That's alright then, if you're free this wednesday we're finally headlining this year after many months. At B2 again and with good bands. £3 Entry and try and bring lots of people along. I'm also working on trying to get you on the bill for the gig with industry, i still need to win the others round as it looks like they want to get fraternity or stuck in conflict if you've heard of them. They're both fairly good bands who seem to love us and want to gig with us since playing with them last weekend.

That's alright then, if you're free this wednesday we're finally headlining this year after many months. At B2 again and with good bands. £3 Entry and try and bring lots of people along. I'm also working on trying to get you on the bill for the gig with industry, i still need to win the others round as it looks like they want to get fraternity or stuck in conflict if you've heard of them. They're both fairly good bands who seem to love us and want to gig with us since playing with them last weekend.

Keep fighting them!;) I was meant to play a gig with stuck in conflict a while ago.

Tell them that if they let me play then Ill play a cover of Fury by Muse on game boys, despite B2's strict no covers policy;)

I'll try and make it on Wednesday, and bring a few friends along:)

He does, actually quite handy for getting gigs, like we're playing a sproweston sixth form thing i think with the fuzz who beat us in some battle of the bands grr, but on the B2 website it says we're headlining that night so it's all good.

He does, actually quite handy for getting gigs, like we're playing a sproweston sixth form thing i think with the fuzz who beat us in some battle of the bands grr, but on the B2 website it says we're headlining that night so it's all good.

Again, small world, the singer and bass player of the fuzz are in my class at college:p

Haha, I've finally come up with a definitive version of one of my songs that I can record happily!

Its took nearly half a year to do, one riff and a decent drum part makes all the difference.

OFF-TOPIC : New Enter Shikari album isnt looking as good as thier first, it sounds too commercial.

Guest bshuker

ohai guys

just revamped an old song i had done, (funnily enuogh last august lol)

it was when i had first got my carvin, the guitars were all done with pod x3 live, and it was some logic instruments.

the 'acoustic' guitar at the end is actually the piezo on the carvin di'd with a lil bit of comp, eq and reverb.

strings are logic

the staticy part at the start is an instrument i made faffing about with one of the synths on logic

drums are toontrack superior

bass is logic

anyway, hope you like it!

i'd be interested to see what chris (theman361) has to say about it and shizzz plz

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7532935

The first album was great, heavier then the sound of the first few tunes we've heard from Common Dreads, it seems shouting has replaced scream.

I'll have to find some Hybryd tunes from somewhere!

Doing some recording tonight, will post updates on here if anyone is slightly interested :D

HI GUIZE!!

Need you all to help us!

Theres a big festival near us and we really want to play it.

Basically, to cut a long story short, VOTE FOR US!

Either do it online HERE > http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?PageID=72519

Or

Simply write SMTEXT (space) and then INDUSTRY and send it to 81800.

tell your friends! Spread the word

PLEEAAASSEE!

Love love love

xxx

HI GUIZE!!

Need you all to help us!

Either do it online HERE > http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?PageID=72519

Or

PLEEAAASSEE!

Love love love

xxx

Voted!

We won our thing btw :LOL:

HI GUIZE!!

Need you all to help us!

Or

PLEEAAASSEE!

Love love love

xxx

ah beaten to it! heh.

cheers for ppl who voted

ohai guys

just revamped an old song i had done, (funnily enuogh last august lol)

it was when i had first got my carvin, the guitars were all done with pod x3 live, and it was some logic instruments.

the 'acoustic' guitar at the end is actually the piezo on the carvin di'd with a lil bit of comp, eq and reverb.

strings are logic

the staticy part at the start is an instrument i made faffing about with one of the synths on logic

drums are toontrack superior

bass is logic

anyway, hope you like it!

i'd be interested to see what chris (theman361) has to say about it and shizzz plz

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7532935

really nice bass timbre in the intro. the drums sound kinda empty though when they start compared. the guitar tone and some things about the mix in general remind me epicly heavily of joe satriani circa engines of creation (listen if you havent... you'll see what i mean.. it may also be the modes you are playing in, VERY similar though)... guitar is a nice tone and well balanced.. it fits well, as its definitely the focus of the piece.

with a more powerful / heavier mixed drum stem id really like the track. the interlude sounding part towards the end has some kinda overpowering synth strings i might tone down a bit (didnt seem to fit so well) but overall i really liked it. very satriani esque, definitely. i like the reverb, but i assume that was space designer? those lead tones really are very good. jmp i assume? how did you record it?

Guest bshuker
really nice bass timbre in the intro. the drums sound kinda empty though when they start compared. the guitar tone and some things about the mix in general remind me epicly heavily of joe satriani circa engines of creation (listen if you havent... you'll see what i mean.. it may also be the modes you are playing in, VERY similar though)... guitar is a nice tone and well balanced.. it fits well, as its definitely the focus of the piece.

with a more powerful / heavier mixed drum stem id really like the track. the interlude sounding part towards the end has some kinda overpowering synth strings i might tone down a bit (didnt seem to fit so well) but overall i really liked it. very satriani esque, definitely. i like the reverb, but i assume that was space designer? those lead tones really are very good. jmp i assume? how did you record it?

Oooh awesome, ta for listenings!

Righto well I have no Satch at all, I probably should get some however! :LOL:

Drums I have been severely lazy with, not gonna lie about that its the superior samples done with a stereo out and no processing, so that's why they're pretty wank sounding.

Gotta love how you keep comparing me to Satriani btw :awesome:

Guitar was actually Pod X3 on this, back before I got the JMP, I did this track last August, I just added some more bass and drums tried to tie it up a bit, before the whole second half had no rhythm section just guitar lol.

