Hoodoo Discussion Thread

ChrisirhC

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was actually thinking guitar instead of piano throughout. I highly doubt it would be as good as the way it normally is, but it would be interesting to hear.

I dunno, I can picture it being pulled off.

Hoodoo is one of those songs that has just started to "click" with me more recently. It used to be one of my least favorite songs off BH&R (for whatever reason), but especially after watching a few live videos of it, I've really begun to appreciate it. Heck, I prefer it to a good half of the album now.

It's eerie. Why even mention crisis's in people's eyes when it's obvious from the singing he doesn't really care? It's all just a drag. My friend used to have a lot of shit, bad depression, the rest. She didn't want to feel like that, but it was just 'Oh you're a burden. Why can't you just be okay?', that people treated her like. HooDoo reminds me of that so I don'ts really like it. Sorry. :$

What?! :LOL: The way he sings "Why, why" is because he doesn't care about whatever it is? :stunned: and then after the "again" it goes really dramatic!

I'm not saying I completely trust it's sincerity, but that is only because it is so dramatic not because of how it is sung or expressed.

I think the story is very well expressed.

But on a lighter note, does anyone ever think about one of those old silent, black and white silent films that go really fast, where someone is tied to a railroad screaming with a steam train coming. :chuckle:

No? Maybe that's just me trying to make sense of it.

But on a lighter note, does anyone ever think about one of those old silent, black and white silent films that go really fast, where someone is tied to a railroad screaming with a steam train coming. :chuckle:

I've always thought that's what the "railroad" line refers to, but I don't connect the entire song with that.

I've always thought that's what the "railroad" line refers to, but I don't connect the entire song with that.

I suppose it's because of the beginning of the song, it kind of links in. But no I don't think it refers to the whole song either. I think it is, as with a lot of Muse songs, layered. It has more than one lyrical influence.

:yesey: I do!!

Yeah definitely, I always kinda interpreted it as a metaphor for maybe being in a doomed or inevitably destructive relationship, that's probably just me though.

The lyrics are amazing, easily amongst Matt's best lyrics imo, if not his best.

Archived