"Map of the Problematique" + Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence"

Zerikou

So... I know all of the comparisons between this song and Depeche Mode... but I wonder. Has anyone noticed that one of the voices that sings "Loneliness be over" actually sounds like the guy from Depeche Mode?

I just wondered if anyone noticed that, or if I'm crazy.

So... I know all of the comparisons between this song and Depeche Mode... but I wonder. Has anyone noticed that one of the voices that sings "Loneliness be over" actually sounds like the guy from Depeche Mode?

I guess so, the song in general seems to be influenced by loads of various Depeche Mode songs, like the riff/chord progression, which is the same as 'A Pain That I'm Used To's and some other big similarities between 'Enjoy The Silence' too

Matt's deep voice during the verses is similar to that of Dave Gahan's.

It sounds more like Martin Gore when he sings "loneliness be over".

Haha. Great.

But actually, I mean that, during that line, there is a voice layered in that sounds EXACTLY like that guy, in his tone and everything. Nothing like Bellamy, which makes me think its either an illusion created by the multiple voices, or another singer.

Haha. Great.

But actually, I mean that, during that line, there is a voice layered in that sounds EXACTLY like that guy, in his tone and everything. Nothing like Bellamy, which makes me think its either an illusion created by the multiple voices, or another singer.

Could be Chris...?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Friendly greetings! I've lurked here but wanted to post and share this mashup/remix with you. Many of us have heard that Depeche Mode's "Enjoy of the Silence" bore influence on Muse's "Map of the Problematique". I figured it was time to combine two of my faves into one song!

» Listen to "Map of the Silence"

I've also attached a digital recording, also known as an "MP3", for ye convenience.

ENJOY!

Depeche-Mode+Muse=Map-of-the-Silence.mp3

Am I right by saying the keys of the songs are completely different? Because it sounds it..

No, both songs are the same key, both songs share pretty much the same chord sequence in fact.

Just whatever programme was used for the beatmatching may have pitchshifted one or the other, though some of the plugins and other sounds sounded like Ableton Live, so should be in tune :confused:

Thanx kindly for listening!

No, both songs are the same key, both songs share pretty much the same chord sequence in fact.

Just whatever programme was used for the beatmatching may have pitchshifted one or the other, though some of the plugins and other sounds sounded like Ableton Live, so should be in tune :confused:

There was no pitchshifting of either the Muse or Depeche Mode track — great spotting on Ableton Live.

You'll notice it's a curious psychological effect, in the beginning when Dave Gahan's vox come in, the "MotP" arrangement has its treble turned down so those overtones don't ring.

As you keep listening, it becomes how harmonically rich they work together, especially towards the end. My intent with that was dynamic contrast, and exactly to exude those observant remarks.

There was no pitchshifting of either the Muse or Depeche Mode track — great spotting on Ableton Live.

Where did you get the acapella of Enjoy The Silence? That would be something I'd love to have.

It probs just needed a touch of reverb or something just to get the two songs to gel together

@haze015 Subtle reverb and delay (at points) applied, I suspect part of the trickiness is due to "MoTP" being so dynamically squashed. And I googled and found an MP3 titled "Enjoy The Silence (2008 Accapella)", not sure which DM release it originates from.

@r2thabh: Whole! Standard album version.

Thanx guys!

Archived