Reverbs are I think actually the AVerb plug in Logic, or they could well be space designer. I'll check and get back to you on that one

Tempted to agree with you about those strings now you mention it so I'll drop those down.

Will work on the drums see what I can do with it!

Andd I'll get some Satch

Oooh awesome, ta for listenings!

Righto well I have no Satch at all, I probably should get some however! :LOL:

Drums I have been severely lazy with, not gonna lie about that its the superior samples done with a stereo out and no processing, so that's why they're pretty wank sounding.

Gotta love how you keep comparing me to Satriani btw :awesome:

Guitar was actually Pod X3 on this, back before I got the JMP, I did this track last August, I just added some more bass and drums tried to tie it up a bit, before the whole second half had no rhythm section just guitar lol.

Reverbs are I think actually the AVerb plug in Logic, or they could well be space designer. I'll check and get back to you on that one

Tempted to agree with you about those strings now you mention it so I'll drop those down.

Will work on the drums see what I can do with it!

Andd I'll get some Satch

listen to 'until we say goodbye' or 'clouds race across the sky' by satriani... reminded me of that though i kinda preferred your tone, it was a bit meatier.

Guest bshuker
listen to 'until we say goodbye' or 'clouds race across the sky' by satriani... reminded me of that though i kinda preferred your tone, it was a bit meatier.

ooooh i have clouds race across the sky on now, i completely see what you mean, that is very interesting indeed! this is a really pretty song aswell, thats even MORE instrumental guitar music i'm gonna have to get now :rolleyes: lol

i'm gonna go grab my jmp and try it out with some impulses just now I think by the way, if I get some decent tones going i'll hook you up with some clips and send you the impulses if you like them

edit: also on the JMP front, I get a very similar tone live with it to the kinda stuff I had going on the pod with that recording, yours should sound even better with the 20/20 thats for sure.

worth noting aswell the kinda lead tones i like to dial in are absolutely horrid for chords because they tend to be very mid heavy and get too muddy

ideal lead tone for me tends to be very much like Frank Gambale/Allan Holdsworth, the very bizarre thing is that they have both used the Mesa studio pre and got that sort of tone, yet for me I couldn't get it, I guess it must've been a matter of poweramp with that though.

Edited by bshuker

ooooh i have clouds race across the sky on now, i completely see what you mean, that is very interesting indeed! this is a really pretty song aswell, thats even MORE instrumental guitar music i'm gonna have to get now :rolleyes: lol

i'm gonna go grab my jmp and try it out with some impulses just now I think by the way, if I get some decent tones going i'll hook you up with some clips and send you the impulses if you like them

edit: also on the JMP front, I get a very similar tone live with it to the kinda stuff I had going on the pod with that recording, yours should sound even better with the 20/20 thats for sure.

worth noting aswell the kinda lead tones i like to dial in are absolutely horrid for chords because they tend to be very mid heavy and get too muddy

ideal lead tone for me tends to be very much like Frank Gambale/Allan Holdsworth, the very bizarre thing is that they have both used the Mesa studio pre and got that sort of tone, yet for me I couldn't get it, I guess it must've been a matter of poweramp with that though.

yeh i think the key to a good solo tone is also in the mids, cant scoop them.. but its not something youd play chords on :p

hopefully the jmp will sound good with my 20/20 if it ever arrives! i have a bad feeling about the guy i bought it from (he said the paypal funds didnt clear when i bought it, and i dont think they did cos my account wasnt credited til friday) but that was tuesday, and i havent heard from him since the money left my account.

it better arrive in the post soon, else someone's gonna get pwnd. would like to hear the jmp tones you come up with.. and yeah, that satriani track is a good piece of music.

btw that thing you posted also reminds me a little of jeff beck's 'angel footsteps' from his 'who else' album.. probably mainly just because i think its in the same key though ;P ... while im speaking about that album, listen to 'brush with the blues' by jeff beck if you have time. i think its an excellent piece of playing, great dynamics, great tone and how to really play a solo ;D

edit: also good to jam to

Edited by the_man361

Guest bshuker
yeh i think the key to a good solo tone is also in the mids, cant scoop them.. but its not something youd play chords on :p

hopefully the jmp will sound good with my 20/20 if it ever arrives! i have a bad feeling about the guy i bought it from (he said the paypal funds didnt clear when i bought it, and i dont think they did cos my account wasnt credited til friday) but that was tuesday, and i havent heard from him since the money left my account.

it better arrive in the post soon, else someone's gonna get pwnd. would like to hear the jmp tones you come up with.. and yeah, that satriani track is a good piece of music.

ah fuck me thats a bit of a nightmare, i'm sure you can resolve it with paypal hopefully?!

IF NOT TEAM 1337 will be on the case

btw that thing you posted also reminds me a little of jeff beck's 'angel footsteps' from his 'who else' album.. probably mainly just because i think its in the same key though ;P ... while im speaking about that album, listen to 'brush with the blues' by jeff beck if you have time. i think its an excellent piece of playing, great dynamics, great tone and how to really play a solo ;D

edit: also good to jam to

i will get on the case of this!

also i'm just doing some playing around with impulses now, i'm REALLY really really impressed so far, i'll post the clean in a sec

gonna play around a bit more then sample some of the dirt for you :D

ah fuck me thats a bit of a nightmare, i'm sure you can resolve it with paypal hopefully?!

IF NOT TEAM 1337 will be on the case

i will get on the case of this!

also i'm just doing some playing around with impulses now, i'm REALLY really really impressed so far, i'll post the clean in a sec

gonna play around a bit more then sample some of the dirt for you :D

nice one!