started (see the moustache), hence the weird transitions between the castratus falsetto and the hormoned manly voice. I'll attribute this:

image6lh.jpg

to brain damage though. It is hilarious.

Edited by OneWhoGoes

I personally felt that Overture sounded rather weak live. The backing track sounded really sterile and I felt that Matt's voice was uneven throughout the whole song.

The guitar solo was good, but has nothing on the studio version. I was pretty disappointed with Overture live, for both nights, as a whole. :(.

hi, I am an italian cellist... I play in a orchestra and we would like to play Exogenesis Symphony but I can t find the orchestra scores...:( can someone help me :)

hi, I am an italian cellist... I play in a orchestra and we would like to play Exogenesis Symphony but I can t find the orchestra scores...:( can someone help me :)

Part 1 is here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/muse/exogenesis_symphony_part_1_overture_guitar_pro.htm

Part 3:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/muse/exogenesis_symphony_part_3_redemption_guitar_pro.htm

Not sure about part 2, though. You must have guitar pro installed to read the tabs, btw.

I swear overture had no violin live!? Very quiet if it did.

Back to an earlier point I made (but can't find the post) on how it pissed me off that so many people were talking about how EG is Muse's best works and how they were all crying when they heard it on the radio, and that nothing ever could surpass it... I think it is amazing - but in EXACTLY the same vein as Hoodoo, which is easily as good! (last time I said Citizen was better, which upset a lot of CE haters!).

Fair enough, EG is amazing, but maybe a few months on, people may now be thinking it isn't neccisarily THE best thing Muse has ever done (think Showbiz, Hoodoo, Knights are all better).

I swear overture had no violin live!? Very quiet if it did.

Back to an earlier point I made (but can't find the post) on how it pissed me off that so many people were talking about how EG is Muse's best works and how they were all crying when they heard it on the radio, and that nothing ever could surpass it... I think it is amazing - but in EXACTLY the same vein as Hoodoo, which is easily as good! (last time I said Citizen was better, which upset a lot of CE haters!).

Fair enough, EG is amazing, but maybe a few months on, people may now be thinking it isn't neccisarily THE best thing Muse has ever done (think Showbiz, Hoodoo, Knights are all better).

I still think it's the best thing they have ever done.

Yeah, I think it's stolen the top spot for my favourite Muse songs too. It's not amazingly different, but its just so damn good. Blackout, which is mighty comparable, is my 2nd favourite track.

Defintely one of the best things they've done, as a whole and in their seperate parts. The musicianship is staggering - if any other band tried this, they would utterly fail.

I absolutely love it! First I didn't because I thought like "Bah, symphony sounds boring, I want rock!" but then I liked it more and more. It's just really beautiful (for lack of a better word).:LOL: The 3 parts are just perfect, don't know, it's like a journey to a fantasy world. Oh my, Muse make me talk cheesey/kitsch...:eek: