ok dudes... have just uploaded another 2. can only fit 2 at a time on anglefire.

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/ernest0/index.html

1, Growser

2, Preggy

enjoy...

hi

i'm usually critical about most music. especially new bands; nearly everything doesn't stand out. but preggy is great. which parts are you doing ernest? i enjoyed listening to that so much, i'll actually listen to that again and again from now on

growser didn't grab me. it was good, but the singers way of singing isn't my thing in this song. plus the acoustic part at the end kinda stood out, the gap was quite noticable...and it sounds like Fake plastic trees by radiohead :happy:

cool stuff tho....credit

hi

i'm usually critical about most music. especially new bands; nearly everything doesn't stand out. but preggy is great. which parts are you doing ernest? i enjoyed listening to that so much, i'll actually listen to that again and again from now on

growser didn't grab me. it was good, but the singers way of singing isn't my thing in this song. plus the acoustic part at the end kinda stood out, the gap was quite noticable...and it sounds like Fake plastic trees by radiohead :happy:

cool stuff tho....credit

dude. thanks V much. i play bass. I will put the first 2 up again next week, if you didnt already get them.

we do hope that we are slightly different, so your comments are warmly recieved. :happy:

I think we are round your way sometime in Nov. will post some tour dates on here when i get chance..

http://www.ernestnet.com

feel free to post something on the message board of our site. the rest of the site is been re written as we speak..

cheers :D

If you come to cardiff i'll come along and get people to see you, just tell me when (pm me too, in case i miss it)

and i'd like the first two songs, yeh. because i missed them. so i think i've added you on msn, otherwise tell me when you've changed them on the site

cheers

What an amazing song. My band actually did a song sort of similiar to this which was partly based on the adams family bass line. But i just love this song wow. And "all together and all alone" is just a brilliant lyric. What are your reasons for your name "battle circus". The song has a very circus feel to it, its amazing.Well done and good luck guys :)

battle circus was the name of our first song, before we actually had a name and just called ourselves "circus band"... it's also the name of a humphrey bogart film that our singer was watching at 3am one morning

we'll be recording another single soon, so i'll make sure to put it online for everyone to listen to

check http://www.battle-circus.com for more info

Ernest dates in the nxt few weeks.....

Sun 24th Oct, Jailhouse, Coventry

Thur 28th Oct, Josephs Well, Leeds.

Tue 2nd Nov, Linnet and Lark, Hull

Fri 5th Nov, not sure.???

Sat 13th Nov, W14 club, London

Tue 16th Nov, Liberties in Town, Middlesborough

Sat 27th Nov, Fenton, Leeds.

Dates TBC for Nov...

C18 york, Night and Day Manchester and Cavern Liverpool, Josephs Well Leeds

cheers dudes

http://www.ernestnet.com

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/ernest0/index.html

Wow, I've heard some really good bands here on this thread and it's good to know that there are still up and coming bands woth listening to.

Kudos to all you who have bands and are pushing for publicity.

Here's us...

Intravenus-OnLine

This is our official website. We're an alternative/experimental rock band based in Italy but almost all of our songs have English lyrics so don't let that put you off.

I'm not going to try to tell you what we sound like, all you have to do is go to the site and have a listen for yourself and then you tell us what we sound like.

If you do visit the site, stick a message into the shoutbox and let us know your thoughts.

ALL constructive criticisms and opinions are welcomed.

I just recorded a new song this morning. You can only get to it through my home page so here is the link.

Lyrics:

Here I lie

Talking about things

That I don't want to

Talk about

But I wanna get them

Off my chest

I thought that

You'd be okay to tell

You seem like the sort of person

Who would take it well

How wrong I was

I just didn't

keep my mouth shut

Keep it to my self

Neither did you

keep your mouth shut

Or so I am told

Every day

I hear your calling

As you ignore me

As best you can

I don't know why

I said what I did

I could have just

kept my mouth shut

Why I didn't

I don't know

I'm all regrets

Have I manged to escape

The worst encased scenario

Unlike before

It's not a broadcast to all

Do I have you

to thank for this?

My band's filled with talentless musicians (but they're my best friends so I wouldn't have it any other way). I'll look through some recordings to see if anything is listenable. In the meantime, here's a clip of a demo I made about a year ago. A friend of mine in film school asked me if I could compose an intro to his film project, so I threw this one together for him to see if he liked it. Unfortunately, he went with a simple piano piece instead.

Right-Click and Save As to listen.

I'll eventually turn this into a song. The clip stops where the vocals would come in and the "loud part" will repeat for the choruses. The verses will just have an acoustic guitar play a simple riff on Am.

Guest because
Hey, thank you very much for listening and for your kind words.

Can I ask if there was any track in particular which stood out for you?

I liked 'stop', the site looks professional...! :happy:

http://home.ripway.com/2004%2D11/199135/music/grace.mp3

This is me playing and singing Grace by Jeff Buckley. I recorded it because I'm rather bored, and wanted to see if I could.

One note.. the vocals sound like crap because I had to record them seperately from the guitar, due to the lack of decent connecty things at the back of my computer. I feel far more comfortable singing while playing guitar than just singing along to the music, it just doesn't feel natural to me like that, And as a result the vocals sound horrible at best. Anyways, I'm still fairly happy with it, considering I really can't sing at all, and this is the first time I've tried recording myself.

Oh and I'm well aware that the recording quality is complete crap, I'm recording this in my bedroom OK! And my equipment SuXoRz.